Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #31  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Ok so I did my own research (turns out I didn't have to go too far ).

A. Eating, in a discrete period of time (eg, within any 2-hour period), an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat in a similar period of time under similar circumstances. Nope.

B. A sense of lack of control over eating during the episode (eg, a feeling that one cannot stop eating or control what or how much one is eating). Nope

2. The binge eating episodes are associated with at least three of the following:

A. Eating much more rapidly than normal. Nope
B. Eating until feeling uncomfortably full. Nope
C. Eating large amounts of food when not feeling physically hungry. Nope
D. Eating alone because of being embarrassed by how much one is eating. Nope (although I did eat alone but that is only because I was alone at the time.)
E. Feeling disgusted with oneself, depressed, or feeling very guilty after overeating. Nope
F. Marked distress regarding binge eating. Nope

So I think I am still on track and am counting this as day 4.

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 09-25-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

haha, cher, I had to laugh at your wine sipping and measuring - I used to drink pretty often and i LOVE red wine, but now it's definitely a treat for me. I know how it feels to really savor it! (however, I will admit that i don't measure too closely... just eyeball it in the glass!)

asparagus, sometimes I "overeat" or eat off plan, but I think there's some distinct differences between that and a binge. From what you said I agree with your conclusion not to consider yesterday a binge.

spoz, good job getting back on track by going to the gym. Keep at it! I hope today's better.

wardhog, 18 days - wow! keep rocking it! =)

blue serenity, I hope things are going well.

so I somehow got through yesterday, ONE day without binging. i'm going for day 2. For me I think it really does help to count - i feel like once I've got some "clean" days under my belt I want to keep up the streak.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 114/112/104

Height: 5 foot 1 1/2

Congratulations on a binge -free day Iris :-)

Ok - yesterday was clean for me and I had a good, portion controlled breakfast, and I have packced a nice lunch and snacks for the day at work, so fingers crossed.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 AM   #34  
Sarah

Day 5 - did very good yesterday - no cheats and hit the gym and was under my calories. Give me strength for this evening!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #35  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Ok it's only 11am but I'm having lunch then going out for the afternoon then hitting gym, so I'll do alright today. Just needing that strength for the evening too! You can do it asparagus you've been doing brilliantly

Iris, hows day 2 going?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #36  
Intuitive Eater

Hey everyone, quick check in. I did well yesterday, no binges. Ready for today! (Can't remember if I reported in for Wednesday, no binges then either.)

WTG Asparagus and Iris!

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 09-26-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #37  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work.

Day 19 for me. I know I will overeat (and drink) on my vacation, but I wonder if I can keep from bingeing. Hmmm ... Anyway, trying not to think too far ahead and take one day at a time.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #38  
Sarah

So I need some help. I am going to my ex-MIL's house tonight (long story but we are friends now) and we are going to be drinking some wine. How much is too much (calorie-wise)? I wouldn't even know when to classify it as a binge or not...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

survived day two, although i did have a second helping of dinner, but i don't think i'd call that a binge.

I just overdid it a little bit today - my planned lunch didn't work out that always throws me off. If I stop here and now and just eat a normal dinner I'm going to call it day 3... here's hoping cos I have to go to the grocery store and that can trigger me sometimes.

spoz, good luck this evening! stick with it. =)

asparagus, remember last time you went through that binge checklist kinda thing? i'd say the same goes for the wine. There's a difference in taking in too many calories in a day and in binging.

congrats on all the success yesterday!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM   #40  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
full of grace, cher, luvin - how is it going?
Very good, thanks for asking. As expected, I've not been 100% (had some social commitments that were going to make it tough to stay 100% on-plan and on exercise for the week), but I've been very "good" and absolutely have not binged, which makes me very happy.

I've made some less-than-ideal choices, but made up for them with increased exercise or shifting calories around to still have a good day overall.

Hope everyone else is headed into a fabulous weekend!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone,
I'm fairly new to 3FC. I really need this forum. I do horrible at binging. This week has been good. Except, for today. I went with my mom to pick up her medication and we had to wait so we went to get some drinks. Well, then we got some fries. Then for supper I had seconds. I'm starting right now to go back to no binging.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:04 AM   #42  

Hi Folks- yesterday was binge free for me.
Wishing you all a good day.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #43  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm hanging in there. We're going to the cinema this morning and thats usually where if I'm feeling particularly like screwing my week up, I go crazy. Soooo I figure I'll get one small bar of chocolate or one small cereal bar or something that once it's gone I cant go mad with.

It seems like everybody is on a roll!

Last edited by Spoz; 09-27-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #44  
Intuitive Eater

Just want to say HI and report a good day yesterday, no binges.

Welcome barbarajean2605 and AudreyHephurn!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #45  

Thanks for the warm welcome Blue Serenity :-)

I am so relieved to have found 3FC and you Folks especially - reading your personal stories made me face up to my problem and wish to change.

I am UK based so my posts will appear at odd times in USA.

Serenity - you raised an important point about counting "days". Our ultimate goal is to have a normal attitude to food, not treat it as a reward/sedative/comfort blanket/guilty secret.

I am taking of this as "one day at time " now - Today I can overeat/binge but today I will chose not to.

The best bonus I notice is that less food is more energy/better tasting food.

A binge induces lethargy, self loathing, swollen belly etc.

Planned eating means more separate,portion controlled meals, nicer ,fresher foods instead of whole packets of biscuits with the first tasting exactly the same as the first.

Best Wishes to you all.
Closed Thread