Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Positive Attitude, WTG on 4 straight days! Woo Hoo!

RollTideRoll, I'm so sorry for the late but am happy to welcome you in joining us!

I know I started this page about staying within a "streak" and I do still plan to come and support all of you here. But, I'm making some changes for myself. I've decided that during the week (Mondays thru Fridays), I'm going to do 1500 or less calories and give myself some leniency on weekends, holidays/special days.

I'm always a work in progress and always changing my mind about my plan. So in a month or less, I could be doing something different!

But, as I said, I will still be here to support you all. Please forgive my slackness at times!

Hoping you're all doing fantastically!
Liz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, hope everybody's weekend was awesome!

Liz45, you definitely have to find what works for you. You can always change your mind later if you're not getting the results you want. I recently made two big changes that seem to be working really well for me. I weigh myself every day (I know most people tell you the opposite, but it works for me!) I also added some whole grain carbs back in after trying to really restrict myself.

RollTideRoll, think about the progress you are making. You might not be ready to do everything at once, so do what you can, and add to it as you can. I've gotten better about exercising, but I do still say the only way I'll ever run is if a bear is chasing me. Or a zombie.

My new streak is up to 5 days! I'm proud of that because I had social events Friday and Saturday and went to a baseball game yesterday.
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #78  

Kelly, You are really swimming! Keep up the great work!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Hiya guys! Hope you are all well!! Got back from my hols 9lbs heavier!! Messed around for a week and am now back on it! Unfortunately i'm away again in a month and i figure it will take that long to shift the extra weight i've gained aaaaaand am likely to put some back on again as this ones a proper holiday as opposed to sitting around the in-laws place speed eating kit kats (yes i'm appalled too by that)! Such is life.....
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #80  

Hi Sheena. Enjoy your holiday. That's the one time I don't worry about food, period! That time should be enjoyed with no worries.

I've changed my calorie range around a good bit lately, some days deciding not to count cals at all but go back to intuitive eating. I think I'm going to try that again for a while, though I may be back to cal counting one day. We shall see.

Wishing all of you the very best.

Last edited by Liz45; 08-16-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Liz is it still working out for you? I tried intuitive eating and either i dont have a stop signal or i'm not listening!!
Sheena82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #82  

Sheena, I truly apologize for the late reply. I didn't see your post until just this minute.

I know what you mean about not having a full signal or that it's hard to know when you're hungry/full. Believe me. I have gone through that in the past with IE and just couldn't figure it out..

...but the past few days doing IE have been really good. I've been busy with family stuff going on, so being extremely busy is probably helping a lot. Even so, there are times when I want to snack and I do so with no guilt. Then some days or at certain times of day I'm feeling a little hungrier and "honoring my hunger". All in all though, I really do feel like I'm eating a lot less because I'm also learning to honor my "non hungry" times, too. Sometimes when I'm not sure I will drink a tall glass of water. It does the trick sometimes and other times I go ahead and eat a little something. I'm trying to pay attention to my satisfaction signals, by paying attention to the taste of the food. If the food gets to the point that it's not as tasty as those first few bites, I know I'm getting to the point of satisfied. There are times I have eaten a little beyond that to "full", but try not to go that far because I feel a lot better if I don't reach that point.

My jeans seem to be fitting a bit looser, but we'll see. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I hope this is the time that IE is finally clicking for me.

I'm writing through exhaustion, so please forgive me if I've rambled too much.

How have you been doing the past few days with Calorie Counting?

Last edited by Liz45; 08-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.