Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #16  
Pure Energy

By the way, Jina! My Check Engine light came on last night! Maybe in sympathy to yours. The guys at work told me that it's most likely because I haven't had the oil changed in a while. I'll do that in the morning and see if it goes away.

Friends in car worry,
Jamie
Old 11-09-2003, 10:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 207/207/185

Default SLEEPY SUNDAY!

HI Everyone!

CONGRATS Linda on the fabulous weight loss, I'm sure that you'll continue going down and down and down....

Jina - your winter temp sounds like the kind I prefer (got some winter vacation brochures to dream over when the snow hits)...and you're right to watch out for those nasty sugar alcohols - I've had a few run ins with those myself....very nasty stuff!

I am feeling a bit bummed out today - I think it is deep PMS...TOM is hovering..... and of course extremely exhausted due to late night out - don't kiddies know they're supposed to sleep in on Sunday mornings after their parents have been out and not burst into their room at 7 am???

We had dinner at a fish restaurant - had to wait for table and we were freezing so headed upstairs to the bar and found a SOFA NEXT TO THE FIREPLACE - it was heaven and warm...and yes I splurged with a Cosmopoitan martini - yes I know it has carbs (a splash of triple sec and ounce of cranberry juice), but was definitely worth it - of course drinking on an empty stomach is never recommended, especially when low carbing, so both dh and I (he had a glass of white wine) who are normally not big drinkers anyways were really feeling it by the time our table was ready.

Food was a bit disappointing (now I remember why we don't go there more often). My smoked salmon appetizer was pretty good, but main dish swordfish was nothing to write home about - oh yes I also had two pieces of melba toast (must look up the carbs for that!).

Then went to a club close by to see this band I had heard about - pretty good - blues/rock with some aretha franklin and marvin gaye thrown in - loved the brass section and the fact that everyone there was the same age as we were! Had a diet pepsi while there - decided no more alcohol for us (such cheap drunks!)

Didn't get to bed til 2 am - and paying for it today.

Feeling crappy anyways due to sinus issue (am I catching dh's cold?)...and bloated feeling.

Trying to drink lots of water today - not sure if I should weigh in tomorrow due to TOM, but I will be strong!

Lekker - what city are you in? Sounds like Montreal (my hometown) or Quebec City (if so I'm jealous!).

Star - Sounds like you also had a great night out! Love the fantasy shopping idea - will have to try it out!

As for my shopping trip - returning many of the items and dd did NOT LIKE THE PINK SWEATER SET - her exact comment was "it looks like something you would wear"...am I that obvious?

So do I keep it in the back of the closet - assuming I will one day fit into it? Or bring it back ($70 total cost) ? It seems funny to buy something I won't be wearing for maybe another 6 months or so - and what if in the end it doesn't even look good on me? ...and yes I hate the look of my BIG SPARE TIRE!

Doing laundry and looking forward to my days off - have to get some errands done tomorrow and go get my velvet pants hemmed before weekend - would love a pair of fancy shoes to wear - but I also have fat, wide ugly feet and I can barely manage high heels on a good day!

Froufy
Old 11-10-2003, 12:42 AM   #18  
Head Princess

Hey there! It's sunday evening and I'm enjoying my own version of decadence. DH is at work and I just polished off a 4 ounce wheel of brie all on my own - I know, seems so bad, but no carbs! Now I'm sitting back and drinking lime perrier out of a champagne flute AND, for those interested, I am, of course, wearing my tiara. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh all I need now is a cabana boy to give me a pedicure and it would be perfect!

My ketones are back in full force - relying on stinky breath and purple ketone stick as evidence. I saw Jennalyn tonight and she's looking thinner by the day. And my normally aloof kitty has decided he adores me tonight. Good times.

Froufy, I think if you like the sweater so much you should keep it! We've spent some time talking about rewards and an expensive sweater that you love would be great. I'm sure someone more practical than me will argue the other way, but that's ok. We'll keep each other even.
Closed Thread