Old 03-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

Thumbs up Starting TODAY again.

I was very sucessful on calorie counting. I counted calories for a little over a year and went from 170 lbs to 138 lbs. I then stopped, slacked off, and ate bad foods... I gained weight and am now 158 lbs and miserable because of it. All of my hard work went to waste when I didn't maintain my new weight/body. Now, I am determined to get back to my goal weight that I had achieved : 138 lbs. I was there once by calorie counting, and I can get there again!

Starting today, I'm not looking back... I'm determined to succeed and I will get back to 138 lbs. I wish everyone else much luck, strength, and discipline.

determined2succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back - I understand your frustration. I lost a great deal of weight in 2001 only to regain it. So here I am back at calorie counting.

The positive side is that you already know that you can be successful at this. You previous hard work is not wasted - the knowledge will help you be a success the second time around.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/230/163

Height: 5'11"

I wish you much luck. I definitely feel for you and your frustration. I worked so hard on getting 75 lbs off after having my daughter in 2006 and ended up gaining 30 lbs back over the course of 2007 and am so upset with myself but am motivated to get it off! Good luck!
overit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Good luck! You can do it!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/207.4/150

Height: 5'4"

good luck...you can do it! i started about a month ago, and i count calories, workout, and drink lots of water. i lost 5.5 lbs in the first month. you can do it too.
mamachick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #6  

Thanks so much, Ladies! I'm really going to do it again -- I just know it! i've set a mini goal for myself for April 18th (best friends bachelorette party) which will coincide well with a cruise to Mexico the following week with my boyfriend! I can't wait to count calories and stick with it! I'm also going to be taking Alli, Hoodia, and Lean 7 which I ordered last night. Finally, I'm drinking the 3 Ballerina's Dieters tea which helps to cleanse your system and get rid of water retention. That should help too with the food cravings, etc. Thanks again, Ladies!

Last edited by determined2succeed; 03-16-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #7  

Best of Luck!!!
I used to weigh 132....sigh.....
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #8  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

with your goals Determined! You look like you got a plan in action already! We will be here to support you all the way!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #9  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Determined, I don't take any weight loss supplements, so I don't know much about them... but is it safe to take all three of those simultaneously? Just wanted to check
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #10  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I love your enthusiasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenestealer View Post
Determined, I don't take any weight loss supplements, so I don't know much about them... but is it safe to take all three of those simultaneously? Just wanted to check
I was wondering the same thing. If you're eating a reduced calorie, balanced diet, shouldn't that get you to your goal? Or, if you feel that you need something extra, maybe limit it to the one you think is most effective?
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #11  

I was actually wondering the same thing, but I did some research on each of them before ordering them... They should get here in a few days.

The Alli stuff is a fat blocker. Basically, it doesn't let some of the fat you eat get digested/absorbed, and it passes through you without being stored. So, when you eat a little bit of fat, it forces your body to start burning the stored (body) fat. So, I thought that would be a good thing to do in addition to the low-cal dieting. Also, it's FDA Approved.

The Hoodia stuff is simply an appetite suppressant. I find that I tend to eat a lot (and big portions) so I figured if I took something that would lessen my appetite it would help with the calorie-counting lifestyle. Hoodia is natural as well, and there's a lot of literature out there about it. Apparently, it's safe and natural.

Now, the Lean System 7 stuff is supposed to boost your metabolism. I may actually hold off on taking that and perhaps save it for when I hot a plateau or start working out regularly. I think that the Alli stuff + Hoodia should be good enough.

Thanks so much for bringing this up! I just look at these pills as little helpers, whereas the calorie counting itself is all that matters. I know it works because I lost 30 lbs last year doing it! It makes you feel good to count your calories... it feels good recording it, and having control over what goes in your mouth. I love CC and I'm so grateful to have you ladies and all your wonderful support.

We can all do this together!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back D2S!! Missed you!

I dunno much about the pills either - IMHO they might help in the short run - but are they going to help you maintain your loss? Doubtful. Just something to think about.

So glad to see you back! You're such an enthusiastic chickie
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #13  

Gina!!! It's great to be back! Remember way back when I was losing the pounds and super happpy about it? Well, I'm back for some more! I'm trying to lose the same weight I lost the last time around... and this time, I'm going to keep it off!!! It feels great to be back and getting on track... after a few weeks of this, I'll feel back in the groove of things... thanks for the warm welcome from you and everyone else!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #14  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by determined2succeed View Post
I was very sucessful on calorie counting. I counted calories for a little over a year and went from 170 lbs to 138 lbs. I then stopped, slacked off, and ate bad foods... I gained weight and am now 158 lbs and miserable because of it. All of my hard work went to waste when I didn't maintain my new weight/body.
I would have to say that not ALL your hard work went to waste. You've caught yourself 20 pounds up, not all the way back, and not all the way back and then some. Twenty pounds is doable. Best wishes.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #15  

Best of Luck....I'm sure you'll do great
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote