Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #1  

Smile Fullness

Hey all. Just since Saturday I've noticed that I feel MUCH fuller after eating the same amount of food as I have in the past. Has this happened to any of you at a certain point w/the Atkins? Can a stomach really shrink? That's my only conclusion for this. I must say, I really like it!

Please share, ya'all always have such good insight!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:26 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Oh yeah! Definitely. I can barely manage to eat about half as much as I used to. I don't remember when it happened. But I do know that it's happened.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I get full, but I don't notice myself eating less. Just better choices.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Same here Brenda.

But years ago, when I lost 150 lbs, I remember not being able to finish a McDonalds hamburger and they are tiny, so yeah the stomach does shrink. (((sigh))) lol
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:40 PM   #5  
Head Princess

I know that changing my eating habits is the cause of it for me. I don't really eat 'meals' anymore. I just eat a little something every few hours. That way I don't get hungry, but I don't get full either. If I do think I'm hungry, I eat a little something and then wait 30 minutes to see if I'm really still hungry. If I am, I'll eat a little more, but in most cases my stomach catches up and I'm fine.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #6  

Yeah, I have been doing more snack like eating and not eating until I'm stuffed like I used to. When I first started Atkins I never really felt full, just not starving anymore. In the last few days, the full after eating even a snack seems to stay longer too. And, just to keep going on and on, when I drink water when the full is starting to go away, it comes back. It's a very nice feeling. I'm glad my body is finally starting to catch up. It's reinforcement for good choices, I think.

Take care and have great week's everyone!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

I remember when I was at my skinniest (115...but I was like 17 at the time). I didn't eat much of anything. One of the things preying on my mind is whether I'm happy with where I'm at or if I want to try to continue to get down. And do I REALLY want to give up eating like I do (which is pretty dang healthy I think) or if I want to live the rest of my life not eating much (which I'm sure would be healthIER). Maybe I need to take a break from trying to lose weight and just continue what I'm doing. Interesting concept.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #8  

What I've found on this journey is that at times I was happy w/my weight when a got down a few pounds and was content to stay there for a while, sometimes as long as a year. Then I'd get restless and want more weight off and start doing the work to lose again and not just maintain. This is such an individualized journey that there is no right answer for all. Do what you're comfortable with. You've made great progress! From what I've read, maintaining can be just as hard, if not harder than losing. The journey never ends.