Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

Default Problems and eating

Due to an amazing amount of stress in the last week I have fallen back on overeating. I wake up every morning planning to be better but it just Is not happening, I cant get myself out of it this time. Has anyone ealse experianced this how do you get your self back into the healthy living mindset no matter the stress or problems going on ?
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

You have to face the stress. Write down your thoughts. What is really bothering you. Decide what you can do about it. Take action with what you can do to improve the situation and let things you can't control go. Make a concious decision to let it go.
I definitely eat to stuff down feelings I am not able to deal with. It is not until I face them and get to the route of my feelings taht i can stop bingeing.

You can do this. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Celebrate every little thing you do that is a healthy choice. If you put off a binge for a few hours then congratulate yourself, if you take the stairs instead of the elevator then good for you. Don't be too hard on yourself. nobody is perfect.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

That is so true, find what triggers your binges make plans to avoid them if possible if not find another way to deal with it one min/hour at a time. I also plan my meals and snacks the night before, I write them down, I do any cooking the night before so it is all ready for me etc..it seems to help
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Yea, you just have to plow through the bad times and REALLY congratulate yourself during the good times. I've had a horrible couple of weeks and I've been "off the wagon" more than I've been on -- I've found that the moments when I do something "right" really propel me, so I have to really celebrate those moments so when I'm tempted, or even when I give in, I can remember how great I felt when I did that right thing.

And don't dwell on the slip-ups. Seriously. You cannot change what you did, and dwelling on each mistake will only make you feel worse, and that always sends me into the binge cycle.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I wake up every morning planning to be better but it just Is not happening, I cant get myself out of it this time
This is the problem.

This is going to sound very blunt and harsh, but it's not meant that way:

It isn't "just not happening". You're not making it happen. Nothing in our lives "just happens". We have control over what we do and what we don't do and we choose to make things happen or not.

And "I can't" are words that need to leave your vocabulary in order to make this work.

You CAN choose to eat healthily
You CAN choose to make a plan and stick with it
You CAN figure out what it is that's making you not follow through
You CAN do this!!!!

Keep reminding yourself of those things. You CAN do anything you put your mind to. Now choose to do so!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I agree with photo, planning isnt enough, because its just that, planning. Take action... ask yourself do you really want to eat those things? Truth is, if you do, then you'll eat them
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #7  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

(((HUGS)))

Take control back of your life.

Drink a ton of water.

Chew super minty gum all the time.

Play WoW...you do know its Brewfest time again, right?
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote