Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 24 of 35
Go to
  • Hoopty-Glad you saw a drop on the scale I'm still waiting for mine Do you and you DH like horror movies? I can't watch them, I get too scared! That's cute you'll have movie night though. Maybe you can get all your favorite treats and pre measure out the servings before hand? I think Friday night I'm going to birthday party. If I go I've decided I won't eat, but just have 1 drink. Then we also have plans to go to the beach and go for a hike. Eating wise....I'm thinking of making us Thai one of the days. We don't have any eating out plans yet.

Abbyin-sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell, I hope today is better Its amazing though that you're still keeping within you calories despite not feeling well! Great job!

Yesterday ended at 1685. I was REALLY hungry, obviously was still depleted from my hike Tuesday. I managed to not eat anything after my dinner though even though I really wanted to. I did the exercise bike for 30min(very slow and light). This morning I really need to do some strength training! Calories today will probably be around 1800 since I'm having a friend over for dinner.
  • Thank you so much for the replies ladies, I appreciate it. I went over my calories yesterday by having some potato salad, and I weighed in today and hit my lowest since I've been on my journey (February 13, 2014, my 4 month anniversary of changing my life is Friday the 13th ) 283.4 lbs.! Even when you have a bad day, those good days can carry you to a smaller body, so never lose heart. You only fail when you give up. Sad truth is this is the lowest I've been in 8 years! And I didn't starve myself to get here, I just kept going, bad days and all. I feel good, and I will be back to adding my food this evening. I am going to work some more potato salad into my dinner lol, but keep it calorie conscious. I love this thread because everyone is so real & supportive, thank you so much for being there!
  • Can I join you? I'm playing around with my calories right now, trying to figure out where I need to be. Right now I'm trying to stay around 1500.
    Yesterday I ended up at 1263.
  • 1247/1350 calories for today. Still tired but still moving along. Weighed in today and still stuck at 133. It's been a month now. I don't know what to do about it. My calories are good most days, I eat pretty healthy (lots of fruit, veggies, protein and healthy carbs). I try to get some exercise in a few times a week. It worked for a long time and now I'm stuck Any ideas?
  • I only ate 1100 of my 1350 today. Too busy to grab anything until late in the evening, but that is too close to bedtime. I will eat my 1350 tomorrow.
  • Quote: 1247/1350 calories for today. Still tired but still moving along. Weighed in today and still stuck at 133. It's been a month now. I don't know what to do about it. My calories are good most days, I eat pretty healthy (lots of fruit, veggies, protein and healthy carbs). I try to get some exercise in a few times a week. It worked for a long time and now I'm stuck Any ideas?
    Maybe raise your calories for a week or two to give your metabolism a jump start?

Calories for yesterday were 1650/1500. A little high, but I was low the day before. Annnd I lost! Weighed in at 184!!! All the weight I gained from my weekend long binge is gone, and then some.
  • Candidcamster-Great job on the new low weight!

kaymaywill- Great job on the loss!

abbyin-I know its frustrating when what worked stops working (I myself ended up on 3 month plateau for that very reason). At lower weights its really hard to lose, are you very strict about your tracking? Do you ever have cheat days? I know for myself I pretty much have to stick totally to my plan every day to see any losses. If you are staying completely on plan and tracking very diligently then I would try upping exercise as well as readjust your macros. If that doesn't do anything, then I suggest talking with your doctor.

Brandnewday-Good work staying within your goal, I don't like eating late at night either.

Ended at 1785 yesterday and did 20 min on the bike and 20 min strength. It wasn't bad, but not great either. I couldn't believe how hungry I was, I couldn't feel full no matter what bc of stupid TOM Today I'm aiming for a 4 hour hike and will try to keep calories around 2100.
  • Thank you Dottington! I gained back .4 lb. overnight because of PMS water retention, I know because my breasts are aching which always happens before my TOM. I did ok yesterday, I was over by a little but I am determined to reach 278 by July 5 and 272 by the end of July (visiting my cousin in Memphis and want to be 30 + lbs. smaller from the last time she saw me).

Here were my meals yesterday -

For breakfast I had Trader Joe's - Milk - Whole - Whole Milk, 1 cup ( 240 ml ),
    Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 3/4 cup (30 g), Organic Peach.

For lunch no.1 I had Organic Fuji Apple, 2 stalks of celery and Evol egg smoked gouda sandwich (these sandwiches are so good, and only 190 calories!) .

For lunch no. 2 I had Trader Joe's Veggie Masala Burger, 1 burger, Trader Joe's Organic Whole Wheat Bread (I only used 1 slice), Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup 2 tbsp, topped w/half a slice of Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese Slice + Pappa's Potato Salad 2 tbsp + Eating Right (from Safeway, or Randall's if you live in TX) Black Bean Soup, 1.8 oz (51g) mixed w/ 1/2 a slice of Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese Slice, Trader Joe's - Organic Ketchup 2 tbsp and I used Frank's Hot sauce which is calorie free. Lunch was really tasty.

For dinner I had Quorn - Jalapeņo and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets, 1 cutlet served w/Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey & Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls +
    Vita Muffin Top in Deep Chocolate topped w/True Whip Whipped Topping 2 tbsp (this was purchased from Whole Foods, I like it because it has no high fructose corn syrup and it's DELICIOUS).

My calories were 1891 officially but unofficially they were more like 1847 because 50 calories less since I only had 3/4 cup of milk, not a full cup. I also had 1 extra stalk of celery for 6 calories.

I like measuring my cereal & milk to prevent calorie overload, I do need a food scale for some of my other foods though.
  • Yesterday's calories: 2017
    I had too much peanut butter after the gym, that's why my calories were that high. I did 5.52 km on thr treadmill and 30 min of strength training though so no worries.
  • kaymaywill - Welcome! And congrats on the loss!

abbyin - I would try to throw in some high-cal days and/or switch up your exercise routine. Do something that will throw your body off (in a good way of course! )

Candidcamster - I love your determination, you go girl! Don't worry if the scale doesn't budge...PMS/TOM is the worst time for weigh-ins

Dottington - How was your hike? I can only imagine how many calories you burned I have to be in the mood for horror movies but I'm that typical girl that keeps looking away DH actually got annoyed once: "What's the point in watching if you don't watch?!" Haha. Sounds like a fun weekend, I don't think I've ever tried authentic Thai food, I should give it a go!

--

Today's calories: 1801
    Probably way more because DH cooked chicken breast and he likes to use a lot of oil. Unfortunately I wasn't there when he made it and of course he doesn't measure anything. However, I was very grateful that I was able to eat right away when I came back for work so it didn't bother me. Did 5.4 km on the treadmill and 30 min of strength training.
  • 1881/1350 calories today. I did decide to up my calories for a couple days a week and see what happens. We used to call it "Zig Zagging". I'll see if it works.

To answer some questions, I do log everything that goes in my mouth, and no - I usually don't take a cheat day. I used to. Don't really know why I stopped.

Hope everyone is doing well
  • 1000 today plus I walked and did some strength training

Good luck all!
  • I try to log everything but there have been stretches where I gave up. But yeah, if I binge I log it.

Yesterday...ugh.
    Breakfast- Special K popcorn chips, 110 cals
    Not bad...kinda junk food, but eh.
    Lunch- 8 oz steak, 480 calories, Steamed broccoli, 25 calories, red potatoes, 205 calories.
    Sooo yummy, and I don't regret this at all. But the day went downhill from there.
    Dinner- We ate late, I was tired and hungry. So I got a big chicken sandwich from Hardees, 680 calories. And shared some curly fries with DH, 135 calories.
    overall, 1635/1500. I don't feel too bad about going over, because I'm still trying to figure out what number I need to be at calorie-wise. Maybe I'll raise it up a little for a few days just to see.

No, what I'm mad that I weighed this morning and it was 186.9! Almost three pounds up from yesterday, and I know its mostly retention because I ate badly yesterday.

So today is a new day!

Breakfast: 16 oz strawberries, 144 calories. Very good. Though I'm hearing the chex mix call my name already...
  • Quote: Question for everyone, when you go over (late night binge, or the like) do you always add it to myfitnesspal or whatever calorie counter you use? I feel lazy and ashamed sometimes, it sucks.
    I add it. Sometimes, I'll add it before I consume it so I can see the potential damage to my day. Other times I don't care, but at the end of the day I decide I actually do care and add it, then I realize it wasn't worth it and it keeps me from doing it again...until the next time!

8 pounds til goal. I got this, right? This past month has been slow moving for me. I'm lowering my calorie goal from 1500 to 1400 for the next week. If it's too hard, then I will up it back to 1500 but not count my workouts and see how that goes.

I am S.T.R.E.S.S.E.D. right about now. On top of this big move, trying to sell the house, etc., I can't quit my job. My boss was on vacay this past week so I was running the place, then it's another coworker's turn to be on vacay and I can't just leave my boss high & dry. (We're friends and I really do care.) I've been working 13 hour shifts and coming home late at night to paint, purge, clean whatever I can, getting very little sleep.

I'm looking at houses online and one at the top of my list has a pool and for the first time in my life I am considering buying a bikini. Dottington, you inspired me to do so.
  • Candidcamster-Ugh Stupid TOM always messes with my weight too

Hoopty-It was good! I guestimate that I burn between 300-400 calories an hour hiking depending on incline and how hard I push myself. The hike I did Monday probably burned around 1000 calories and yesterdays hike I would guess burned 1300. I know when my dad climbs the mountain he burns 3000 calories Thai food is my favorite! You should definitely try it Its pretty easy to make too once you get the hang of it. The only thing that can get frustrating is to get the noodle dishes right you can only make one serving at a time haha it helps with over eating though! That's nice your DH made dinner, is he a good cook?

abbyin-good luck with the zig-zagging!

k15g15-Good job staying within your goal!

KayMayWill-Your calories weren't really over that much, I'm glad you realize the scale being up is just due to weight weight from the salty foods. Just keep messing with your calories till you find what works best

1bighog-Yes! Get yourself a bikini! Sorry about how stressful everything has been for you You're so close to goal though! That's awesome

Ended yesterday at 2413. Realized 2100 would have meant my net calories would have been under 1000 and I think its because my net were under 1000 on monday that I was so hungry tuesday and wed. I did 8.5 miles in 3 hours. I don't even know how that happened. Broke one of my times actually I was feeling so pumped though and went really, really fast. I had planned on a 4 hour hike though and thought about extending it but realized I'd pushed myself going so hard and was super hungry. So I ended at 3 hours exactly.

Today I'm resting and aiming for 1700.