Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default Friday Chat!

Starting the thread up this morning.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Jane: lol. We started a thread at the same time. Instead of just opening my thread I posted a whole slew of stuff. So I'll have Leenie Delete my thread. How's it going?

Well, it's Friday. Which means to many the day before opening day of gun hunting. So once again I have to worry cuz my oldest is going out hunting w/a REAL gun!!! She's sitting in a stand w/DH, but that's still beside the point. She'll have a LOADED gun!!! She's SOO excited cuz she wants to shoot a deer SOOO bad!! If it's a buck we HAVE to have it mounted Anyway, I have to go and get groceries after work, then pick up the venison from DH's LAST deer (Plus his antlers. yeah.) and find room in the freezer for it. I eat venison at least twice a week but I can't keep up with it all TOM has arrived and so far I'm only tired. But I'm sure the cramps will come. Hopefully not too bad tomorrow cuz I have CPR training to recertify.
Hope you all have an OP day and an OP weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Aunt Flo is here, she decided to visit me early this morning, but it wasn't unexpected, thats why I'm dragging.

Whats everyone up to this weekend ? any good plans ?

Nothing here
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #4  

Well, I think I may be a bit depressed ......I don't know exactly what is wrong with me but I keep cyring. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. I am worried about finances at home and work is stressful. DH has fallen into a rut......he is such a creature of habit and I am not (sort of). He thinks as long as he is happy then everyone should be. He is so stressed about his company too. I try so hard not to have a melt down around him because I don't want to make him feel bad....but at the same time I have lost my support person. I could always cry in his arms and he would tell me everything was going to be fine....I would of course feel better after that. Now I don't feel I can do that. I don't want to be selfish. I feel like he will think I am thinking only of me. So that in itself is frustrating me. I have no one I can wine to! I think I will write him a letter to let him know how I feel and that I am trying not to add any pressure on him at the same time. I don't know...........I just want to get out of this funk....I have been here before and if I don't get a handle on it I will have a total melt down and those are not fun.

Didn't lose a single pound this week either......not for lack of trying. I think the stress and depressed mood is not helping. I am also going to have to do something about the IBS. I may need to start doing whole grains etc to get it under control. Not sure what that will do to the diet.........*sigh*

Well, on a better note! IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!! I finished up some xmas gifts last night so I am looking to be in better shape as far as that is concerned. That is a relief anyway.

Work is so busy I can't stand it.........
Old 11-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  

Hi Brenda: I would be a wreck if I had a child with a loaded gun You are a stronger woman than me. It cracks me up when you talk about hunting though.....like I would talk about going to the mall Totally different parts of the country I guess

Leenie: Hope you feel better later.....have some tea. We have a 60th birthday party to go to this weekend otherwise just relaxing I hope.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Flo must REALLY like to make it's appearances in the mornings eh? We're around the same cycle Misery loves company

Jane: Sorry to hear you're depressed. Maybe you should try some herbs? I had done that and they work wonders!! You have every reason to be upset and blue. And I hear you when you say you don't want to put added stress on DH...but maybe he needs to talk about it also? Maybe if you two talk together it'll help BOTH of you cope and bring you even closer together. Writing a letter is a good place to start HUGE hug and hope everything starts going better for you. Don't worry about the weight loss right now, stress and weight loss usually don't mix. But you can do it!! And if you need to add grains then add them I'm sure you'll figure out the best way to do it. *HUGS*
Old 11-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Jane, my DD likes the mall also. But she's enjoying her first season able to "provide" (my DH's favorite saying for WHY he has to hunt and fish ) for the family. I'm sure this'll be her last year hunting though. Not sure she's got the killer instincts, so she might kill a deer this year, but it'll not be pleasant for her (maybe). I could be wrong. Not everyone hunts around here. It's not something I grew up with, my dad didn't hunt or fish. But I married a sportsman so I've learned quite a bit. Like how to hold my breath while browning the venison so I don't have to smell the fresh meat (I don't like ANY fresh meat smell. Chicken, beef, venison, etc.)
Old 11-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #8  

BLECK!
Old 11-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies.

Jane talk to him about it, he may actually be wondering why you haven't come to him yet.

B- Good luck at CPR training!!! OMG teenagers with guns you guys are brave!

Leenie- YUck I just hate TOM!!

Well I am feeling a little better today, dang that migraine yesterday kicked my butt!!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #10  

Theo'sgirl: Thanks TG....I did talk to him a little about it this morning over IM. I told him I didn't want to add to his stress. He said I'm not. I may still jot down my feeling in a letter and have him read it this weekend.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:34 PM   #11  
Somethin's gotta give

Jane-I know this sounds stupid, but if theres one thing DH has taught me is "it WILL all work out" maybe in a different way than you thought, but it will-let me know if I can do anything- I remember when my daughter was really sick i would get bills from UCLA for like $62,000, $54,000 one time for $97,000- and they would send me an envelope so I could "remit payment"
I used to just crumple and fall asleep ( defense mechanism) after awhile I would just laugh and throw them in the trash....this too shall pass.

Brenda- Im ignorant, but how does this deer hunting thing work...do you have to pay for the deer after you shoot it? or do you pay to hunt somewhere and whatever you get is yours? or is it just luck of the draw and if you happen to be out and see a deer and shoot it its just free meat? Not trying to be smart alecky, I've just never been involved in it- cuz im thinking, If I could go out and shoot me a cow- free steaks!

Leenie- Hmmmmm, thats an awful lot of smiley faces for nothing happening

tg- I've had one migraine in my life about 2 months ago and it was AWFUL! I feel for you!

Nothing on tap for me this weekend...Im gonna sleep in ( yippee) and clean out my car me thinks
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:00 PM   #12  

Oh Marie: The funny thing is is that I too believe in "It will all work out"....it doesn't sound like it today I know.....but I am. I guess I am just in a funk.

And to top it off I just called my gastro doc and he said it doesn't sound like IBS to him so he wants to see me. I felt like telling him "I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS A MONTH AGO AND YOU SAID IT WASN'T A PROBLEM THEN!!!!!" GGrrrr
Doctors....they drive me nuts! Now I have to go in the week after Thanksgiving and God know WHAT he is going to do to me

Feeling a little more chipper this afternoon....my mom invited me to lunch with her and my SIL to a restaurant across the street from my office....ate WAY too much. Feel ill actually...chipper but ill.......oooooooooohhhhhhhhh *burp*
Old 11-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

TG: Glad you're feeling better!!!

Marie: Enjoy your sleep. Wish I could!! Ok. This is how it works. IF you own land you buy a license ($20 each. well, even if you DON'T own land you HAVE to buy a license to shoot a deer.), then you find out what time gun hunting season opens. You go out (hopefully before the deer are moving), sit in your stand and wait for THAT time. Then when THAT time arrives, IF you're lucky you shoot a deer. It's earn-a-buck this year, which means you have to shoot a doe first, then you can shoot a buck (again, IF you're lucky to see one). Your $20 gets you a chance at 2 deer per license. If you're not lucky enough to own land (like us), you have to find either public land (where DNR own and anyone can hunt it) or you can lease land. Dh has 20 acres him and DD will be hunting on. It's private land, but the owners allow some dillweed to also hunt on it. He's not allowed to hunt anywhere else (even on his own land). So hopefully next year we can find land to lease and then NOBODY will be able to hunt it except DH and DD. THAT is our wish anyway. Feel free to ask any questions

Jane: Sorry to hear that you still have to go to the doc for testing. Why can't doctors ever LISTEN when we tell them stuff? Whatever happened to that? Hope you've digested some of your food and you're feeling better. Glad you and DH talked. Maybe it was adding to his stress that you DIDN'T talk/lean on him?? Or maybe it made him feel better that you did? You know, that macho-heman stuff?

DH wants to eat out Why can't he listen? I went to the store and now have everything (I think) we need for thanksgiving dinner..but nothing for the rest of the week Ok, got some stuff for the rest of the week. Found my LC (1 G) french dressing so bought 4 bottles. That should last me a month Wish they'd get it around here so I wouldn't have to resort to the 6 gram one!!! *sigh* it's off to the store again.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #14  

Brenda: I think I may have a low carb French Dressing recipe in my low carb cookbook....I will try and remember to look this weekend for you.

ooooohhhhh *burp* I am still bloated *burp*
Old 11-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #15  
Baby Steps

Oh!!! I'd love to have the LC recipe. I've never made my own dressing before. And I love French dressing. I can tolerate Thousand Island but it makes my belly upset. So I stick with what I like

Have you tried tums??