Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 5/24

I HAVE to decrease my carb intake. Nuts and cheese has to be eliminated except for once in a while. And MORE WATER!!!! That should get the scale moving!! Now to put that into practice
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup - sneaky little buggers those nuts and cheese! I'm with you on the water, Brenda. I need to really increase mine but find it hard in the cool weather. Maybe warm water with a bit of lemon?

Phase I of South Beach is carb-limited and we are not supposed to count but I do find it works better for me with a lower carb level.

It's cold and miserable but at elast it's not raining for a change! I want - and need - Spring!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Ruth: I have never looked into South Beach. Heard it wasn't as limiting as Atkins...but didn't know you didn't count carbs. Too bad there wasn't LC hot cocoa!!

Our weather is warming up so maybe I'll manage to get back to the water again. If I don't drink soda I find I can drink more water. So I'm going to make myself drink only 1 soda a day (for a while now it's been 2-4 cans) and then the rest water. Maybe LC iced tea (I'm not a warm tea/water drinker).
Old 05-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Oh...where IS everyone by the way????? We usually have more people than us by now!! Bet they have warm weather and are enjoying it!!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Brenda, no need to count on South Beach but you can eat only good carbs and good fats - no bacon, butter or full fat cheese but you can have legumes during phase I and whole grains after that.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Legumes are like kidney beans, right? not sure if the cheese I eat is full fat or not. probably.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Yup - and lentils and chick peas and pinto beans, etc. They are definitely carbs but are pretty darn filling and have good fiber. Check out the FAQ Section in South Beach for the Revised Food Lists.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #8  

Brenda - When I started on LC years ago (how many has it been? 5?) I switched from sodas/lemonade to unsweetened ice tea and water and while the food part might have waned a bit (or a LOT) I have never gone back to the sweet drinks. I love my unsweetened ice tea! I make sun tea in the summer but I buy that Lipton's unsweetened ice tea (no lemon) in the bottle also - This is a habit that is for life for me! Every once in a great while I will buy a diet soda at the movies (some places don't have unsweetened ice tea) and I just take a couple sips - yuck! At least I started one good habit - now if I could just give up the sugary snacks.......

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

I just bought some of that tea in packets that you pour into the bottled water. It tastes pretty darn good and I can ALWAYS get water at stores. So I'll have to slowly ween the soda out of my system. I'll do it next week when nothing pressing is going on and I can deal with the caffeine withdrawal headache. lol. So hopefully this tea counts as my water intake.