Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Positive Attitude, I get tired of chicken really fast, too. I know I shouldn't do it, but I eat whatever I want each day. I could definitely stand to eat better, but that's one thing I like about counting calories, feeling I have more variety. After trying so many "restrictive" diets over the years, this is the way for me. I figure as long as I stay under calories, I'm in good shape.

I'm so glad you are having good days!!! Keep it up! I also had a great day yesterday and working on another today!

Day 1: Success!

Let's all start this week on the right foot!

Last edited by Liz45; 07-15-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Liz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #32  

Day 2: Success

Working on a 30 day streak!

Let's make it a great day, all!

Last edited by Liz45; 07-15-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #33  

PA, You may have just squeaked by, but hey, as long as you're hanging in there and not going over, that's all that matters! WTG!!!

Cajun fries sound really good. Also, red meat is my favorite, too. I am eating potatoes, too, sometimes white potatoes, sometimes sweet potatoes. I love them both. I only eat a little at a time, though. I have been eating them without butter lately and finding I don't really need the butter. But if I do want it and it's within my limits I will have it.

I had a small steak and a 1/2 a baked sweet potato for supper, no bread. I was wanting something crunchy a minute ago so now I'm munching on .5 oz peanuts. They seem to be doing the trick. I wasn't stomach hungry, but mouth hungry and needed that crunch.

For my chocolate cravings, I've been relying on fudgsicles and hershey's kisses now and then. Love them both. The fugsicles only have 40 calories per pop, and on these hot days they really hit the spot.

Congrats again on your day 14! Awesome!

I hope everyone is hanging in there and doing great!

Have a great evening!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

I had my cheat on Saturday (and did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would ). I kind of got back on track on Sunday, but not totally. So I am counting yesterday as Day 1!

Liz - mouth hungry is the perfect way to put it! There are times when I'm not hungry, or even really don't want food, but my mouth still says "mmm, I want that."

Someone burned some toast in the office kitchen this morning and I wanted to hunt them down and mug them for it.

Last edited by Kelly R; 07-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #35  

ROFL Kelly, about the toast! I hear ya! lol

Congratulations on getting through Day 1!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Oh yeah, the gruesome mouth hunger. Even the peanuts didn't completely satisfy me, so I ended up with popcorn a little later and that finally made my mouth shut up with the begging. I still had the calories reserved though...sooo...

Day 3: Success!

Here is to everyone having an incredible day today! And, we will!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #36  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

I am falling off the wagon. I have had 3 days straight without proper exercise. Yesterday I was over my calories. (230 over) Today I am under by 1, plus I did some WATP. I just feel myself sliding down a slippery dangerous slope. I am still hungry and out of calories. Ugh! Time to get back on track. It's hard.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #37  

Mama Whitty, Hang in there. I know how you feel because I've been down that road many times. I don't think 230 over in cals is bad at all. Usually if I go over I call it a day and give in to anything, so WTG on not going too overboard!

Yesterday may have been just one of those days where your body craved more calories than usual. I have times like that, especially when TOM approaches. Congrats on not going over!

I love WATP, too! I have to force myself to exercise and walking with Leslie Sansone makes the time pass quickly.

I hope it's a great day for you today!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 274/218/130

Height: 5'3"

PositiveAttitude, congrats on 16 days! It's not always pretty, but you do what you can.

Mama Whitty, good luck. It's so hard once you feel yourself starting to slide, but staying under and working out is great. How do you feel about raw vegetables? When I'm having hungry days, I usually add some cucumber or bell peppers. It fills me up without adding too many calories. It's not my favorite snack, but it does the trick!

I stayed under again yesterday, so my streak is at 2!

Good luck to all of us today!
Kelly R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #39  

I do love cucumbers and carrots, but I am just being lazy right now. I did end up going over yesterday. I had half of a protein bar. So it ended up being 94 calories over. Today is a new day. I was so lucky to be down another pound, so I am ready to get back on track. My calorie limit is 1200 according to MFP & sometimes I find it really hard to stick to. (especially with exercise) Thanks for the encouragement Kelly R, Positive Attitude, & Liz45.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 07-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #40  

Good Morning Everyone!

Positive Attitude.. You are rockin'! I was thinking, the ton of exercise, which is a good thing, lol ... but may have been part of what made you feel hungrier. When I do a lot of extra physical activity, I tend to get hungrier. Congrats on day 16! Woo Hoo!

Kelly, I want to congratulate you on Day 2 also!!! WTG!!!

Mama Whitty, MFP is a great source. Lord knows I'm no expert, but I know from my own experience that when I exercise a lot, I do tend to need more food. I'm not in any way putting down MFP because they are the experts. lol

But I wanted to share what elvislover324 posted on another thread: "For women, the easy method of calculating calories is taking your goal weight and multiply it by 10. For maintenance calories, take your current weight and multiply by 10. (This assumes little to no exercise so you might need to eat a bit more if you feel hungry.)"

This made sense to me. I hope it helps you, because I know how miserable it is to feel hungry constantly when trying to lose.

I forgot to mention that Day 4 was a Success! Working on Day 5 of 30!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #41  

Liz that totally makes sense. So I would be undereating at 1200 calories, though not be much. I am going to stick with that number since I am following MFP, but sometimes I wonder if I am eating enough.

My sister just had a baby today, so we went to see my new niece at the hospital. Let's just say I failed considerably in my choice of lunch food. I am not gonna worry about it since I am going to workout tonight, but I need to figure out how to make myself stick to my goal. This is such a great site that gives me motivation daily.

On another note, I just purchased the fitbit 1, I am so excited to try it out. I go on vacation this Saturday for two weeks. I think this will be a great tool in my diet success.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #42  

Mama Whitty, on your new niece! I can understand not staying on plan on such a special day! And tomorrow is a new day!

Awesome on the Fitbit! I hope you enjoy it and your upcoming vacation!

Last edited by Liz45; 07-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #43  

Thanks Liz. I ended up going to get her Chipotle since it's her favorite and she hadn't had anything to eat since 8 last night. I knew I shouldn't have ordered anything, but I did anyways. I was so disgusted with myself that I only had half.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #44  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi all. Have room for one more?!

I was on WW off/on for almost 3 years and started counting calories out of curiosity then as time went on, I decided calorie counting is the way to go for me.

Today is day one of counting calories and so far so good!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #45  

Welcome amandie! I find that this is a great thread for us calorie counters. I am also in your current challenge. I am not as active in that thread, but look forward to entering my weight tomorrow at check in.

I also did WW, but find I am having more success with MFP and calorie counting.

Edited to add: I am under my calorie goals today. Finally and Yay! Loving my new fit bit.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 07-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.