Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default need a boost

Feeling a bit discouraged. Maybe I'm doing this wrong.
I have been really good. Haven't binged, have been sticking to reasonable portions, and exercising quite regularly, except on my days with too little sleep. I got down to 180, but now am 182. I am in the middle of my cycle, so not water retention as far as I can tell.
I know tho that there can be ups and downs, but I was hoping to keep going down.
I have been getting used to eating better, so I don't feel like I am about to binge, but I need a little kick to keep on.
or I will be forever
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #2  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I totally believe that you can keep going! Be proud of yourself you're doing so well! It has it's up's and down's like you said, but do everything you can to focuse on those ups because they can be pretty exciting.

We're all here for you.

xxx
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #3  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Don't give up. I find that I'm at my heaviest berfore TOM comes. Expect fluctuations in weight and then you won't be disappointed if you go up a few pounds during your cycle.

Last edited by Kim K; 11-13-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #4  
Madeleine

Default thanks

yes, having a couple of harder days, for no particular reason. I rarely cycle now, usually just have a light period every two months. ( have only had 6 periods since last new years!) which is great. So I don't think the weight gain is due to menstrual stuff, but fluctuations must be the norm.
Guess the blues are hitting a bit, it is rainy here, and I just wish it would snow and stay snowy which is nicer than cold and wet.
Got my winter tires on today, so am ready for the white stuff. Much less depressing.
ALso with the short daylight hours, makes it hard to get outside after work.
Bought a wii fit today, my DH is going to give it to me for Christmas, (though I may try it out sooner) to encourage me.
We have a treadmill, but I hate it. Makes me dizzy Generally don't like to exercise inside, but hope the wii will make it more fun.
Mostly I want snow so I can snow shoe and cross-country ski, the only form of exercise I actually enjoy for its own sake.
Will keep on trucking. Now 18 days binge free. A few times I have not eaten well, but have avoided the binges!
fatmad
Old 11-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Shorter daylight hours can be depressing. Just THINK positive!!! yehh baby you're doing this and nothing can stop you, not even a snow flake!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #6  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on avoiding the binges! That's so important!

Last edited by Kim K; 11-14-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5"2

hey fatmad what are you eating exactly? I heard certain foods take longer to digest than others I had a trainer for almost 2 months and lost about 20 pounds and so I wasn't able to eat oatmeal, bacon, bread I could only eat fruits, eggs, vegtables fish very little chicken and salads had to cut back alot on coffee with creamer. I would take a second to look at what exactly you are eating, maybe you have to modify what you are eating and the quality of food you are eating, that is another thing I learned from this trainer the better the quality of food you eat better. stay focused. just want to tell you new to this group. thanks.
pippy90505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

oooh, i want Wii Fit!!!! we have a wii already, and i've heard wonderful things about wii fit. It is a fun way to get in some exercise, which i really need. i bet if you opened that box up and played a few games, it would help aleviate your blues
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #9  
Madeleine

Default what I eat

I have no special way of eating. I am avoiding binges first, since I figured that if I could control that, and special diet would be useless. In the times I tried low carb and somersize, that is what I found. I have been trying to control portions so that I avoid that overstuffed feeling in general, so that I won't think of that as almost normal if I start a binge.
My normal diet is low on bread, I have a sandwich, toast, or wrap only once every two days. I also only eat whole grains. Not much for cereal. For brekkie, either omelette or low fat high fibre cereal with skim milk. (thinking of trying kashi go lean to keep me full longer)
Lunch is often a frozen meal in microwave, I use blue menu foods a lot. These are low fat meals, and often whole grain foods. Seafood marina on whole wheat spaghetti, chicken korma or low fat butter chicken on rice, seafood papillote, etc. These meals typically have about 300 cals.
Supper is harder, since the time is variable, and family doesn't always help. My daughter often doesn't eat lunch at school, so scarfs down food when she gets home. My husband will cook sometimes, but not regularly. Trying to plan meals with everyone's schedule is difficult.
I love veggies so always include them in the meal.
Have been trying to control snacking, but avoiding getting too hungry in the evening to avoid binging. Getting too hungry is a recipe for disaster for me, it really does lead to overeating, eating to fast, and ultimately bingeing. I realize why people say you have to eat to lose weight.
with my hypoglycemia, i get to feeling sick if I get too hungry, and later go wild for the worst foods.
A couple of times a week I have meals out because of work. I am trying to make sure portions are reasonable and that I have healthy foods. Avoiding deep fried, fatty stuff, desserts.
Thats why I am discouraged. This is my normal diet, but less, and not losing consistently is a bummer. I think I will start a food diary, its suggested all over the site, and I can see why it would be good.Make me accountable for every bite. Made me notice the little bits that will make a difference.
ttfn
fatmad