Old 06-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Monday June 7th Chat

Morning Starting us off...
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

I had a great weekend, Saturday DH and I packed up the family and went to one of our state parks, Devil's Lake. We enjoyed a day of eating (yes low carb but way to much of it) and swimming and my favorite hiking. I was so bushed by the end of the day but very satisfied with myself for all the activities I was able to do.
I don't have much time to gab now, must run off to work but you all have a fantastic day.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi Trazzie. Sounds like you had fun. Where is Devils Lake?? I think I'm north of you.

Well, I'm not even going to go over the weekend. I didn't do TOO badly (unlike Memorial day/weekend), but it wasn't total LC. So it's off to another start. And last night DH (again) told me he was going to start Atkins with me. So we're both doing induction. Should have seen his face when I told him what was on the induction list Well, if he can at least stick w/it w/me for 2 weeks then I'll be happy. I asked him to exercise with me too. We'll see how that works out. I've got to start cleaning this house so I'm not sure if I'll be online after work. It's gotten to the point I'm sick of the clutter and need it out of my life. And I'm not going to get it out if I don't actually DO something about it. No magic genie will be here to fix it (even though I'd LOVE to hire a cleaning woman ). So if nothing else I'll be here in the mornings Off to get ready for work. Having the girls off of school has thrown my schedule off. Oh well, a little extra sleep You all have a good day.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:16 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Good to see you all had a good weekend. My weekend was okay, the cloudy rainy weather both days really sucked. Saturday wasn't so bad but by the time Sunday rolled around with no sunny skys I was starting to feel really low (just part of my SAD). Hopefully today we will see some sun

Brenda, yuppers I'll be starting a new this morning as well, sigh~~~~~

Hope your morning is wonderful.

Hugs, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:43 AM   #5  

ok, add me into the list of blue people today..........

I finally slept last night but still feel soooooooooo tired and now I seem to be a little depressed *sigh*. I hate feeling this way. I had too many years of it when I was younger and worked so hard to get past it that even the littlest episode of it now bugs me.

Well, anyway.....my weight is up AGAIN.....I am not going to freak but this will mean another wasted week just trying to lose what I gain over the weekend.
And here is what I was thinking this morning.....I am tired of this all. Not the WOE or anything but just the constent watching and waiting etc. I just want to live my life for a while. I don't want to log my food in everyday, I don't want to FORCE myself to exercise just so that I can see 1 pound down at the end of the week. I want to go home from work and work on a project, maybe work in the garden. I have to rush home to change for a walk and then by the time I get back it is time to start dinner, too late after that to do a walk.
I want to go to bed and actually "fall" asleep and not "pass out" from the wine I had to try and un-stress.
Strangely though what I want most is to be 15 pounds thinner and the only way to do that I guess is to do all the things above that I just said I DON'T WANT TO DO. *sigh*

And to boot.........do you know I spent the morning yesterday with some people that haven't seen me in months and NO ONE mentioned that I had lost weight. I have been telling my dh that it isn't noticeable even though he says it is but that just proved to me that I haven't lost much at all. How sad is that....I am pathetic.

Hopefully the sun is going to come out today and it is supposed to be nice the next couple of days and maybe that will help my mood.

Sorry for being winey this early in the day but I just had to get it out.

Leenie: I know how you feel about the weather....we are almost in the same part of the country. Hasn't it just sucked lately?

Brenda: Did you check out that web site that Karen gave you this weekend. I took a peak at it and it looked pretty neat....no pun intended. Maybe it would help.

Trazzie: Sounds like you have such a nice weekend. I would love for dh and I to pack up some day and just go off and have a picnic and just be alone for a while.

Well, this miserable person is going to start some work. Talk to you all again later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #6  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning all!!!

Trazzie: Sounds like you had a great time at Devil's Lake. You definitely got your exercise in!

Brenda: Good going, getting hubby to join in. And good luck "decluttering" your home. Funny how sometimes we get to the point where we can't focus, can't think, can't do anything until the mess around us disappears...

Leenie: I have a sister who suffers severely from SAD and it's no laughing matter. Good luck on your fresh start!

