Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/207/150

Height: 5'8.5"

Cool Tired of the mood swings depending on weight

Hi all - this is my first new thread. I love this site so far. I am tired of my self-esteem depending on what I ate last or how much I weigh. I am doing my best to change that BUT it is work and it takes daily practice!! How do you all handle it- what do you do to get through the depression that hits when the weight goes up or doesn't go down?

I hope to use this website to help support me. Perhaps if I share that would help. I have no close friends who are fat and are willing/comfortable to talk about their weight issues. I am hoping by sharing I won't feel so ashamed at being fat.
Learning2LuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up Congratulations ...

Dear Learning:

How wonderful it is that you have lost 38 lbs!!! Now, from my perspective, you have lots to be proud of already. You are over 5'8" tall and you are down to 207, which BTW is my goal weight. LOL. I can't wait to be where you are ...

You must be lookin' pretty svelt right now. I know how you feel; been there, done that. In the past, if I weighed myself too often, I would get so discouraged, so now my doc suggested that I not weigh myself so often, and that I let him do it. I don't even own a set of scales; so, now I can't obsess about it anymore.

I realize this may not be the answer for everyone, but it's workin' for me. Depending on what your goal is (lbs per week/month), maybe weigh yourself every 3 or 4 weeks instead; and you may be sure to see a difference. Some chicks suggest tweaking your plan a little; and increase your exercise just a wee bit, until you see some movement.

As you get closer to your goal, this may be necessary (and you are well on your way). You mentioned self-esteem ... many of us chicks have these kind of issues. I wrote a list of all my best qualities; then I put them on the first page of my journal so that I could read it on a regular basis. This is a constant reminder to myself what a wonderful person I am.

I find that helps me to focus on the positives in my life and all the blessings I already have ... this is about victory over a mindset. I find that "distraction" is as good a cure as any. I read, sing, listen to music, go for a walk; just do anything that I luv to do, other than mull ... LOL!!! Hope something here is helpful to ya. A fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey Learning.......
I am going to give you the same advice that I have been given and that I give to myself.........

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE.

If it is affecting your self esteem to that degree then you don't need it. Instead, focus on eating right, exercising, how good you are feeling (without the opinion of the scale), and how your clothes are fitting better.

Maybe at first, just try to cut in half the amount of times you get on that scale and continue to reduce it until you are at a point where it is not dictating your mood.

I have the same problem and I give myself that exact same advice. I am not always able to follow it to a tee, but I sure try.

Good Luck!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/207/150

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL!!! I love your advice. I even got in the pool today to exercise some more. I HATE it and haven't done much of it in over a year consistently (since before I had cancer). BUT sigh!! I appreciate the reminder to look at the bright side instead of getting frustrated that I put on 20lbs I had lost at the beginning of last year (I was at 184). I am a 1x (18/20) right now. And I used to wear a 24/26 . Now I will love my impatience abit so I can calm down. THANX.
Learning2LuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote