3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   I'm back (from ages ago) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/291578-im-back-ages-ago.html)

shabbyvintagelady 02-01-2014 11:22 AM

Hello.
May I join? Looks like many of you are doing really well.
I have been counting calories off and on for many years. Have been a little off plan so am trying to get started back today. I am short (5'1") and old so I try to limit my calories to 1000 - 1200.
I have approx. 20# to lose to get to my goal. I lost around 40# a few years ago doing low carb but just quit working for me. I have a terrible problem with sodium so am really trying to watch that.
I exercise by walking approx. 1 hour a day.
I have been bouncing up and down a lot the past year and just can't seem to get going with getting to goal, so I will appreciate any support and encouragement.
Have a great day.

GoingForGold82 02-01-2014 06:23 PM

toobig - thanks for the motivation!!

shabby - OF COURSE! I think we are doing well for the most part. p.s. - love your name and you can do it :-D

My last couple days have sounded like that Beastie Boys song Sabotage :-P Both in food and in work. Just the worst! But that is why we have this forum - to pick each other up when we start to slip. I am eating clean again starting tomorrow, and my new goal is 2 week2 under 1500 calories (w/ salads every day).

I have been more or less keeping up with exercise videos and hope to start running in mid-March so I can do a 5K by the end of April. Running (as much as I hate it) always sheds the pounds fast and makes my belly flatter.

I just joined MFP, so if any of you gals are on there I'm dropitlikeitshot3

toobig 02-02-2014 12:23 AM

I am going to go buy healthy food in the morning. Whenever anyone asks me for diet tips I always say find some low calorie foods that you like and eat them. Time to take my own advice. I hope everyone has a great day!

GoingForGold82 02-02-2014 09:45 AM

That's great toobig.

Official weigh in 157.8. Was sick all week (but not loss of appetite sick), and then partied on the weekend when I felt better. It could have been a lot worse. This week it's time to see 156. I'm not letting that # out of my sight.

diamond_girl 02-03-2014 05:42 AM

Welcome Shabby! Sorry I was AWOL, My son's 16th birthday this weekend. Official weigh in today 159.0. *\o/*
Glad your feeling better gold!
I too am very good at giving, but not following advice toobig!

Happy Monday!

toobig 02-03-2014 05:46 AM

Its Monday again and when I get up tonight to go to work I will have the official weigh in. I'm feeling pretty good about it. And its going to be a good week.

tdiprincess 02-03-2014 05:42 PM

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. It looks like everyone is doing alright.
Congrats on the losses and such! As well as just trying to get back on track!!
Welcome new ones such as shabby!

I think I'm finally back on track. I've been working on gaining motivation and I'm tired of losing a little bit of weight and then gaining it back. Besides not fitting in a lot of my clothes! :( this month in focusing on making sure I keep good track of my calories. I seem to do good for a couple of days and then I stop. Plus I just started a little 30-day ab challenge with a friend, so that is helping too. :)

toobig 02-03-2014 09:35 PM

182.5 this morning. Thankfully the water is draining back off. I plan to see 179 by the end of March. I WILL see 179 by the end of March.

tdiprincess 02-03-2014 11:45 PM

Toobig- I like your confidence!! I'm hoping to be around 175 at the beginning of March!!

diamond_girl 02-04-2014 06:13 AM

Welcome back tdiprincess.
Toobig: You WILL see the 170's!!

I'm having a problem with being tired all the time. Does anyone know of a high energy healthy food. I'm tired of being tired.

abbyin 02-04-2014 10:41 AM

I was tired all the time a few weeks ago. I started taking an iron supplement and in just a few days started feeling a lot better. Might be something to think about :)

diamond_girl 02-04-2014 07:21 PM

No, my iron is actually too high. I donate blood to regulate it. That's probably the issue not that I think about it, I missed my last donation. I bet my iron is through the roof.

I made a mistake before I was getting my blood work regularly of taking iron supplements. After I found out about my high Iron I was told you feel the same way as if you had low iron.

Time to schedule a donation.

GoingForGold82 02-04-2014 09:11 PM

So, my iron is so low, i have been turned away from giving blood. they put a drop of blood in a solution, and it it sinks, you have enough iron. if it stays there or floats to the top, you get turned away. It's so sad to see my blood drop quiver only to go to the surface. :-P

Ok - so here's the deal all. I am ALWAYS hungry these last couple days. What is up? I need some days where I'm not hungry so I feel normal. I fell into despair for about a minute and then was like, no, need to lose weight. I want to get in shape and feel good. Maybe I should start taking baths to get my mind off my insatiable appetite!

toobig 02-05-2014 04:00 PM

My iron is low but the supplements make my stomach hurt

diamond_girl 02-05-2014 09:05 PM

I can't take multivitamins I have to take individual of everything (one big huge handful) If I take the multivitamin I am on the floor writhing in pain. IDK what is in it that causes that, but I just don't do them anymore.