Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #16  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I could use this this week. TOM is here and I have been craving to binge since last week. Day #36 and trying not to feel weak!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #17  
liker of giants.

S/C/G: 235/189.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Day 2. xoxo
Mama K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7''

well done!
day 9 is over! I start to think if it is actually good for me to count the days... wouldn't it make me think too much about it? Because I am aware of my tendency to binge, maybe even too aware... sometimes I have the feeling I binge "just because I know" I have this binge problem.. I wonder if it would be possible to "fake forget" what a binge is. Then maybe (when in urge" to binge) I would have a strange feeling I wouldn't be able to manage... but maybe I wouldn't binge. Something similar to the "failure to believe in ED" thread!
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #19  

Hump day and going strong!!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Today is Day 3 for me! I have not put anything into my mouth that was not planned. I did start to feel anxious last night when the kids were up later than usual and my planned pm snack was delayed, but I dealt with it.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #21  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

It snuck up on me today through a small crack in my self-esteem, so tomorrow will be day one.

I gotta admit, this is a crappy way to start the day. -sigh- Not giving up, though! Stay strong you guys!
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketwithapurpose View Post
It snuck up on me today through a small crack in my self-esteem, so tomorrow will be day one.

I gotta admit, this is a crappy way to start the day. -sigh- Not giving up, though! Stay strong you guys!
I just want to say congrats so far on your stats! That is the pay off for not giving up when you have a little slip up. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Unhappy Ugh...my biggest problem

So, I just registered like an hour ago and I would have to say the binge eating is my only problem with weight loss. I do the work(or shall I say workouts) and I also keep up on the latest diet and exercise info. However, for the life of me I can't seem to stop the binge eating on the weekends. As soon as Friday hits, it's as though calories no longer count. The terrible thing is that usaully it is so outta control that I will eat to the point of making my self sick. I just don't understand whyI do this to my self after working so very hard all week.
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

jokan, I would try writing in a journal, Friday night how you are feeling for the week. All of your stresses. I think the weekend eating has to do with your work week. There is a shift, from the week to the weekend that you are particularly sensitive to. What is it that is changed?

AFM: I actually meant to take a day off yesterday from fasting, and went ahead and did the fast 5 anyways. I was tempted because of a very awry appt and stress from a personal issue to come home at 4 pm and binge. I was hungry--for real. And I had every opportunity, but I didn't. I feel more in control than ever. I did have 3 small meals (more like snacks) yesterday. I cut what I ate at 5pm down by 1/4 and I spread the food over my 5 hour window much more evenly. I had a small meal at 5pm, a snack at 8 pm, and a snack at 9:30pm.

So this is a week for me. It feels good to be back on top. I am more convinced then ever that stress and the resulted increase in insulin are causing my binges.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormwoodDoll View Post
I could use this this week. TOM is here and I have been craving to binge since last week. Day #36 and trying not to feel weak!
Me too. 36 days, that's very inspirational! Thank you!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #26  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I just want to say congrats so far on your stats! That is the pay off for not giving up when you have a little slip up. Keep up the good work!
That comment really made me feel good, and I'm doing SO much better today. Thanks!!

(Though, for some odd reason, Day 1's always pwn the other days. Motivation is through the ROOF!)
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #27  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Can't say my eating's been perfectly planned or even particularly healthy this week, but it's been meeting the calorie plan, and I'm finding ways to duck the munchie-monster. I set myself a goal of buying an iPod Touch when I hit 150, and apparently I want this "thing" more than I want to eat. So far, so good!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketwithapurpose View Post
That comment really made me feel good, and I'm doing SO much better today. Thanks!!

(Though, for some odd reason, Day 1's always pwn the other days. Motivation is through the ROOF!)
You're welcome. LOL, yes, motivation is alway the best on the first day....the trick is the days that follow!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #29  

Hanging in there. I've been doing a shake for breakfast & lunch. But I'm starting to replace the shake here and there with a meal. I need to move off the shakes and to "real food", but then I have the tendency to binge. That's why I started with the shakes. Its keeps me from binging.

Anyway, its the weekend. The hardest two days of the week....
Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #30  
liker of giants.

S/C/G: 235/189.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Can't say my eating's been perfectly planned or even particularly healthy this week, but it's been meeting the calorie plan, and I'm finding ways to duck the munchie-monster. I set myself a goal of buying an iPod Touch when I hit 150, and apparently I want this "thing" more than I want to eat. So far, so good!
That is a good motivator!!! I am the same as you. I have been running around this week, so restaurant food. 3 meals a day with only reasonable amounts of fruit in between. No sugar no flour. But some of those meals have been way greasier than If I had cooked for myself. Even if I didn't overeat I feel like I did because the food was heavier than usual.

Blah.

All the same, day 4.
Mama K is offline   Reply With Quote