Old 06-10-2004, 05:25 AM   #1  

Question Toooo Much water? Is there such thing?

Hey everyone, On an average, I drink anywhere from 6-9 litres of water daily, sometimes more, hardly ever less. My question, could this be a reason why I sometimes never feel full?

I've been drinking loads of H2O for about 4.5yrs now, Water, should fill me up, but as odd as this sounds, maybe it has my tummy stretched that it doesn't know when it's full anymore? Sounds odd ... I'm just making stuff up so it makes sence to me! But is it possible?

I've tried cutting back on drinking so much, but I can't, I actually got into the habit when I 1st became an Atkid, 4.5yrs ago, (then I stopped , 2yrs ago- after losing over 100lbs -for low fat food - what a mistake) but all in all, the water is still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Kirsten
I know my husband wants me to chill out because he' sthe one always going to the store to buy the water for our cooler --- great exercise for him!
Kissten73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

basic answer can you have to much water yes to much and you can die! its called osmotic shock. 2nd if you need to drink water in those quantities get a diabeties check.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #3  
Head Princess

Si - that wasn't nice! You didn't tell her the whole story!

Kirsten - Osmotic shock does exist and it can kill you. Now for the whole story. It's incredibly difficult to do. It requires a very large amount of water in a very short amount of time (think a gallon or two in less than an hour). It doesn't sound like you're in any danger there.

As for the rest of it, I often drink 4-6 liters of water a day so I don't think you're going overboard there. And it doesn't fill me up either, so you're not alone in that. What are you eating in a normal day?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Default Hyponatremia

There is another risk to those drinking too much water. Just wanted you all to be aware of this as I just found out about it. The risk is higher for endurance athletes, but we are at a slight risk as well

Links:
http://www.honoluluclub.com/pulse.php?ID=31
http://www.geo-outdoors.info/hyponatremia.htm
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote