Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default The Low Carb Lolita Podcast: 1st Episode!

Well, I put out my pilot episode of the Low Carb Lolita podcast today. It's only my first attempt at podcasting, and the episode's a little short Any constructive criticism/comments/etc. are appreciated. I'm definitely going to shoot for a cleaner show next week, and I've put in a request at iTunes to be included in their podcast section

So, here's the link to the blogger page--you can click on the Episode 1 link with a right-click to save it to your PC, or with a left-click to listen right in your browser.

http://lclolita.blogspot.com/
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Too tired to listed now I WILL listed in the morning. WOW when you make a decision you really go for it!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

I just got finished listening to the podcast. That was great! You gave plenty of information to get anyone interested in low carb dieting started. I like the suggestion to research on the internet and then get the book for the diet of your choice. Also, using a progarm to track your food to making sure you are getting enough or maybe too many calories.

This was a great podcast. I am so proud of you and I look forward to the next episode.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I downloaded to listen later since I have to work today. FYI, my computer gave me the option to send it to my bluetooth device so I think I could probably put it on my blackberry. I'll experiment.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Great Show!!!

Azure:
I just heard your podcast, and its just fabulous! First of all, you have a perfect boadcasting voice: all your syllables are clear and there is nothing fuzzy in your articulation at all. A pleasure to listen to. Secondly, the tips were great! I am only on day 4 of Atkins, but I wish I had taken you advice to look at the maintenance plans, since I am hoping that after some months of Atkins I can move onto something more like South Beach. I wonder if its gonna to be a problem doing that. Third, you sounded friendly and witty, and made me feel like its possible to succeed in this lc thing.
So congratulations!

RubyJan
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Can't listen now but wanted to say, GOOD for YOU (and us and anyone else who gets to make use of your efforts!).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

It won't play for me! I'm sad. I just keep clicking on on it and new windows open but alas it won't play.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  
Low Carb Lolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayincalm View Post
It won't play for me! I'm sad. I just keep clicking on on it and new windows open but alas it won't play.

SC
I believe to get it to play on your PC, it wants you to have Quicktime (at least, that's the player that plays it for me). http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ is the download page for Quicktime, if you're interested in having it. If you don't want to download Quicktime, you can save the file to your PC to listen by right-clicking the link and selecting "save as", then saving it to your desktop. Once it's on your PC you can listen to it in whichever media player you favor. Hope that helps!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #9  
Low Carb Lolita

To the ladies:

Thanks so much for the positive feedback and encouragement! I was a little nervous putting something like that out there, but I'm going to keep at it! Thanks for the support!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I agree with RubyJan....your voice is perfect for podcasting. I can't tell you how many annoying voices there are out there on podcasts! Also, you sounded very relaxed and conversational (even with a few fumbles) and I think will be a strength that will be beneficial to your success. It was like having a little chat or conversation - not preachy in any way.

Gosh - I am so thrilled that you are doing this! There are so many subjects you could talk about - not just the low carb way of life but the emotional and mental issues that go along with losing weight and becoming healthy. For example, you posted a heartfelt comment to the gal who was struggling with her weekends (sorry, I can't remember her name right now) and that topic could easily be turned into a podcast. There's several people doing the more technical side of lowcarb, with studies and all, but a more personal, hands-on, how do I get through the day podcasts would benefit so many.

I subscribe to Motivation to Move's podcasts and he's started doing 9-10 minute podcasts and that seems to be a nice length of time. Not too long, not too short.

I can't wait for the next one!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #11  

I can't get it to play on my PC either. I guess I'm a pod cast idiot.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

I got it to play!!! I was clicking on the right side of the screen but Azure said right there to "click the link above" so I did and it played. Count me in as a pod cast idiot as well. I wish I knew french for idiot because that is what I feel like. Maybe I will look it up! (At work I have a dictionary for slurs in other languages.

tee hee.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #13  

Yeah. I figured it out. I liked it. I don't precook all my food for the week but I try to have a couple days on hand. Especially for take to work lunches. That is a big problem for me-if I don't take my lunch to work, I can get into trouble.