Introductions - 2010-2012

You're on Page 6 of 25
Go to
  • Screen Name: peace4me

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: I have a wonderful husband that I love dearly.

Hobbies and Interests: Spending time with my husband, reading, watching my favorite tv shows, going to the movies, cooking

Favorite Music: I love all kinds! (The beatles, george strait, The killers, etc)

Favorite Color(s): Green, Red, Blue, Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Weight lifting, walking, elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy, toned, strong, happy with my body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's been a constant struggle throughout my life, and finding out that my family has many health problems has prompted me to get busy taking care of myself while I am still young.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have major issues with portion control and finding the motivation to workout consistently

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Learn how to keep track of my calories, learn how to manage portions, learn to embrace exercise without complaining.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No evil motivation, but I am definitely inspired by jkinboston89. She is beautiful and I would love to look as great as her one day.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Dresses! I have always loved the femininity that dresses offer and I would love to feel comfortable enough to wear them (any style of dress) one day.
  • Screen Name: Vernie822

Age/Age Range: 19 (almost 20!!)

Family Life: Oldest of 5 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl! My brothers are 17, 12 and 9, and my sister is 14.

Occupation: Full time student, but in the summer I work at a local bakery, also as a math tutor and babysitter.

Hobbies and Interests: My passion is math. I also love baseball. I love being around my friends and family and just enjoying life. As far as activities go, I was a cheerleader for ten years. I also enjoy swimming. Running and walking are my exercise of choice when I'm not at college using the machines!

Favorite Music: I'm a huge country music fan but I also love alternative, rock, top 40 stuff too!

Favorite Color(s): Navy blue, pink, yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love running and walking because it just is so peaceful to me. At school, I like to use the elliptical (sp?) as well as the treadmill.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy and have a bikini body. I want to get on track where I can work out every day and continue that during the school year. I also want to be eating healthy and not constantly eat sweets and replace meals with snacks, which sometimes happens at school.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized after my freshman year at school that my stomach and legs were much bigger than I thought. Even after eating healthy for a week, I feel so much better!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with convenience. I work early (4 AM) on the weekends and I absolutely struggle with trying to not eat the bakery foods. Also, this makes me tired and not want to work out the rest of the day. I struggle with consistency because my friends like to go out to eat, and I feel bad declining. I am learning to make time to exercise even if it means waking up earlier. I struggle with sleep, because on the weekends, sometimes I only get 4 hours or even less because I work so early. I am realizing how vital it is to get 8 hours of sleep a night.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise daily and stick with it, stop eating out/eating sweets and snacks, and stay consistent!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Not really a certain person, but I can say I would like to look like the models and girls my age who have flat stomachs!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A BIKINI!! For sure!!!
  • Screen Name: Miss Mae

Family Life: Live my with my boyfriend and our 4 yr old son

Hobbies and Interests: music, camping, shopping

Favorite Music: Rock

Favorite Color(s): Black and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: My elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthy, at this point weight is not so much of an issue.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? None of my "fat" clothes fit anymore!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Anything with sugar!! I have a huge sweet tooth.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating better, eating less and keeping motivated.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : A friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that fit right!
  • Screen Name:Melissario

Age/Age Range: 20's

Family Life:Married 2 years in Aug./Son 2yrs old

Favorite Music:Metal

Favorite Color(s):Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I love walking & also do Jillian micheals 30 day shred.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be healthier & look good doing it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sugar Cravings

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Right now i seem to have a control on things.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? A friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skirts & shorts
  • Screen Name:Vintage Bunny

Age/Age Range: 19 (will be 20 in september)

Family Life: ugggh... a long term boyfriend, who's being a major douche bag rite now... =/

Favorite Music: almost everything, but i guess electronica and power pop.

Favorite Color(s): purple & lime green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: i love dead lifts and squats! and if i could marry the elliptical, i would.

What are your fitness/health goals?
    to have the body that a girl as genetically gifted as i am should.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    lack of routine. (it's HORRIBLE... i'm talking about laziness and bad habits that have reached critical mass.)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? having a solid enough routine to eat 6 meals a day and work out regularly, actually believing that i am capable of achieving my goals, and acknowledging when i am neglecting a priority before i'm already suffering.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
    every ****ing body... just kidding. i just want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and see someone that i would date, or admire. i want to feel stunning, and i want to be prettier than any girl i ever saw that made me feel like i couldn't compete.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    a bikini. i've never had one, but always wanted one.
  • Screen Name: tomorrowsme

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Living with partner

Hobbies and Interests: Crafts (crochet, scrapbooking, etc.), cooking, writing, music

Favorite Music: Depends on my mood. I have a soft spot for 90s alternative rock, since it's what I was listing to during my formative years, but I'll listen to anything- classic rock, pop (current and 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s), country, rap. Oh, and Moxy Fruvous. Workout music is mostly pop and techno.

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill (walking now, want to start running once I get halfway to goal), resistance/weights

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to 1) get fit enough to have healthy babies in a couple of years and 2) to get small enough to fit places (restaurant booths, airplane seats, etc.). And someday I want to run at least a 5k, actually run.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have just over a year before I turn 30, and I don't want to be fatter than I was when I turned 20. I was about 315 when I turned 20.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Persistance. I have a very long journey, and I have always hit a wall where I just want to stop tracking and eat cheese.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    1. Staying on track and recording everything I eat.
    2. Staying under 2200 calories a day.
    3. Exercising more than 2x/week.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Not that evil- I want to look better than I've ever looked.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Pants/jeans that actually look good, and not like clown pants. Also, heels.
  • Screen Name: Image

Age/Age Range:49

Family Life:Single with b/f. Two grown children and one grandson.

Hobbies and Interests: photography , animal rescue.

Favorite Music:Rock, blues, big band

Favorite Color(s):yellow/ orange/ blk

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking/bike.

What are your fitness/health goals?To get back into the habit of working out daily. Weight loss of course.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Saw my photo from my son's wedding shower.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sugar. It's a total addiction. I can't go a day without it. Also, depression and fatigue.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?Sugar control, more exercise and more water.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :Myself, three years ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A decent size pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt that doesn't show the rolls.
  • Screen Name: PhoebesMum

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life: Married with a brand new baby daughter

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gardening, running

Favorite Music: Electronica, Dance, Pop, Retroactive

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, Yoga, Strenth training

What are your fitness/health goals? Lost the weight I gained during my pregancy and then lost an additional 20 pounds.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    Need to get back into my prepregnacy clothes for when I go back to work.
    Want to be healthy for my daughter as well make sure that I am teaching her to take care of herself with good eating habits and exercise.

Emotional eating. I struggle with depresssion and eating is a way to help me cope.

Tracking my food
    Menu Planning
    Creating and sticking to exercise routine

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
    My friend who had a baby last year. I want to show her that I can lose the pregancy weight and I just dont have to settle like her.

Don't really have any thing special. I just want to be able to fit into clothes in most stores.
  • Screen Name:ChubbychickNOmore

Age/Age Range:23 will be 24 in August! =)

Family Life: I live in TN with my husband who is in the Army. I have a beautiful dog and cat by the name of Sophie(dog) and Lucy (cat)

Hobbies and Interests: i enjoy walking my dog, love yoga, dancing as I clean my house, and having date night (tuesday movie nights)

Favorite Music:i listen to alternative christian music but occasionally listen to r&B and hip hop.

Favorite Color(s)urple and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga and tae bo but ive gained weight to tae bo got way harder for me to do, but its a great workout!

What are your fitness/health goals?I eat horrible. I love all the wrong fatty foods such as fried chicken and wings. I really want to change my relationship with food. I dont want to live to eat but eat to live. I want to start treating my body better by feeding it the right foods. And i love to exercise but i have become soo lazy. That changes now!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I used to like looking in the mirror and even though i still do its a bit more painful especially because when i gain weight i can see it in my face and neck. Im not comfortable in my own skin and that is affecting how i carry myself and my comfort level with my own husband.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? fast food, wings, (i crave meat a lot), lack of portion control from me and my husband. I also love to cook i just dont know how to cook healty.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : i want to look better than myself 4 years ago lol..i was at 175 then lost 40 punds a year later and was at 135. My goal is to look better than i did when i weighed 135. (i weigh around 175 again!!)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a little black dress. Something about a little black dress that makes me feel soo sexy.

_________

Im at 175 right now my goal it to weigh 120 at 5 feet.
    I know i can do it, i just need the right support and lots of will power!!!

First mini goal is 169!
    2nd mini goal is 159!
    3rd mini goal is 149
    4th mini goal is 138
    5th mini goal is 128
    6th mini goal is 120!!!! Im will be thrilled!
  • Screen Name: Kallismom

Age/Age Range: Just turned 33

Family Life: Happily married with 2 daughters and 3 dogs

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out with my family, reading, arts, and crafts

Favorite Music:All sorts of music from classic rock to new pop and some of everything in between. I am absolutely NOT genre loyal!

Favorite Color(s): I love citrus colors - lemon yellow, lime green, and orange.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing

What are your fitness/health goals?Have energy and be rid of achy joints

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not one thing in particular. I am just sick of looking at how much weight I have to lose and it seeming to be such a long and daunting process, only to let another year pass and realize I could have already been at my goal weight by now ten times over.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Being consistant (especially in social situations).

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?Letting myself become too hungry to make wise choices
    Eating foods that I know will cause physical discomfort
    Making myself a priority

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Me for the past 14 years.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?Clothes that FIT!
  • Screen Name: oliconnelly

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: single, still at home with my mother and younger brother. "dating" over the internet. P:

Hobbies and Interests: reading, writing, drawing, swaps, snail mail, movies, music

Favorite Music: all kinds~! my favorite band, though, would have to be Say Anything. :3

Favorite Color(s): red, pink, and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical~.

