Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, I was planning on having my beloved Cheese Lovers pizza from Pizza Hut today, and decided not to. Mainly because in order to stay even NEAR my calories lol, I would have to practically starve myself and could still only enjoy a couple of slices for dinner (which isn't bad but my usual is 3 slices ). So instead I am having my regular dinner w/an extra Vita Muffin for dessert I think? We'll see, but that is so funny when you want to indulge but can't justify the calories.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I'm still around and calorie counting. Work has been crazy busy. I've worked 140 hours in the past two weeks and have another 70+ hour week ahead of me. I have not been doing "formal" exercise, but I have been running around the church like a crazy woman getting ready for VBS next week! I have been tracking my mileage and am racking up 2+ miles everyday.

Calories have been under. I'm just not finding the time to eat, which even though it sounds good, I know it's not! Glad to see that everyone is doing well!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 393/385/250

Height: 5'7"

My goal is to stay under or right at 2,000 calories. I'm at 1,865 for the day so far, but I have a few hours until bedtime so it may get a little higher. Today at work, I was walking down an aisle and felt a little dizzy...I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough and spacing food out every couple of hours at work, but obviously something is going on. Did anyone else have this problem when first cutting calories?
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1342/1350. At least I was closer to goal today then way under it hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #365  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Great job everyone! I kinda fell off the wagon last week, gained a couple pounds and stayed away this week until I had lost my gain. But I got right back into it and lost it quickly, thankfully

Rambo923, I experience dizziness/lightheaded-ness towards the end of the day when I don't eat or don't eat enough, but it usually happens close to bedtime for me. Is it hot where you are? I often get dizzy and need to sit down when I'm overheated and dehydrated - I actually get nauseous and vomit non-stop when I'm physical exerting myself and I get too hot. So check your water intake and make sure you're not over-exerting yourself, you could make yourself sick and end up in the ER!

Today I was 80 calories under and I walked away from pizza and chocolate mousse pie without issue. I also started Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred yesterday to add something interesting to my routine, but I'm only on day 2 and my thighs are already sore!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #366  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Candidcamster and futureformerfisher - Good job saying no and staying away from those temptations How many times have we given in and felt the regret and disappointment afterwards?! Keep it up!

Just a quick update:

Yesterday's calories: 1305, no exercise as I was super sore
Old 06-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo923 View Post
My goal is to stay under or right at 2,000 calories. I'm at 1,865 for the day so far, but I have a few hours until bedtime so it may get a little higher. Today at work, I was walking down an aisle and felt a little dizzy...I'm pretty sure I'm eating enough and spacing food out every couple of hours at work, but obviously something is going on. Did anyone else have this problem when first cutting calories?
Yes. Me. I'm about 3 weeks in. I lost 110 lbs counting calories in 2009-2010. Then had a big regain in 212. On both Thursday and Friday in the late afternoon, before I made dinner I was so exhausted I felt like I was going to pass out.

I was very happy because I had dropped 10 lbs in two weeks, but I realized I was really keeping my calories TOO low. I added back a few calories at lunch yesterday, and I felt fine.

I do remember this happened to me last time around as well-- usually in the late afternoon, and rather than realizing I'm hungry, I feel like I'm getting sick-- really faint and exhausted. Then, I eat dinner and I'm fine.

I'd say if you are feeling this way, you might want to add back some calories. On the "faint" days I'd only had 400 calories all day prior to dinner (I prefer to save calories for dinnertime) When I upped it to 550 calories (breakfast and lunch) I was fine. My plan doesn't include snacks, but that's just because I'm more of a meal-oriented person
Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Candidcamster-Great job saying no to the pizza and sticking to your goals!

texscrapper-woah! You are busy, hope you get a break soon!

Rambo-You've gotten lots of good advice already, all I'll throw in is that when I cut a lot of calories that happens to me. Or when I drop below 1000 net calories. It might be that your cut from what you were eating before is very large and your body is still adjusting. Does the dizzy feeling go away as soon as you eat? Maybe keep some nuts in your purse in case it happens again.

futureformerfisher-Great job getting back on track! Getting back on track is so hard and also nice job staying away from the pizza and pie!

Hoopty-Hope your weekend is going well Did you guys end up watching the horror movie?

ubergirl-Great advice

Ended yesterday at 1723 which I'm very pleased with. It was a rest day since I was so sore from my hike and from my arm workout earlier in the week. I went out to a party with my fiance last night for his friend's birthday. The friend owns a trendy little pizza place in Santa Monica and there was free wine, beer, pizza, and two kinds of cake! Luckily my food allergies kept me away from the food. They had a salad, but it was filled with cheese and avocado with a creamy balsamic. I'm sure it was good, but packed with calories Instead I had two small glasses of pinot grigio. Today I don't feel feel quite well, woke up with a sore throat and tired. Might go to the beach later, really need to get in a strength workout today or tomorrow. Calories will be around 1600.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #369  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

1300 today, and not feeling hungry either. I just need to motivate myself to exercise more!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 393/385/250

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'm wondering if I was maybe a little dehydrated that day because it hasn't happened since then. I usually have about 40/50 percent of my calories eaten by early afternoon so I don't think it's lack of food. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully my body will begin adjusting to the new intake. I'll definitely up my water intake to see if it helps...I'm hoping so because I don't want to add in more calories at this point.

I stayed on track today with just under 2,000 calories...I even ate Taco Bell for dinner without overloading It's nice to know that I don't have to give up everything I like, just maybe order something a little healthier off the menu. I'm feeling pretty confident that I can keep this up!

Last edited by Rambo923; 06-14-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #371  

1650/1600 yesterday - WI was today. I guess all the extra running around for work helped - I'm down 3 lbs since last week's WI.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #372  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dottington - I hope you feel better soon! Does it still feel weird referring to your bf as your fiance? We actually started watching "The Shining" but I fell asleep about 45min into the movie I was so tired from work that I couldn't keep my eyes open. When you do strength training, how many calories do you think you burn? I'm having a hard time figuring it out...

--
This weekend's recap:
1. I bought the ingredients for a carrot cake and didn't pick up anything else, no chocolate, no ice cream, no cake. I was super proud!
2. I used whole-grain flour and cut the amount of oil in half. I froze half of the cake and ate the other half on Saturday.
3. I could've ended the day right at maintenance calories if I hadn't stuffed my face with toast and jelly later that night (triggered by feeling all hyper and silly. Ugh.)
4. Started Sunday off healthy until I got into an argument with DH. Then we skipped going to the gym and I stuffed my face with toast, honey and brown sugar (who sprinkles brown sugar over honey toast?! Good Lord...). After that I ate the other half of the carrot cake.
5. We went over my sister's and had a barbecue with my family. We hadn't been together like that in a looong time. Even my brother's gf was there. I didn't eat too much since I was still full from all the sh!t I had earlier. Everybody told me that I had lost a lot of weight. I can feel and see it myself and it's really nice to hear that my family is starting to notice it, too.
6. Didn't exercise at all.

This was my second attempt at keeping my calories at maintenance on the weekend/splurge day. I have learned that I can walk by the junk food aisle and not pick anything up. But I still need to learn how to not let my emotions get in the way.

This week will be all about exercise and keeping my calories at 1500-1600. On Saturday, DH and I will be going to a "USA festival" so that will be a new weekend challenge for me.

/rant over
Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #373  

Hope you feel better Dottington!

1590/1600 today. Took hubby to a late lunch for Father's Day - yummy but still within cals!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #374  

I kept myself so busy around the house (in selling mode--it goes on the market tomorrow!) that I didn't have time to indulge on the weekend as I normally do, and I ended up dropping another pound which was a shocker because I've been steady at a pound loss per week...this puts me at 2.6 pound loss for the week!

I was going to lower my calories this week but decided not to in light of the loss AND I have to go to Branson Wed-Sat or Sun for my daughter's dance performance. We are staying in a condo so hopefully we can do some grocery shopping and not eat out so much.

I'm also going to try to get 2 workouts in today, 1 tomorrow, and 2 on Wednesday to make up for the rest of the week. I did work out once this morning; 1000m run, 100 ring push ups, 100 ring rows, 100 stability ball plank dumbbell rows, 100 stability ball single arm chest press, and 100 burpees completed in 25:47. I pushed myself HARD! There is the woman at workout who is so awesome, fast, and strong, and it was my goal to keep up with her. She finished just 44 seconds ahead of me, then we went for a 600m jog together after the workout to make it an even mile.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I had one bad day and that was the day before yesterday (the 14th) I ate too many crackers from Trader Joe's due to letting myself get too hungry & a Justin's Organic peanut butter cup. Since yesterday I've been fine though, I've kept to my calorie budget. I've decided to give up cereal for a little while and instead have fruit & almonds for breakfast.
Closed Thread