Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Default Introduction

Hello Everybody!! (this is not the same post i posted on the atkins section..i added more/removed some here)

I'm 20 years old,married, mom of a 2 year old. I'm starting Atkins tomorrow with phase 1. I'd like to loose 100lbs and I think Atkins is the best way for me as I have SERIOUS carb addiction. I can't stop when it comes to bread, pasta, sweets, etc so that's one of the motivating factors for me to do Atkins.

I had a daughter in April 2006 which my highest weight of 294. After birth, I weighed about 275. I then got down to 240lbs before I started gaining. Most of the weight loss was from breastfeeding and me trying so hard to cut back sugars and eat healthy. Unfortunately around the same time breastfeeding slowed, I started to have emotional binges (which I really didn't do a lot before)and lots of daily intake of chocolates. Everything was very emotionally charged and related to depression. I went sky rocketing back up to 280 and then down to 260 again before getting injured, pregnant, and miscarrying and becoming more depressed. As you can see the past few years have been up and down and up in terms of weight.

I'm very much an emotional eater and so I'm looking for ways to combat the food addiction. One thing I'm doing that helps is journaling. I'm also thinking about joining Over eaters Anonymous. I attended only one meeting once and thought it was strange and strict but now maybe I'm in a place where I can commit to it. The other thing I'm looking at is self-help which has assisted me in the past. If anyone knows any good books that help, pleaseletme know. I like to read books if only for motivation and reminding...even if" i know it all already" kwim?

I'm really in need of yalls support... I do not want to be overweight anymore. I don't want to have these weird behaviors were I'm just dying to go to the vending machine and buy 2-4 candy bars or where I feel the urge to eat non stop till I'm sick. I want to be able to say no to food and not wish/regret/feel sorry for myself because I can't eat!!

This weight is really holding me back now more then ever before. I'm really scared to loose the weight only to gain it back too... trying to stay positive here. I just don't want to have a few months of success only to be back binge eating like crazy and ruin all my hard work!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote