Old 09-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing View Post
Cool, I've had weeks-long stalls, but they end eventually and I go back to regular loss again. Just ignore the darned scale (yeah, I know, easy for me to say) and keep on keepin' on with life. This IS life, not some temporary dietary side trip. I'm soooo glad it seems so normal to me now. For a while it seemed like it (Atkins) completely dominated my life. Now it's receded into the background, where food SHOULD be. Well, for now anyway. Gotta be careful of Famous Last Word syndrome!

Have a good Friday, everybody, see ya tomorrow.
Bouncing, this is great advice! I am so close to my goal I can SMELL it and I get so worked up with weighing every day and Atkins becoming my life instead of just becoming a natural way of eating for me. I hope as I go on in the future thats what it'll become, especially once I reach my goal weight, I hope I'll be used to picking the foods that are RIGHT for me instead of thinking "atkinsatkinsatkins what can i eat on atkins?!?!?!?!" all day long.
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #62  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

JersyGyrl to my rescue!!!! Yeah!!

I still don't think I'm eating enough. I have around 20 carbs now, is that too low?
I tell you what, I will know how to maintain my weight loss when I lose it won't I!

My mom did tell me this morning that I looked like I lost more weight, but according to my scale, it's still at the same place, so it has to be inches I'm losing.

I don't snack, maybe that's the problem too. Actually I don't know what to snack on, other than pork rinds, but they have too much salt.

Any suggestions?
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #63  

Hi, I expected to find a Friday Weigh In thread here somewhere. I guess I don't really know the format or the protocol here on this message board. I've been reading for the last two weeks (since I restarted Atkins) and have posted a few times but it all seems so new to me.
If I had found a Friday WI thread I would have posted that I'm down four pounds for the week. I didn't weigh in the day I started (I was afraid!) so I don't really know how much for the (almost) two weeks on Atkins, but I'm guessing it's about 6-8 pounds.
I don't plan to go off induction. I seem to do better with a stricter goal. I guess I'm sort of an "all or nothing" type person. I think I can stay at this level long term (I think I can). Thanks for letting me but in here. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #64  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnar View Post
I don't plan to go off induction. I seem to do better with a stricter goal. I guess I'm sort of an "all or nothing" type person.
You and I must have been separated at birth. I'm a total all or nothing kind of girl. I guess in some respects, it's a good thing but it hurts the wallet when shopping.

Last edited by cldwv; 09-28-2007 at 03:58 PM.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #65  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Some low carb snacks I like:
homemade olive oil dressing (olive oil, Mrs. dash, other spices, mustard, and dash vinegar) The mustard will help to emulsify this dressing and make it thick.

Things to dip in the dressing: celery, cucumbers, leftover steak strips, leftover chicken, whatever.

Sometimes I just munch on leftover steak strips for snacks.. if I don't feel like using a plate or anything.

Macadamia nuts

Lettuce wraps: Cream cheese, cilantro and/or chives, with leafy green lettuce wrapped around it. Might wanna throw some roastbeef or something in it too.

Tuna mixed with above homemade olive oil dressing... and dip celery in that.

Lunch meat wrapped around some sliced avocado.

That's all I can think of right now. I don't eat the cream cheese very often as it's kind of hard for me to digest. Hope I helped a little.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #66  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Thanks Missy,
That does help! I just never thought about eating those things as snacks, seems more like lunch or dinner to me. I forget I can eat those things any time. Your dressing sounds really good, the type I like too!

Thanks alot for posting that, I really appreciate that!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #67  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We have a beautiful morning up on the Cape,sun is shinning and the temps are going to be in the 70's. Going to see if Leo is up to walking long the beach,before we watch the President's Cup golf tournament on T.V.

W-I was this morn,managed to lose 1-lb. with all that I went though health wise.Moved my Sept ticker to a lose of 3-lbs for Sept. Couldn't move my reg tricker as I gained 3.So I guess I'm even and will be able to move it downward next week.

Will be back later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #68  
Cindy

Morning girls!

Congrats BB on the pound lose! It's like interest, isn't it? A little bit compounded daily. Sounds beautiful where you are. I'd love to have a beach near me.

No news to report just wanted to check in and say hi to you all.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #69  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Great going BB!!!!! Have a nice walk, it sounds lovely.

Had dinner last night at stepson #1's, we had fishcakes and asparagus. The fishcakes had potatoes in them. So when I came home I just had about 2oz of cheese to help counteract any cravings I may have gotten from the potatoes, had my cup of tea, and was in bed by 930! I did good....refused the raspberry pie (it looked delicious) and it doesnt seem to have effected today at all. Im thrilled with that!

Today is going good, I may even climb up on the treadmill this afternoon!!

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #70  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just checking -in to let you know every thing is fine with Leo & I. Got up late and I have to get ready for church and than after I get back from my Sunday Brunch with my friends I be glued to the TV to watch the final game of the President's cup.

Will join you gals later after the game.
So long, until than

Hugs BB
Old 09-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #71  
Cindy

Good morning to all of my low-carb buddies!

BB, are you a golfer? I am. I golf badly but still, I love it. Haven't been out much this summer though.

No big plans for the day. There's lots of cleaning to do and instead of plopping down in front of the TV, I should probably get with it.

Anybody have big Sunday dinner plans? I think we are going to grill.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #72  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back from watching the Presidents Cup. My Tiger Woods lost to Mike Mier.O well!! there always 2009.

CLDWV-No I'm not a golfer,except for playing miniatured golf when I was a child.I like watching it on tv. Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss,hopefully this will continue going downward. We love it up here in the Cape, that why we retired up here 10 years ago. We have woods around us and a minute ride down to the beach.

Robin-Thanks for your congrats also,wish it was more but I will take it. You did great resisting that raspberry pie.I know I love crab cakes but the mashed potatoes in them are not very weight loss friendly.I wonder if theres another way of making them,with out potatoes.

Have a nice evening ladies

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-30-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #73  
LC lifestyle

S/C/G: 252/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Fit/Bouncing et al,
Thanks for those kind words. Patience has NEVER been my strong suit.
I have dropped a few since then. Trying to change the actual ticker....grrr.. I changed my profile but how do I move the darn tracker? Does anyone know?? Thanks. Stay strong.

PS I have decided only to weigh once a week.
coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote