Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Default Kinda went off plan....now it's hard to get back.

We went on vacation and my good eating and calorie counting kinda went to the wayside. We'll I'm back and it's almost been a week and I am having such a hard time getting myself back into the swing of things. I am always hungry for bad foods, craving the wrong things. I need to get some encouragement to get back into gear. Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, what did you do?
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

You can do it. Maybe what you need is a mental break from your trip. If you don't keep a paper journal, try it for a few days. If you've just got back from vacation maybe you could go to the grocery store to restock up on heathly fresh foods with a healthy mindset. Make a list of things you might like to eat and their calories and avoid all the junk. Try something a little different or give yourself a different calorie goal for a few days while you get readjusted. You can do it!
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You're not alone! Many, many people have this happen. Don't wait for another day to pass--make your plan NOW for tomorrow and then follow through on it! It won't just happen on it's own, as if by magic.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #4  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I had a little trouble when I got back, but I was pretty good while I was away. I drove cross country and took my own food so I wouldn't be at the mercy of fast food along the interstates. Of course while in Nashville everyone wanted to cook for me, and southern food at that. I ended up not gaining anything which was good.

As far as getting back into the swing of things... of course the best way is to never really go off. Otherwise I think you are just going to have to employ some will power. Was there anything you usually have on plan that you really missed while away? I was craving my pork chops and my spaghetti so bad I HAD to make both of those when I got back and they are both on plan meals.

One thing I do when I am wanting to stay is down a glass of water as fast as I can, do jumping jacks, walk up and down the stairs in my house (3 floors) 4-5 times. One or the other usually does the trick to put me off food for a bit.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/198.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I understand how you are feeling. I was on vacation the last two weeks. I gave myself more freedom because it is hard to control things when you aren't in your own kitchen. I was in California for part of the time and was really enjoyed that they had nutritional data available at the table. ....but after one meal I found out that I had really gone over part way through it. And in a later meal I found out that my breakfastes were not too good for me either.

I felt like I should of known better.... that I really screwed up and now it was all over. Since I already went over I felt like having even more things I shouldn't of. My husband actually said that he was really impressed with me being so good while on vacation. I told him how much I went over and he gently laughed at me and reminded me how much better I was eating even so.... (ie salads, smaller sizes, healthier choices)

...and now I'm back I'm eating on my plan again. I lost another 4 lbs since being back.

I think about it this way. ...I really enjoyed my vacation, I really enjoyed eating things I wouldn't normally eat... It was a good vacation and now I'm back.
babybluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #6  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I feel your pain! I went off plan for a week after my oral surgery. Hello milkshakes, pudding and anything I could put into my mouth. This week has been really rough with me craving naughty food and wanting to just stuff my face with whatever, whenever.

I usually allow one high-calorie day per week and I ended up using that up Tuesday night when my sister called and asked if I wanted to go out to dinner.

I've had to do a lot of self-motivation to stay on plan the rest of the week. Including asking myself what I REALLY want and is snacking on junk food really worth it. I've allowed myself ice cream cones (worked into the plan, naturally) so I don't feel like I"m missing out. And, it's slowly getting easier..... slowly. All I can say is be strong! Stay busy and treat yourself to some fun activities instead of food. It gets easier... hang in there!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I hear you!!! And I've lost my calorie counting buds....I need strength and desire. Maybe I'll try to put on a pair of pants that I KNOW will be too tight for motivation...
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #8  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Yeah... Been there. Done that. Have a whole closet of t-shirts.

I am recently back and back on track after a seven month hiatus that resulted in most of my hard work wasted by gaining back so much of my weight. I feel like a fool and am so angry with myself. But, if I don't do this and keep trying, I will never succeed. Is this the time it is going to happen? Is this the magic hour for me?

**** if I know. But I am taking a run at it, none the less.

Getting back on track. Not easy. But doable. I just had to have a long talk with myself and determine that I was ready to do this, again.

*hugs*
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #9  
~jus' being me~

I think we need a 'its ok that we are still trying to lose this weight' thread. Its funny, I dont judge any of you for getting off track, but today its particulalry difficult for me not to judge me. Having said that, most days if I am heading in the right direction - eating food that makes me feel good and moving my body - then my head feels good too and the guilt of the 're-do' is not so strong . . .
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote