Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default gaining weight from bing eating?

Do you gain and retain the weight you gained from bing eating? Like does it turn into fat by just bing eating one day? or is it not turned into body fat right away? I usually like to have a cheat day 1 day a week and I just eat anything for breakfast/lunch/dinner plus snacks and I usually gain 2-3 lbs the next day but I usually can lose it back in a week.

I would appreciate any feedback/advice. Thank you very much!
azntenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

One pound equals 3500 calories. So you have to eat 3500 calories more than you burn (not total) in order to gain a pound. Otherwise, it's just water weight from the satliness, and you'll lose it within a day or two if you drinks lots and lots of water.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Remember weight gain is not all inclusive to 1 pound increments, and specific 24 hour lots...Also metabolism vary from person to person. If you eat 1750 more than you burn in a given 24 hours you can gain 1/2 pound, 875 extra is 1/4 pound (or equivalent to a stick of butter). My point is, don't let people fool you that all the weight gained in your body over a 1 day binge is just colon sludge and water. I gained 80 pounds in less than a year by binge eating. It started out a rare event, and turned into a weekly, then almost daily compulsion...it was real, honest to goodness fat.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-17-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I will agree with Lori Bell about the attention needed to regular binge eating. Articles in the past months at Prevention and other places have pointed out the importance for both overall weight maintenance but especially for weight loss to eat basically the same everyday. The articles said weekend heavy calorie consumption was particularly damaging to staying at a goal weight and also for folks trying to lose.

For me as I both head in to "maintenance living" and also have recently seen a spike in binge eating, I am thinking how can I do two important things: 1) control my "treats" 2) have treats. I plan to add in daily treats so I won't feel or be able to tell myself that I'm deprived. Also, this weekend I counted out Cheetos in to a baggie and ate this one serving over the whole day. For me, that meant 16 times in the day that I got to eat Cheetos--instead of a puny one time. It worked for me mentally and also as a controled treat.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #5  
Happiness

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'9"

When I would binge for a day or 2 my weight would go up, but it would go back to normal once I started eating properly again.

Now that I binge almost every single day the weight has definitely stayed. I gained about 12 pounds in 2 weeks. So now I have to lose the 10 lbs I was planning on and the 12 I gained from binging.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4

When I have a binge day once or twice a week.. I usually can lose it back in a couple days if I go back on the wagon the next day after the binge day.. so I guess it doesnt really turn into body fat right away.. or maybe it does but easier to take off
azntenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Yes, I should have mentioned that too! Of course, if you do it often, it will all add up. But if it's the rare falling of the wagon situation, and you get back on to healthy eating right away and are consistent with that, it's not something that you should beat yourself up over. That will only hurt you!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #8  
Just starting out!

S/C/G: 135/115/110

Height: 5'4"

For me...cheat days aren't even worth it. It's funny because I used to enjoy them and now I just feel guilty while I'm eating and can't even enjoy them. Jeesh...what's a girl to do.

About your questions....I've always "felt" that the next day I've gained several pounds but like everyone said, Science proves otherwise because of calories in v. out. I'm sure I just feel like this because of the salt.
minipony is offline   Reply With Quote