Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 02:49 PM   #31  
Head Princess

LOL - ok! I must be the only one who gets triggered by reading this stuff.

Getting violently ill because of sugar consumption is a great way to stay on track. I think in a weird way that makes it easier for me. I don't like feeling that bad. But it took months of no cheating to get that way.

I just keep remembering that quote about how "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". True, true!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:00 PM   #32  
Tanned Sexy Chick

I got a few triggers from reading this stuff also but think it's mostly because I was sooooooo bad Valentine's weekend...not even enough space here to start.

I really don't feel bad about it though which is good or I would still be doing my consoling eating...followed by my angry eating....followed by my depressed eating
Old 02-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #33  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Star, I wish I felt gross when I cheat, nothing seems to bother me and when I OD, I really OD. Saturday night I ate all but 4 pieces of an entire bag of hershey's dark chocolate kisses, not to mention all the other foods... was I sick NOPE! The only thing I felt was a little bloated (ya know carb farts) and guilty, well fear too, fear I would gain my weight back if I didn't put the breaks on.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! Breaks are on Phewwww !!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #34  
Head Princess

Ok, here's my confession:

I really REALLY want to know if starches have the same effect on me as sugars now. Part of me is dying to go to Olive Garden and load up on pasta and breadsticks just to see what will happen. Argh!

So far, though, I've been good
Old 02-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #35  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I don't know what to tell you Star. You've been doing so well, why the sudden change ? You know some times when we have that one slip up, it sets us back so far and we wind up kicking ourselves because we can't get back into the grove of things. Christmas really screwed me over. I've had a hard time since then.

Look again at your avitar picture and tell me you don't like seeing your jaw line ??? if you don't like seeing it then go to the olive garden. If you smile when you look at yourself then ask yourself, is it really worth it ?

BTW, its normal to want to let go every now and then. I want to eat mexican food 24/7 LOLOL.

Its up to you.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #36  
Baby Steps

I know this is a WOL and a new WOE....but we aren't EVER going to be allowed to eat stuff we want? Even ONCE in a while?? I know the answer is going to be no...but why not? lol
Old 02-18-2004, 01:13 AM   #37  
on my way down again

I wanted one special thing for Valentine's Day. I gave up all thoughts of chocolate, BUT I made home made nachos with cheddar cheese, corn tortilla chips, olives for our dinner-then HAD to finish off the stuff the next day.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:10 AM   #38  

Brenda: I was just having that discussion with my dh last weekend. I know that this has to be a wol for me but I know that once I lose the weight I will start adding more and more carbs. I WANT A PIZZA ONCE IN A WHILE FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD. However, it will no longer be able to be an every week thing...just a once in a while thing. I don't think that is such a bad thing. As long as I keep control and don't let things get bad again.

As for potato and rice and pasta???? We will have to see. I can't believe but for some reason I seem to have lost my taste for potato's. It's really weird. Rice I could care less about....coucous I would love......pasta, well I mostly miss the convenience of it.

So pizza will be my nemisis.

I too think this thread is a great place to dump our stuff and move on. However I do think it is funny how we all seemed to have come out all of a sudden. Let's keep this as a place to confess not a place to get ideas
Old 02-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #39  
Moderator & Happy Chick

I think we can treat ourselves, no doubt but we have to be able to recognize our weeknesses and strengths when we do. There's no way in heck I could give up on carbs for the rest of my life, but I feel I can control it better now. And you know what, I don't wanna give up on carbs, whats life w/out chocolate ??? lol.

The key words I picked up on in Stars post was "Load Up" - danger will robinson!

I am the type of person that is all or nothing. Which is very dangerous, I just can't have one bread stick and be happy, I have to eat a whole basket full.

When I first started Atkins in July and I would plan cheat days I would do wonderful, go back on plan the next day and the weight would come off that week.

When Christmas came and I stopped "planning" and started eating everything in site "loading up" I crashed and ever since then I've been struggling.

The only advice I could give folks is Plan It ! but Plan to go back on atkins the next day.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:40 AM   #40  
The Princess O' Pets

I think everything in meoderation, the key is if you cheat, make it only for 1 meal or snack and get right back OT, then you can have those things you crave every couple months or something like that.

I am right with Star, my body now has violent reaction to eatng carbs / sugar, it is like it was allergic all the time and now that I don't eat them it knows it doesn't like them. Sometimes I still cheat even knowing that will happen but it is fewer and farther between, the effects of being "carb sick" for me last for days afterward feeling groggy and nauseated (sp). So if I can avoid that I will try, BUT I am also human so sometimes I mess up...you just have to right after the incident dust yourself off and get OT right away.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #41  
Head Princess

Awwwwwwwwwww, you guys know me. I won't actually do it! I honestly don't think I'd like it if I did. My tastes seem to have changed.

Jane - never fear! I don't know about where you live, but here there are two pizza chains that have already picked up on the lower carb thing. There's Papa Murphy's take 'n' bake that now offers a 'Thin DeLite' pizza crust (it's just half as thick so half the carbs). 1 piece is about 14 grams of carbs. Then there's Godfather's pizza. They have banners outside their restaraunts touting new low-carb pizzas, but I couldn't find anything on their website about it.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:04 PM   #42  

Thumbs up

Iv'e been on a major pig out for the last six months.

Time to get back on track. Iv'e gained back most of the weight I lost two years ago

Tommorow is day 1.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:47 PM   #43  
thinly,... disguised

I LOVE this thread !!!!!

Only on day 2, lol, so I haven't cheated yet, BUT I love the idea of PLANNING a day !!!
Gives you something to look forward too !!!

I'm having such a hard time finding things I CAN eat...those 20 carbs on Induction add up so fast, and I'm starving and nauseas all at the same time

uuuuuuuuuum, I was drooling reading this post,...lol
Old 02-19-2004, 11:46 PM   #44  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I'm with Star - I don't like this thread and I won't be reading it anymore because I feel like if everyone else is slipping it's OK for me too....

I think we need another type of thread....please title it "Slap me upside my head Star"... because I know if Star lived next door I would be down at least 10 more than I am now.... Can't read this thread anymore ladies...but do enjoy!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:47 AM   #45  
Baby Steps

I don't think it's such a bad idea. I think this is like a "true confessions" thread and allows for getting the cheats out in the open so that instead of feeling guilty and not posting anymore, it's brought out and the person feels like they can start over w/out feeling guilty. Oh heck I'm not making sense. lol
Closed Thread