So........I finally put my mind to it to get back on track and yesterday was definitely a winner. I have recruited my 10-year-old DD as my "WOE Helper," since she has started to show signs of the hereditary tendency to pack on the pounds. This kid goes non-stop from morning 'til night, eats 1/2 of what her friends eat, and she's been packing on the pounds like crazy this year. Unfortunately, I'm finally realizing (too late?) that she has the same problem that I do -- high carbs equal expanding waistline. So we went shopping together for "healthy foods," and I emphasized what she could have versus what she couldn't have. For the first time I bought some of that low-carb ice cream for her to have on game nights when she comes home all tired and sweaty. We weighed ourselves, I signed her up with FITDAY (Yes, it's back, YAHOOOOO), and we're set. Hope I'm doing the right thing. I certainly don't want to give her a bad body image or make too big a deal out of weight and size, but then again I don't want her to suffer as I did by being a fat kid. According to her doctor she's about 15-20 pounds overweight (and only 4'7") so I'd like to tackle this now in a positive way by making her feel as though though she's in control by being my partner and helping me stick to my plan and by getting a hold of this monster before it takes over her life.

I'll check in later.....
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:57 AM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Aw Jane......

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't know how you feel. It feels as though you're constantly at battle and you're wondering "when will this war be over?" Don't know that I have any great advice for you, seeing as how I just took a 2 month hiatus to take care of health issues and have my own little pity party that got way out of hand. Would it help you to know that the walking your doing is doing a double whammy? Not only it is helping with your weight loss, but it's necessary for good health all around!

Now....about others not noticing your weight loss -- absolutely bummer, of course, but how do YOU feel since you've taken off that weight? Personally, I felt great long before the first person tilted their heads sideways, looked me up and down, and asked "Have you lost weight?" Then, later down the road it will become "Wow...you look great! How much weight have you lost!!" Be patient and give it time. It took me 20 pounds before anyone even noticed and it pissed me off each and every day. Hang in there!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:02 AM   #8  

Thanks Paula you are right.....I feel better and know that I look better so that should be all that matters. But I guess even at my age I sometimes look to other people to tell me I look good.

I know that everyone here knows how this feels and that is exactly why I poured it out. Isn't it funny how we all have the ability to help someone else when they are feeling down but when WE ourselves are down we can't seem to do it. I wonder why that is
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning All!!

I am feeling really good this morning! Last night after I put the kiddos to bed, I waxed my upper lig and btows, put on a pore-cleansing mask and soaked in a warm tub with Laveder Sea Salt Crystals! Talk about relaxing! Once I got out and rinsed and moisturized.. I went to bed and fell asleep quickly! Then I got up at 4:30 and Did my run on the TM. My cold is gone, although my cough is still lingering!

But the best news is I am down 1.5 pounds this week!!!

Trazie - Sounds like you had a great weekend! I am not a camper (Give me a hotel any day!) But I love to hike!

Brenda - this week will be LOADS Better! It will! You will have to believe that first! And to get DH to do it with you is no MINOR FEAT! I wish I could convince my DH! Check out FlyLady! She really is awesome And her daily emails about what you should do daily are wonderful! They get you on track!

Leenie - Good Morning to you too! We have had Crumby weather here too! friday was hot and in the 80s and then Sat and Sunday we had Thunderstorms and Funnel Clouds. Today it is supposed to clear up a bit.. but this is definately NOT June weather of the Seattle area!

Jane - Vent anytime!(I did yesterday! ) I agree with you whole heartedly! I felt quite the same when my alarm went off at 4:30... I dont what to have to get up and work out that early! But you know what actually got me out of bed? Realizing that most people out there HAVE to work hard at staying fit. There are very few who actually can have a lifestyle in which they dont have to watch what they eat or work out to maintain there weight.

You have lost too much weight for it not to be noticable in anyway. Is it possible that they are jealous?

Paula - I am so glad to see you posting!! And I am so glad you are taking control now of your daughters weight and body type! How old is she? When I hit Puberty (I was 12) I started packing on the pounds too even though I was active. The doctor told mom I was 20+ over weight. My grandmother would tell me I needed to lose weight as she fed me and told me to start tomorrow because I was at her house. My doctor even went so far as to tell my father it was his fault because I got his family genes. ( my grand mother and Aunt both weighed in exess off 350 pounds) But Mom always thought I would outgrow it. HA! I havent grown a millimeter since 6th grade! unless you count in width! so I think you are doing an awesome thing for you daughter! Keep us posted on how she is doing!

Well, I m off to take my shower and then get the kiddos up! My parents arrive today!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Trazzie: Sounds like you had a great time and got lots of exercise in.

Brenda: Great job getting DH to join in the Atkins fun! That should be really helpful to you.

Leenie: Hope the weather gets better for you!