What are your fitness/health goals? For one, I want to be at a healthy weight for the first time in my life. I've started having a lot of trouble out of my left knee. It's arthritic. At 21! This scares me, and so I'm trying to change it.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well...quite honestly....the realization that I want to meet and, one day, marry James, my "boyfriend." I want to look good for him. lol

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? having to eat on a budget. Dx

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise waaaay more. Eat more vegetables. Change my Wendy's salad choice. D:

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : hmm....my mom, for one. >.> She's been belittling me for almost 21 years because of my weight. And, I want to prove to her that I CAN do something right.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? omg. so many things! lol just...cuter things that don't make me look like I'm in my 40's.
  • Screen Name: GMCMOMMY

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life:married with 2 children

Hobbies and Interests:Working out, quilting

Favorite Music:all; really enjoy classic rock

Favorite Color(s):blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walk/jog

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to reach a weight that gives me a healthy BMI and in addition would like to reach a weight that is in the healthy range for my age and build,

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? April 2009 dh had incident (suspected heart attack at 33) and we reevaluated our lifestyle. We would like to see our grandchildren some day.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? We are always on the go and sometimes it is difficult to pack a healthy meal all of the time.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. longer workouts 2. writing down my information in a journal 3. always packing my lunch.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : no one in particular. I just want to look good.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a sexy bathing suit.
  • Starting out new...
    Screen Name:

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:

Hobbies and Interests:

Favorite Music:

Favorite Color(s):
    Any color but purple!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
    Walk 7 miles per week on average, trying to build up to 15 miles.

What are your fitness/health goals?
    To lose weight, and be healthy. I want to learn how to make good eating decisions as a second nature

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    I HAVE ALWAYS been dieting. I really don't have a certain point. I have tried so many fad diets that is not even funny, I have tried diet pills. The whole point is I just haven't been able to stay on it.

Staying consistent, I always fall off and its the end for me. I am a "social" eater. I eat when everyone else eats, and I eat excessfully around others. By myself, I don't eat 1/2 as much. My biggest is just staying consistent.

stop yo-yo dieting, listening to everyone else, and lose weight for myself.

lol, I want to look better than I do right now!

A two piece bikini again, and shop at the mall without a problem. Goodbye Torrid hello my old american eagle jeans : )

A little more about me:

I am a new member on here, but I have known about this site for quite awhile. The people I see on here who have counted calories and lost weight have inspired me to count calories. I have been counting calories for 2 weeks now, and I already feel better!! If you have any advice about my regitiamate below then please let me know because I want to lose this weight now that I am young so I don't have this burden the rest of my life!!!!!!

Regitamate:

1400 - 1500 calories per day

Walk at least 7 miles a week.

I used a calorie counter on my cell phone, and it has really helped. I weighed 255, and I am not going to weigh myself but once a month because I am really bad about obcessing myself with the scale!!. I use to weigh 145 pounds back in 2006, and after I had my daughter I began to stress out and the weight just piled on. I gained weight in 2007, and I have been yo-yoing from 225 to 255. I gain and lose that 30 pounds constantly, and I am ready to bypass all of it. I am ready to lose the weight!!! So I do need some support I will try to post everyday! So be my buddy if you would like to be!!!!
  • Screen Name: Mommy in Motion/Dagny

Family Life: married with two children

Hobbies and Interests: running, yoga, hiking, camping, photography, books, movies, music, poetry, you name it! Oh, and coffee. I am very, very interested in coffee.

Favorite Music: Mostly punk, but I listen to a wide range of stuff.

Favorite Color(s):

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, and weight training. I love challenging myself with weights.

What are your fitness/health goals? Once, in the not so distant past, I was a very active and healthy person. I want to be that person again.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's always pictures! Family portraits 4 years ago started me on my journey. Then I got comfortable and the weight crept back on. I saw pictures of myself on my friends birthday party, and realized how much I had let myself go again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating

1)Food journaling/calorie counting (I used to swear by it but haven't been consistent in a long time
    2) Drinking more water!
    3) Making the time to workout, instead of expecting to magically "find" the time

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My co-worker

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I don't have an incentive outfit yet!
  • Intro.
    Screen Name: Chubs192

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Living with the Boyf'

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Films, Music, Travelling.

Favorite Music: Acoustic, Folk, Country

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Long walks, Sex.

What are your fitness/health goals? Get to 150lbs.

My nurse told me I was overweight, nearing obese for my height.

Boredom eating, finding motivation to exercise.

My exercise needs to be structured, I work better with plans and lists.
    I need to stick to my stopping of drinking beer and wine and fizzy.
    More water has to be consumed. I dehydrate easily at the best of times.

My sister who calls me fat subtley or not so much every few days.

My pretty dresses, corsets and black silk shorts