Old 08-21-2004, 06:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekend Chat - August 21st and 22nd

Good Morning !

I'm just sitting here drinking my coffee.

Well I got the sausage in the oven and some in the crock pot w/spaghetti sauce (for sausage & peppers), then its off to the Mall w/ DD and her cousins, then its home to clean for dd's party tomorrow.

Dog is about ready to to dig a hole here in my living room. She is so scared when we get thunder storms and boy, we got em. Its raining really hard. DH went to his shop to make sure he didn't flood or if he did or is going to, he will try to pick up his stuff...OY!!! Rainy season usually isn't until September but I tell yah, we've gotten hammered alot this august.

Whats going on w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #2  

Good Morning Leenie
Thunderstorms and dogs, mine are the biggest chickens as well. lol One is a big black lab and he runs like a chicken into my bed when it storms. The other a australian shepard he is just as afraid but he sleeps in our bed anyhow. But howls! OMG Makes me nuts lol. I dont like middle of the night storms during the week when i have to work

I was going to ask ya'll if after your tom you stall for longer then a week? I am doing a re-induction as well. I dont know what to do here. I started tom weighing 272 then went up to 275 and now i am back down to 272.. Should i just expect that to be my loss? I did the under 10carbs thing while i was on it..
Everyone have a good day. I am off to a wedding today. CAKE!! GRRR lol but i know i can avoid it. It actually doesnt sound as good as it did a few months ago when i started this journey.
jdreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie: Have fun at the mall!

jdreams: usually after TOM I only lose the weight I've gained while ON TOM. It sucks! Good luck staying away from the cake!!

Well, I'm back from Minnesota. Many pounds heavier and tired (and dopey) as well. First there was the early morning rising on Thursday. Then the late night Thursday night (we won't mention the tearful phone call to my DD's---they tried getting me to feel guilty for not being there and I was sad cuz THEY were upset and I couldn't do anything....which led to 2 apple martinis. WOW are those yummy---and potent ) and then the early morning and the rush home yesterday. Nope, my eating went to **** in a handbasket and doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I'm making monday a new day to start. I Can't seem to jump back in on the weekends for some reason. Then next week I'm going to see if I can ignore the birthday cake. Not guaranteeing it, but I'm going to give it a shot. So hopefully in a couple weeks the weight I've put on (nope, haven't stepped on the scale. I'm afraid to!!) drops off. While at the mall I almost bought myself a tiara and a tshirt that said "mall princess" But changed my mind on both. Bought myself a new swimsuit--got a GREAT deal on it. Paid $10 for it and it's a $60 suit!! I'm a little self conscious though cuz the top's a "tad" smaller than I'm used to. Oh...also had my first foray into Hooters Was wishing for THEIR bodies as I was eating a hamburger & french fries. Then realised...I'm NOT ever going to have a body like theirs cuz my hips won't let me (thanks DD---AGAIN ) . But all in all it was a fun time. I would have been back OP today but had toast with my eggs. YIKES!! Whatever is becoming of me?? And is it going to be possible to get this weight off again?? I can't keep going on and off this---how soon before doing that breaks the weight loss cycle?
Well, off to a civil war reinactment...so more walking exercise (oh...by the time I went to bed Thursday my legs were SOOO sore from all the walking!! lol) . Tomorrow I'm NOT doing a dang thing (except maybe laundry. lol) so I can rest up!!
You all have a GREAT WEEKEND!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Hello ladies!!!
Well I am just cleaing the house today and then getting Toad ready for his little trip to his potential new home. I am keeping my fingers crossed too, he has been doing well with his training and has really grown up in the past month or 2. I am sure they will be pleased with him.

After that who knows I might just have to take a nap!! ahahahahaha! I stayed OP last night (on a Friday night mind you) for the first time in months! Yeah me!!! I am so proud of myself, I probably ate too many almonds but I am not worrying about that!

Have a great weekend!

Here is a picture of Toad all grown up!

Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

OOPs forgot personals!!!

HI leenie, my pups are big chickens too, you would think it was the end of the world during a thunder storm!

JD- oh yes TOM can cause a stall, just keep going strong and a WHOOOOSH will hit you soon!

B- Have fun at the Civil war reinactment, sounds like you had fun in MInn. though!!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

Hey Everyone

Leenie: Hope that you have a fabulous weekend! Sounds like you're gonna have lots of fun! Also hope that you are feeling better. Our black lab is a big baby anytime. During thunderstorms he wants to be in my lap. 100lbs is just to much for me to hold anymore though

JD: Have fun at the wedding, and hope you are successful in staying away from the cake!

Brenda: Glad that you had a good time in MN. I missed ya! You'll be back on the low-carb wagon soon! I know you can do it! Hope you have a great weekend!

TG: Tell the other family they cant' have Toad and send him my way!!!! He is soooooo precious! Hope all goes well with the visit for him! Congrats on staying OP on a Friday night!!!! You can do it!!!!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Well, not much happening here today. Just resting and relaxing! Think me and DH are going to head down to the beach this evening when he gets off work. We want to see the damage that Charley did and make sure we have no leaks or anything. Also just want to get away for the night! Well, off to rest some more Hope everyone has a great Saturday, and I'll check back in in a little while!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 10:46 PM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi All!

Back from MIA-land! I had GS Day Camp all week! Man an I tired! But it was fun and I will definately do it again next year!

Eating wise I was OK. just OK. Not stellar.. just OK!

I did get up and run though! Im proud of that!

This weekend is pretty quiet so far. Got a new freezer on order that is coming on Wednesday. I am so happy about that! The old one kept everything "soft"! But then again it is over 20 years old.. so it is time!

other than that... I am doing laundry and cleaning house.. That is pretty much it for me!

I'll check in again tmo!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

TG: Congrats on staying OP during a Friday!!! OMG That puppy is SOO cute!!! Hope the home for him works out!!

Lisa: Hope you're enjoying your day and hope there's no damage from the storm!!

Karen: Sounds like you had a blast at GS camp. I remember last year going and staying the whole weekend. Boy was I pooped!!! But it was nice cuz we (adults) didn't have to do a darn thing Don't worry about being OP...you will be!!!

I can't believe it....I slept until 9:00 am this morning. I NEVER do that (unless I'm sick)!!! I don't know what the problem is---unless it's just that I needed to catch up on some of my sleep from before. Did the untasteful job of totally changing the kitty litter and putting brand new stuff in. I need to make a list because I know there's stuff I need from the store--and I was just there yesterday! We're having chili for supper/lunch (yes, noodles, kidney beans and all). I'll kick myself in the morning when I step on the scale to see the damage. DH also said he's re-starting with me. So that'll make it easier for when I plan meals. It's been nice and chilly outside. MY kind of weather!! I don't like hot or freezing cold weather. I like Spring and Fall. I think Fall is coming. The leaves were turning colors over in MN!! I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera!! Told DH that we need to pack a suitcase some weekend and go for a drive with the DD's in another month and just drive to look at the trees, stay overnight somewhere and then head home. The girls I think would like that too. Other than that I've not been doing anything new (considering you can't count me not being OP as new ). MONDAY I'll be reporting something new Let's see how far I can make it this time!!! I'm shooting for at LEAST 6 days
Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone
I had a good time @ the wedding and yes i stayed away from the cake ! I am so proud of myself!!!! My grandma was asking me why i didnt have any and i told her and then there was this huge convo about atkins while i was there LOL It was a good time regardless of the negative things people said about atkins..
Brenda where in minnesota did ya visit? I live in Taylors Falls Minnesota right on the border of minnesota and wisconsin
Well another day of cake!! Its my Sister in laws bday and we are going over to my mother in laws for cake and ice cream. but i know i wont eat it i didnt eat the cake last night
Then wednesday is my dd's 9th bday! MORE CAKE lmao but i am not going to eat that either. I know i wont need to thats for sure.
Everyone have a good day.
jdreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:30 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Hehehehehehehee!!!!
I just weighed myself and i am down 7 pounds this week!!!!! (probably alot of water but I don't care!! )Yeah and I stayed OP all week long! so only 8 more pounds to go and I lost the 15 I gained while I was bad!!! Yippeeeeeee!

So far the new family LOVES Toad and he is doing really well, so I hope it all works out, they are so perfect they already signed up for training classes!! I was thinking and really their house is the exact same as ours except they have no other dogs for him to compete with (which is exactly what he wants) same schedule, same 2 kids, so I think he will thrive!!! I am so happy.

Happy Sunday ladies!!

And JD!!! Great job avaoiding the cake!! Here is the answer to any bad Atkins convo....."so what about not eating sugar and white flour is ging to hurt me??"
People think that it is all meat,eggs,cheese, they don't realize how many VEGGIES you are required to eat, and after induction you can have some fruits. so basically all you are not eating is sugar and white flour.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:03 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

JD: We went to Bloomington--the Mall. DH went to Minneapolis at the Metrodome. It was the first time I had been to the Mall of America A few years ago DH and oldest DD went to Taylor Falls to go ice fishing.

TG: MAJOR Congrats on the weight loss!! Keep up the good work! Glad the family loves Toad--he looks like a sweety!

Well, decided to stay away from alcohol. Due to family history there's alcoholism in the genes....and I've got zippo willpower and am the type of person that becomes addicted to things VERY easily....so figure for a while it's best I stayed away from it. Almost bought the "supplies" needed to make apple martinis..then realised I'd end up drinking it TOO much. So figured I best work on quitting THAT before it becomes TOO much of a problem. Maybe in a month or two I'll let up and have a drink. But not right now. Now why can't I just kill the carb addict in me?? lol