Old 01-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation A better grill

I have a little countertop Hamilton Beach steam grill, which I love to use. But I HATE to clean it! You cant get it wet, so you have to kind of balance it on the side of the sink, horrible just horrible.
So I was on Amazon looking at the new George Foreman grill with removable grill plates, you can put them in the dishwasher. But, its only the large size with removables, and I don't have that much need or space.
I did a little more research and found my Hamilton Beach grill, now with removeable plates! The reviews I read say they like it better than the GF, as the grease trap is easier to use. I just got it today and made some hamburger patties. It fits 2 of the large frozen ones with room to spare. When your done, just throw the plates in the dishwasher! Yeah!!!!!

Amazon - Hamilton Beach Grill

Plus its on sale for $39! (the GF almost $100 bucks)

Last edited by barbmarie; 01-07-2005 at 03:46 PM.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #62  
Baby Steps

Well crap. Wish I'd known about this before I had DH give me a GF for CHristmas. And of course, it's the small size that doesn't have the removable plates. What a pain in the I made a couple steaks last night and now I'm trying to figure out how to clean it!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #63  
Head Princess

Nobody beat me up over this, but I HATE those grills! MIL gave me one for Christmas, but I took it back. They make my food so tough! I use a smokeless indoor grill/bbq instead. Just like the great outdoors, but I stay warm.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #64  
Baby Steps

I thought it would make my life easier. I'm wondering if I still have the box
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #65  
Look at me go ;)

Hamilton Beach makes another, newer great one that I am dying to get. Not only does it have the removable grill plates like barb said, but then the whole thing opens flat and the grill plates turn over to flat plates like an electric griddle/skillet. It's about 60 bucks but that's the same as if you bought a grill and an griddle seperate. At least this way they are all in one machine.

Brenda: You clean it by taking a soft soapy cloth and wiping it off, then take a soft wet one to "rinse" it. You can't submerge it
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #66  

This one is the one that opens flat. There is a little door on the lid, that acts as a leg so you can make one big open flat grill. Bun no griddle plates on this model, this is the smaller one.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #67  
Head Princess

Hot Pockets has a lc version of their product now. It's a little high at 12 grams per 'pocket'. And the taste is ok, but I prefer Michael Angelo's version. Much tastier and only 9 grams.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #68  

For those of you with Food Network and Fit TV channels, their Low Carb cooking shows are great. Lots of easy ideas, do ahead ideas and kid friendly ones.

Right now I am following Blaine's weight loss through low carb. He is down to 262 last I saw and made great chicken nuggest, ground chicken breast, with cream some spices and rolled them in soy flour and ground up pork rinds. Deep fried them and served with cheese sauce, I am going to try them this weekend.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:59 PM   #69  

Today at Sam's Club - a case of Jello Sugar free pudding, chocolate and chocolate swirl. 6 net carbs/cup.

Also at the grocery, Valasic Bread and Butter pickle spears, with Splenda! 1 carb each.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #70  
Head Princess

I checked out the Jello brand SF pudding but didn't get any because of all the sugar alcohols in it.

I did, however, get Hunt's no sugar added chocolate pudding. It was really yummy! 6 grams of carbs and no sugar alcohols listed on the nutrition chart. I'll double check the ingredients list tonight.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #71  

Oh that sounds good! Havent found it yet here.