Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  

Default Using self convincing in the critical moments

Hi

During the last couple of days I used a trick I once learned in some support group I went to, and oddly it helped a little:

I was very close to start an unstoppable binge because I was thinking to myself that I'll have to watch my diet for the rest of my life and I could never enjoy without limits, so it really depressed me. and then I just thought: OK Maria, tomorrow you'll break the diet and eat everything in the kitchen. tomorrow the diet will end. But just hold this day. And for some reason I believed my own lie and felt like I will stop tomorrow.

So weird. It sounds like something alcoholics do. "Only think about today"
But somehow it helped.

I wonder for how long I will be able to fool myself.. :

If you tried it or found some way to make it last... tell me ...

Bye

Last edited by mari37; 02-06-2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: mistype
mari37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Hey -
I've used similar tactics when it comes to "tricking" myself out of a binge. I tell myself if I really want to binge, then I can, but only TOMORROW. Usually come tomorrow I don't want it, and I'm more rational and can realize it was something other than actual hunger that was compelling me to binge. I think making a physical list of the reasons I DONT want to binge, tricks me out of it as well. There are some pretty heavy ones on there, like.."I don't want to binge because I don't want to start at day one again", and there are some purely vain ones, "I dont want to binge because I will look bloated and overstuffed". All of them seem to help though. I have lots and lots of tactics for avoiding binges, because I still have to convince myself I don't want to binge, on a daily basis. It does get easier, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll let you in on the other tactics I use, and that have helped me avoid binges in the past.
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote