Old 11-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #31  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Tenn: LOL Must be awesome to be able to crawl back into bed!

Robin: I know what you mean about the prices! I spent most of last evening researching prices for the things that were on 'sale' at walmart. The doorbuster sales were all pretty good though That's too funny that the disney store did that. I bet they sold tons by advertising it as a 'big sale'

I got up super early too (4:30) but didn't actually GET to walmart until 9:00 because I waited for my 3 year old to go back to sleep before calling my mom to come babysit I wanted to get the tv/dvd combo for her for Christmas and I BARELY got there in time because there were only three left!! I also picked up a lot of the fleece pants/shorts/shirt sleep sets for $10 and of course I had to 'test' a pair out right when I got home. Wish I would've got more, they are super yummy soft!!

It was very eery because walmart was not packed at ALL. Guess I missed the Christmas rush!

oh, and eating..ummm I ate the meat out of an arby's roast beef sandwich then had a taco salad when I got home Hopefully I can get some walkin' in Hope y'all have a super day!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Tenn - I can't wait to fit again. I shower like 99.9% of the time, but every now & then I like to sit in a hot HOT bath with a book. Unfortunately, when 1/2 of you is above water in the cool air, it's just not the same . I have the same problem in my house too. I could spend hours cleaning it every day, but the kids destroy it in 20 seconds so now I wait to do my good clean the weekends their with their father!

Robin - Glad you are feeling better!

Sonny - sounds like you've got quite a guy there!

I hate shopping on a normal day, my hats off to those of you who are brave enough to go knowing it may be a teeny tiny bit crowded. Lacey - sounds like you really lucked out. All those early shoppers were back home & in bed by the time you got there .

Well, my 4 year old has decided I've been on his computer long enough and he keeps shoving me off my chair, so I'm off. Hope everyone has a great night!!
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #33  
on my way down again

Hi bnbsmommy, Just going by what I have read in the Atkins book, when I have had this problem, it said to decrease your carbs down from your 20 to 15, then see how that goes for a while, and then increase or decrease a couple carbs at a time from there.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #34  
TemporaryFatChick

Fleece pants sets for $10.00? In our size? I may have to go look (like I need more clothes!)

It's a beautiful, clear, cold morning here in E. Tennessee. It was 22* last night brrrrrrrrrrr, so glad I didn't have to get up and go to work this morning. I LOVE my new electric blanket! I didn't sleep with it on all night, but turned it on to warm up the bed before I got in it - ahhhhh.

Ya know, I had all these plans for the weekend, rake leaves, get the house fluffed and put up some holiday decorations, clean the gutters at the front of the house and get my outside lights up, etc. I did none of it. I did get some laundry done so I have clothes for next week and got the kitchen and bathroom clean, but that's it. I'm such a slug, all I wanna do is sit on the couch under an afgan crochet slippers and watch mindless daytime TV!

I'm going to a friends house today for another "Thanksgiving". It's an annual tradition for us, we go wherever we need to for the actual holiday, then get together on the weekend, relax and make dinner together. That way, we have leftovers She's been supportive of my being on Atkins, and we talked menus last week, so it should be really nice. She's making a surprise yellow squash dish - mmmm - I'll post the recipe if it's good.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:28 AM   #35  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

We got about a foot of snow over night. Its really pretty out there right now. So a bit of shovelling will be in order this afternoon.

Tenn~ have fun with your friends....is your slipper pattern easy? I need an easy crochet or knit slipper pattern.

Ive been feeling like you Tenn, I need to get the house in better order too. I always find switching from summer to winter a big job. Maybe it has to do with lugging the 40lb bags of pellets closer to the stove. Moving all the fans to the basement......generally declutter so I can reclutter with winter boots and mitts

Dh and I ventured out to the big mall yesterday....I couldnt believe the parking lot We picked up the last gift I needed...and I think Im done christmas shopping Other than a few odds and sods thats it. Im so happy to be done before december!! I used to be done before september....but life gets in the way now

Not alot planned for today....have a great op day ladies
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #36  
TemporaryFatChick

It's a super easy crochet pattern Robin, just 32 rows, and once you make the first one you'll be able to whip 'em out in no time. I like this particular pattern because it's easy, and because it has ribbing at the top to keep your ankles warm. I have the pattern in MS-Word format, but I don't see a way to add an attachment through the fourm. I'll happy to e-mail it to you if want to PM me an e-mail addy to send it to, same goes for any of you guys that might be interested

The pattern takes 3.5 oz worsted weight yarn, an H hook, and a sewing needle to stitch up the back.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #37  
Lovin' Life

That sounds wonderful Tenn ...Thanks!!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 AM   #38  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Its quiet around the house this morning. Eating has been good. Im nervous about getting on the scale tomorrow. Ive been doing good, but I just worried it didnt go down.

Not alot planned around here for today, I'll get my walk in, and we will go for our sunday paper and coffee.

Have a nice sunday ladies
Old 11-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #39  
Baby Steps

As I figured....the wedding and my plan to stay OP didn't work out. So TODAY is a brand new day (a wet one, but a brand new one!). I'm getting back OP!!! My fingers feel like fat sausages so I DEFINITELY need to drop the water weight!! They're also achy and sore/stiff. DEFINITELY an incentive to watch what I'm doing. ONWARD!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:28 AM   #40  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

well, since all my whining around didn't take the weight off, I re-read the atkins book again and took my measurements.
Since November 2nd (when I started walking 3 miles daily) I have lost 3 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips. So I guess the scales right now don't matter much because I'm losing SOMETHING, right?

I've been thinking about doing the atkins fat fast for 5 days but am still debating it in my mind.

Have a ton of things to do today, put the tree up yesterday and the girls and I are decorating it today. My 3 year old is LOVING it all this year, it's so sweet to watch her talk about all of it

Have a good day girls!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #41  

Good morning - hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I woke up to snow this morning & "pretty" wasn't the word I used to describe it . Once winters set in here they are too bloody long & cold. I'm so not a winter person at all! Brrrrrrrrrr

LOL Robin - that's exactly how I feel about clutter. Move one thing just to replace it with another.

Good luck today Brenda & don't beat yourself up after falling off plan. Weddings & special occasions don't come along everyday & my feeling is just to enjoy them, but that's me. Unless of course you're from a REALLY big family with weekly weddings & such . As an only child, I rarely...no, make that NEVER have that problem .

Well, guess I'm off to do some shovelling...hate snow, I hate snow...I hate, hate, hate snow. Did I mention I'm not a winter person & I hate snow? .
Old 11-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbsmommy1
Since November 2nd (when I started walking 3 miles daily) I have lost 3 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips. So I guess the scales right now don't matter much because I'm losing SOMETHING, right?

I've been thinking about doing the atkins fat fast for 5 days but am still debating it in my mind.
Lacey - WTG -that's AWESOME!!!! . I think you're doing great & needn't bother with the fat flush, especially now that you know you are making progress - but of course that's JMO. Kudos to you if you go ahead with it tho. It's been a while since I read Dr. A's book (just pulled it out again the other day to re-read), but I recall reading about that flush & thinking induction is a piece of cake compared to that .

Putting off setting up our tree (it's that whole clutter thing & I have a tiny living room), but it is great to watch the kids get so excited about it - they make it more magical for me. Otherwise, I find it burdensome, especially when putting on the lights . I'm so buying a pre-lit tree next year .
Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #43  
on my way down again

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee
awwww Sonny, he sounds like such a sweetie! don't suppose you have another one like him laying around waiting for the perfect woman do ya? LOL
Hi, I hope everyone is having a great day.

Sure, I keep a few like him in the closet; I'll send you one. LOL

Stacie, For sure, he is quite guy.

I haven't done much around the house these past few days, and so far this morning, I've just been puttering, but feel more peppy since being on Induction again. I've been working in my cluttered office and even found my lost shoe lace to my walking shoes, so that is one less excuse I have not to jump on the tread mill. I've had a huge weight loss after two days on Induction. I know it's considered only water, but still that's 11 pounds off of me, and I can feel it and see it in my face.

I've never been into shopping for myself unless it's things I really need, or an occasional DVD that I know I'll watch a dozen times. LOL A shopping spree to me is going to the store to stock up on food and to Walmart for everyday things like papaer towels, shampoo and laundry soap. LOL However last week, I went to Michael's craft store and sort of went nuts. I spent whopping $65.00 on Christmas bows for our fence wreaths (hope the neighbor enjoys! lol), 6 skeins of real nice yarns and a knifty Knitter--It's four different sized circles with pegs and knits a circle. It reminds me of what we made when we were kids out of a thread spool and small nails. We called them "cat tail makers'' Although I can knit, it's only one stitch and square or rectangle. LOL So when I get hungry or stressed and want to head for food, I'll try to pick up this knifty knitter instead. If it works, everyone will be getting hats and scarves for Christmas.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #44  
on my way down again

Sorry, I have no smilie capabilities here, even after doing what admin said to do to get them back. I'll keep trying though and use the one I know how to type, which is. LOL

Stacie, I've never lived where I've had to shovel snow, but already know I'm with you would would hate it.

Robin, I get so turned off when stores think they are fooling shoppers and raise the price for a sale.

Brenda, Good luck getting back OP. I know you can do it!

Lacey, That's fantastic you've lost the inches. You've reminded me to measure today.

I'll check in again later...
Old 11-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #45  

I had to do the control/F5 thing as mine had stopped working as well, but even tho mine will work now, it takes forever for the smilie window to open.

I think it's funny the way stores think we are not smart enough to figure out their little tricks. Our grocery stores have 15% off the 1st Tuesday of every month and I avoid that day for the very reason that everything seems to go up in price that day?!! For ex. hot oatmeal (for the kids I swear LOL) just about every day of the month is $2.50. 15% Tuesdays is $3.49 or $2.97 with the discount. What kind of flippin' savings is that??? Thanks, but I'll stick to buying it on regular days when it's $2.50 .

I really need to measure myself too. I really need to get outside & shovel - it's only been about 4 hours since I said I was going to do it . Funny how cleaning the toilet didn't seem as bad when the alternative was shovelling .