Old 07-24-2004, 05:50 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekend Chat, July 24 and 25

Good Morning,

NJ has had some rain yesterday, DH's shop is so far 30" under water and climbing. Poor thing is down there since 4 am. The flooding is going to be aweful and we are having rain for the next few days oy.

How's everyone's weekend ?? Watcha all doing ?

--------> this is what I'm doing
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:59 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

KIM !!!!!!!!!!!

You okay w/the rain ?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sorry to hear about DH's shop. That is a LOT of rain!!! I just put my pics on my computer from when our basement was under water. I don't think we had THAT much. I'll shrink them within the next couple days and post them....along with kitty pictures.

Well, screwed up yesterday. Deep fried shrimp, onion rings and fries. Add 2 buns to that Dunno why I did it. No way to excuse it. So it's back to the start for me. Family reunion today (oh joy) and TOM is being nasty. *sigh* Just another fast paced weekend I guess.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:38 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Brenda have fun at the reunion don't think about the diet just enjoy the family. Life isn't just about our weight, if we learn to enjoy other things first maybe the wl will come after.

I was tempted to make carbsense brownies today but i'm gonna hold off until next weekend. If the scale doesn't budge by Monday I'm gonna be pissed !!!! So I opened 6 cans of tuna, mixed it w/some celery onion and mayo and stuffed it in the frig, so when I'm hungry I'll have something to grab quickly.. figure that would taste good in a wrap w/veggies or w/pork rinds (and a side of french fries ONLY KIDDING lololol, just wanna see who's paying attention ) Got some chicken breast defrosting on the counter and some tky sausage. Will cook big batches of that and its great for when you wanna pick or your just plain ol hungry, its easy to heat up or eat cold and dip it in pineapple mustard sauce aka honey mustard (oh yeah baby).

Gotta sit here all day b/c we are expecting sleepy's to deliver my dd's bed (she is feeling better btw). They are delivering it between 12 - 4 pm... OY! hope they come sooner to 12 so I can run out and get sheets.

Bedrooms are clean and vaccumed, kitchen is as good as its gonna get and living room is liveable Laundry is going as well.

How's everyone.... watcha cooking this weekend ?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

Leenie - That's alot of water! yuck! Don't you just hate having your day off dictated by someone elses schedule?

Brenda - Enjoy the reunion. I hate those things!

Not much going on here. Slowly getting back to pre-vacation weight. Working this weekend so eating or rather not eating will be a challenge since we have slowed down again. Sunday will be a short day since I have a meeting in Palm Springs at 5 PM for a commercial we are doing for the Funeral Homes. Joy. I got out of doing it a few years back, not so lucky this time. They are making me do it since I've been here so long and most people in town know who I am. "But we want someone the community knows and recognizes to do it." Yeah right, they just want to be a pain in my backside!

I think I'll spend today playing Zuma online since there is nothing else to do. Have a good weekend everyone!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Leenie I'm glad youre DD is feeling better. Sounds like you've been busy today. I feel lazy like a slug. Got the dessert (in my parents house it's called "green ****", but it's pistacchio or watergate salad. ) made. I'm FINALLY able to eat breakfast. TOM is making me sick to my stomach and I really don't want to eat.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:30 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Chickies,

Boy did I eat ALOT yesterday, stayed w/the LC foods but I felt like I just couldn't get full, bet TOM is coming.

Today I have to get my butt to the food store and get some ground chicken for this wonderful looking recipe I saw on the food network yesterday, chicken cordon blu burgers YUMMMMMMMMM... gotta try it. We need other stuff too. Ihate food shopping believe it or not.

Looks like rain today, hope not.

Gonna go grab some coffee and surf for a few minutes.

How's your Sunday?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Well, I totally blew it yesterday. Not only at the reunion but after for supper (and dessert) as well. *sigh* not sure what my problem is lately. I DID get compliments (2) at the reunion on how good I looked. So why can't I keep myself on the straight and narrow to KEEP working on getting this weight off? Today we're going to the BIL and SIL and helping them build a shed. So I'm not sure what the eating will be like today. Not going to worry about it today. And tomorrow is DD's 12th birthday. So there'll be cake. *sigh*. I guess I'll work on getting off whatever I've put on Tuesday.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 07-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  

Hello and Happy Weekend Everyone!

Just jumping in real quick to say hi! Been a busy weekend here. Went today and got my hair cut. Thank goodness I finally found the time. It's gotten too long for me and was really getting on my nerves! Me and DH are getting ready to head to the lake for some night fishing. Taking the BIL and our 9 and 10 yr old nephews with us. That should be fun. Two kids in the boat may be an adventure! We were only taking my BIL's son and then my SIL's son called and asked if he could go. He knows we can't tell him NO! They are usually pretty good as long as we are catching fish, but the bore easliy on the boat if the fish stop biting! Well, better get off here and get ready for an adventurous night! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Talk to you all later or tomorrow!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:28 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Brenda congrats on the complements !! whoohoo !! I don't know why we can't stay on this woe, for one its not easy. With all the parties, bbq's, tv commercials, I feel as though we are doomed. Society surely does revolve around food wether we admit it or not. We just have to be stronger. When is the last party that you know of ? How about setting a date after that and getting all excited about it, get the old noggin prepared. I have a few parties coming up w/in the next few weeks, I know the weekend of my b-day is going to be one after another. So I'm just trying to be good inbetween. Hugs !!

Lisa