Jane: Paula's right. I think we all know how you feel. I have definitely gone through those feelings. They tend to come on when I notice a thin, beautiful girl eating pizza and ice cream. I wonder why she can eat that stuff and look absolutely incredible, but I have to avoid that food and work and work and work to try and take the weight off, but I still look fat. ARGH! It's so frustrating. I just want to not worry about food and exercise so much! But, if I didn't, who knows how much I would weigh now??

Paula: That's great about getting your daughter involved. It sounds like you're doing it in a very constructive way.

Karen: Congrats on the 1.5-pound loss! Also, I'm sorry to hear about all of the issues with your sister. I hope things get better.

This weekend was fun! I didn't want it to end. On Friday, I went with two girlfriends to the beach. We went out to eat, and then we hit all the beach shops. It was a lot of fun!

Saturday was a day full of cleaning. I really made some progress on this apartment. I can't wait to move out of here on July 10!! I'm not a big hockey fan, but I had to watch the Lightning beat the Flames in double-overtime in the Stanley Cup Finals. What a game! Game seven tonight in Tampa. Are you still rooting for the Flames, Julie??

On Sunday, I went with a group of people to "Taste of Pinellas." It's a benefit for a children's hospital here. A lot of restaurants in the area set up booths, and you buy tickets to sample their food. And, they had concerts all day, too, including Eddie Money. I recognized a song he sang -- "Take Me Home Tonight" -- lots of people I was with knew more of them. Anyway, it was so hot, I never tried any food. All I wanted was water!!

Induction is still going really well. Well, I had a minor slip on Friday night with some low-carb ice cream. I got so distracted in the ice cream shop that they had low-carb ice cream that my induction ideas went out the window temporarily. But, that has really been my only mistake so far. I can't believe how well it is going. I'm going to stick with it for one more week. I have to weigh-in tonight, so we'll see if it's made any difference on the scale. (I'm afraid not since TOM is here, but we'll see.)

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 06-07-2004 at 10:07 AM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!

OMG I had the funnest weekend!!! Just like Jina I didn't want it to end either. I went to the VW dragraces, show, swap meet. I went there to see the VW's and get some thigns at swap and I CAME HOME WITH A CAR!!! I was looking parts for my 1970 Karmann Ghia that I am restoring from the floor pan up (it was my first car bought when I was 18 yrs old) and they had a 1967 Karmann Ghia for sale in fairly good needing to be restored condition and I bought it!! So now I am the proud owner for 2 Ghias!!! I love it! (oh yeah and 2 bugs, but they are DH's) THE DRAG RACES WERE AWESOME!!!!!! I decided to rstore my 1970 to a faster car so DH can race too (OH and MEEEE tooo) then the 1967 will be great restored to stock, they are soooo cute! I am so excited! I was so excited I forgot to eat!!

I did well this weekend, my desire to stay OP is coming back so I am happy about that! I have been lingering in this state of not doing good/doing good for so long it is hard to get over and then being sick last week was poopy. I am still coughing and hacking but i am going to the gym today finally to see how it goes. If die of a coughing fit you'll know it wasn't a good idea!!!

OOOPs I am late logging into work I will do personals later, hope everyone has a great day!!

LOve TG

PS OOOOO Bunna you and I need to talk VW girl!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #12  
Head Princess

Hey everyone! Is it Monday already?

Trazzie - Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Brenda - Weekends are killers, aren't they? Good luck with DH! Mine lasted a whole 3 days.

Leenie - Mentally sending sunshine your way!

Jane - Honey, don't get upset because noone said anything! I'm almost to 70 pounds and there are still people who don't mention it. I've learned that very rarely is it a case of people not noticing. More often it's a case of people feeling like talking about weight is inappropriate. Trust me - I've called people on this before. They worry that if they say 'you've lost weight!' that they're implying that you had weight to lose and think it's just rude. No worries, love. You're doing great!

Paula - what a great thing to be doing for your DD! Not only will she be healthier, she'll feel better about herself and you're instilling good eating habits for when she grows up. Good for you!

Karen - Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love pampering nights! And thanks for reminding me that my eyebrows need a wax I'm sorry to hear about your sister. You are such an awesome person - it sucks that you got treated that way. Now my question for you, oh Running One: when you started running in the mornings, did it ever make you ill? I've tried working out first thing in the morning and just get so nauseated that I can't take it. Any ideas? Otherwise, I'll just stick to afternoon workouts.

Jina - The Lightning won, huh? I was wondering about that. I don't watch hockey on tv very often, but oh how I love to watch it live! I think it's more for the fighting than anything

TG - 2 Ghia's? Lucky girl! I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

My weekend was great fun! What's new?

Friday, we had a bbq at a friend's house with the whole group. There was minor drama when the girl that's 'in love' with me, Casey, thought she saw me kiss our friend Jeannie. Ugh! I told her in no uncertain terms that she needed to stop the jealous girlfriend crap if she wanted to be friends with me and that who I kiss is my business and as long as DH is fine with it, I'll kiss whoever I want and right in front of everyone - so there! And I never kissed Jeannie

So, we had the bbq, then went en masse to the bar for a bit, then came back to the house we were having the bbq at, and finally went home around 6 am. Here's the weird thing that I've been noticing about me over the last couple of months: I don't like eating in front of other people. I don't know why. I can barely eat in front of my own DH. Picking at something like a veggie or fruit tray is fine, but I just can't bring myself to put actual food on a plate and eat it if there are people around. Any ideas why?

Saturday was a great victory day for me. DH and I went and hiked up Multnomah falls. Those that live in the area know what that means. For those that don't, it's only about a mile hike, but it's very very steep. I attempted to do it last year and only made it halfway. When I was younger, I could make it all the way, but would have to stop every few switchbacks to try and catch my breath. Well, not this time, baby! I made it to the top with not problem at all! I stopped a few times to let DH catch his breath ( ) but I was fine! I even jogged part of the way up! I just kept laughing and going 'OMG, is this really me?' It was great!

Saturday night, we stayed in with a couple of friends and watched LOTR, Return of the King and then played monopoly. The movie was really good! And monopoly? Well, the other girl and I got out of the game pretty early on. DH and the other guy are meeting up every night after work until someone wins

Yesterday was another eye-opener for me, but not in such a fun way as Saturday. I was running off to visit a friend at her new condo by the river in Portland, and I hadn't planned well, so I needed quick food. SO do I get something plan friendly? Of course not! I got to McD's and order a #2, no cheese, with a diet lemonade to drink. I ate all the fries and then went to take a drink and (dammit!) they had given me sprite instead of lemonade. We all know what sugar does to me, so I had to throw that out. I had one of the hamburgers and felt so full I thought I'd explode. This turned out to be a very good thing. Within 1/2 an hour, my whole body hurt and my head was killing me. It felt like I was getting the flu. I was all confused until I remembered that I'd felt the same way after I tried eating a hot dog with a bun. So I felt like crap the rest of the day, but I learned my lesson! Normal bread is out all together unless I want to be sick. On one hand it sucks, but on the other hand, it makes it easier to stay OP!

Ok, enough rambling out of me. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Kisses!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies!

Sounds like everyone had a full weekend!

Friday we left for the 3 hour drive to see my youngest graduate. Had dinner with the ex, his wife, both my daughters and their boyfriends. Dinner was great, Danny, my BF actually spent all of dinner talking to my ex-husband! I was a bit nervous as to how that would go.

Unfortunately, we just got to the college and the students got seated to start graduation then the cell phone rang. Ramesh, my youngest, said she needed to go to the hospital. We spent the next 3 hours in the emergency room. She had an allergic reaction to her dinner again. The thing that really mad me angry is my ex has been telling her since the last time this happened a yr ago to just try eating shrimp again, maybe it was a 1 time thing even though the Dr.'s had told her don't even try it or it could kill her since her allergies are so violent. She has had it twice in the last year, building up the chemical that she reacts to in her system and what little bit she had that night pushed the reaction over the edge. Within 25 minutes, she was covered with hives, blisters and her thoart started closing down. Thankfully she's fine now but of course she missed graduation. I feel so bad for her.

Saturday, drove 4 hours to Laughlin, NV to gamble for the weekend and got home late Sunday night. Off today, so I think I'll go visit "Doggie Jails" and continue the search for a new fur kid, that is if I can get up the energy.

Have a good day everyone!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:34 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Now my question for you, oh Running One: when you started running in the mornings, did it ever make you ill? I've tried working out first thing in the morning and just get so nauseated that I can't take it. Any ideas? Otherwise, I'll just stick to afternoon workouts.
I never got nauseated at all..but then again I dont exercise with anything in my tummy. Just sip water a bit. I usually finish 32 oz of water by the time I hit the shower. If I eat someting, even something small like a cheese stick, I get sick. Some people do eat something though. If you didnt try something small. If it makes you sick I wouldnt do it in the morning then!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:45 PM   #15  
Head Princess

I've tried it with and without food in my stomach. I still get sick. I guess I'm just not a morning exerciser! Thanks!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote