Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #1  

Default Cad

Hi everyone. Been a long time since I was here. I was strict Atkins for two years and lost 40 #'s and maintained (or stuck) in that time. Needed to lose another 30 or so. Well I took the last 4 months completely off diet. Now 9 pounds away from where I started! 2 years to take some off and 4 monthe to add all back??? Pain issues and a Birthday I do not want to recognise and probably the two main reasons, with a bit of lazieness thrown in. Anyhow...after the dreaded B-Day Sept 13 I am going on all meat as long as I can handle it. After that was thinking about Carbohydrate Addicts diet. Does anyone have some comments plus or negative about this version of Low Carb. I have read the book, but cannot fine any support site on it. All google gave me was paid ads and books to buy.

Thanks
Metami
Metami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #2  

I can't tell you too much about the Carbohydrates Addict Diet, but you may want to try modifying the Atkins Diet to include lower fat. My brother-in-law lost over 100 pounds on a modified Atkins diet. He ate more grilled meat than anything else and of course your typical low-carb vegetables. This was before all the products came out on the market, so he did not use any of them. He has kept all of the weight (although he has gained about 20 pounds back) for the last five years and he does not follow the diet anymore. One thing that he does is he weighs himself every so many weeks, if he sees that he is gaining some weight, he modifies his diet for a few weeks until the weight comes back off.
jld528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #3  

Thank Jenn, Might try something like that. I do realize this is going to have to be a lifetime thing for me with no time off. What a mess.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:23 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Metami: You know what you want to do...but I'd recommend some veggies thrown in w/the meat. You need the vitamins (and not just from supplements) and other nutrients that veggies provide. But again, it's your plan. Good luck and let us know how you do oops....forgot to mention I'm not familiar w/the plan so I can't help (sorry!!!!)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Metami, Welcome Back

CAD, oh yes, been there, done that.

If your like me and you have no control once you start eating, don't do CAD.
CAD is two extremely low cal / carb / fat meals a day and then one reward meal which must be eatin in under 1 hour (my reward meal was dinner and I was starving by then). Do you know how much garbage I can stuff in my mouth in one hour?? well thats exactly what I did. I lost 5 lbs the first week and then gained the weeks after. I remember buying stuff in the store that i wouldn't normally buy just because I "could" have it for my reward meal. CAD is not a good way to go for some one like me. My intentions were good, I was going to eat healthy at the reward meal but that flew out the window. To me, it didn't teach me the proper way to eat.

I feel that if you do a low carb version of weight watchers, atkins or south beach, you'll be 10000x better off. But thats just MHO

Hope this helps.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #6  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metami
Hi everyone. Been a long time since I was here. I was strict Atkins for two years and lost 40 #'s and maintained (or stuck) in that time. Needed to lose another 30 or so. Well I took the last 4 months completely off diet. Now 9 pounds away from where I started! 2 years to take some off and 4 monthe to add all back??? Pain issues and a Birthday I do not want to recognise and probably the two main reasons, with a bit of lazieness thrown in. Anyhow...after the dreaded B-Day Sept 13 I am going on all meat as long as I can handle it. After that was thinking about Carbohydrate Addicts diet. Does anyone have some comments plus or negative about this version of Low Carb. I have read the book, but cannot fine any support site on it. All google gave me was paid ads and books to buy.
It's really easy to gain back. I put on 12 pounds in the last 12 days, and wasn't even totally off plan in that time. The first thing you lose is water, and it's also the first thing you gain back. So I'm hoping most or all of the 12 I gained is water and will come off in the next week or so. So a lot of what you gained is water; it's not ALL real weight.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #7  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
If your like me and you have no control once you start eating, don't do CAD.

CAD is two extremely low cal / carb / fat meals a day and then one reward meal which must be eatin in under 1 hour (my reward meal was dinner and I was starving by then). Do you know how much garbage I can stuff in my mouth in one hour?? well thats exactly what I did. I lost 5 lbs the first week and then gained the weeks after. I remember buying stuff in the store that i wouldn't normally buy just because I "could" have it for my reward meal. CAD is not a good way to go for some one like me. My intentions were good, I was going to eat healthy at the reward meal but that flew out the window. To me, it didn't teach me the proper way to eat.
Oh....yeah, that wouldn't work for me either. I could eat a lot of junk in an hour.

Saturdays right now are my cheat days (because it's impossible to count calories that day due to eating a meal at church), but it always seems to go overboard. I just can't control myself.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. Was worried about CAD in that I could eat anything for an hour. And I do not have self control! Might just have to forego that one.

The meat only thing will be for just as long as I can handle it. Probably not more that a week. Just to shock the body. then back to maybe Atkins induction forever. I found i was eating too many "legal" treats.

I do know I am starting to feel pretty miserable eating the way I am now, but I do not seem to be able to moderate! I am all out junk, or all out good. No middle ground. SAD
Old 09-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Metami, I know exactly what you mean, but if you don't try you don't know. Have you tried South Beach? that might work for you if you feel atkins is to restrictive.

By looking at your stats, what ever you are doing now, seems to be working.....VERY GOOD !!!!!.......stick with it

Good Luck !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #10  

Sorry, stats are way old! I am back to 220 right now. I think I am going to start a way strict Atkins regime on Wed with a CAD reward dinner on Thursdays only (we eat out on Thursdays) No bad food in the house allowed. Maybe this will work. Going to try to stay in touch with you all, to boost my resolve. Off on the last camping trip this weekend with birthday celebrations.....YUK (45 this year). Be back after that. Thanks for all your insight!