Default Sausage and Cheese Breakfast cups

These are REALLY good!

4 oz turkey sauage or crumbled turkey bacon
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
5 large eggs
1 12oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup l/f shredded chedder cheese

preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with baking cups. Cook the sausage, pepper, and onion for 5 min or until sausage is no longer pink. Spoon mixture into a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in eggs and mushrooms. Divide evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 min or until egg is set.

YOu can also spray the muffin tin and not use the baking papers....but they are better with the papers!
I make them at night about twice a week, they are great to pop in the microwave in the morning!

Jenn
MommaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #2  

Thanks for this recipe, I made them today and they are great!

Note, it may be useful to know that as per the SBD recipe book, this recipe is for 6 muffins. Dummy me didn't know and I spread it out into 12 muffins (which seemed to work fine).
CatsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #3  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

They are great! I made a batch and froze them two in a pack in saran wrap to take to work with me. I used turkey sausage and I too made them into 12 muffins so technically I am shorting myself LOL. Nah..I am good to go with 2 mini's and coffee.

I will try the southwestern egg beaters next time.
tori34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #4  
On the way down!!!

I substitute Egg Beaters for all shell eggs in these recipes. I also use the foil liners. They work MUCH better than the paper ones. I also change up the vegetables that I use each week. I have been making these each week since I started SBD on 7/19/04, and never get sick of this recipe!

-Elissa
elissacpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Just a hint... I used to use paper, then tried the tin foil cups, they both were a lot of work to get at the muffins. I started spraying the cups (without paper) with Pam and when ready to eat I just take a fork and slide it around the edges and they pop out so easy! Clean up isn't that difficult either. Just be sure to wipe any excess off the top of the pan (around the muffins themselves.)
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I made them today and they were ok. I think my turkey sausage was too sweet though. Maybe instead of a breakfast sausage, I will go with a sweet italian or even spicy.

I used spinach and mushrooms and added a dash of hot sauce to the egg. Pretty convenient.

I sprayed with PAM and they literally fell out of the muffin tin. My batch made 9 full muffins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (39.9 KB, 85 views)
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #7  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Talking

I made these today I didn't make them with the mushroom, green pepper or onion because I didn't have them on hand, plus I wanted my boyfriend to try them and he doesn't like those ingredients. They were fabulous! I used 5 eggs, 4oz turkey bacon and just a pinch of shredded cheddar on top of each. It yielded 9 for me. I these will be a regular for me and I will add the onions, peppers and mushrooms next time!
Highly recommended!
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I thought these were good, however, I didn't like the texture of the canned mushrooms. Next time I'll probably sauteed fresh and substituted for the canned with some green peppers.

Definitely a good recipe to play around with the add-in's for variation.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I made egg cups using crumbled breakfast sausage and cheese only. Had my veg on the side. It nipped my cravings for a nasty greasy breakfast sandwich in the bud. They helped me survive through phase 1.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #10  
Returning Chick

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1

These sound delicious and I definitely want to try them! To those of you who microwave them in the morning, how long do you set the microwave to cook?
Strawbryrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #11  
Returning Chick

S/C/G: 195/185/135

Height: 5'1

I just made these, but I used shredded turkey and sausage, along with 3 types of cheese to keep a variety in the freezer. Boy, do they really fluff up! I thought the cups looked a little low, but I popped them in the oven anyway. They came out looking, indeed, like little muffins! I don't know how they taste yet, as they're still cooling.
I have an over-abundance of eggs due to my 8 precious little hens (they lay about 14 every two days for 2 people... oh my...), so this may be a great way to use some of them up.
Strawbryrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default real sausage/bacon?

turkey bacon has a lot of salt, any idea if I cold use real sausage and cut the amount in half? would that work? or could use real bacon crumbles?
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #13  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

I am making these today but will do crumbled turkey bacon in it and not a fan of mushrooms so just peppers and onions and maybe spinach as have a bag of that I need to toss into something today (bought it super cheap so that means use or it will end up in the trash shortly!)
pear_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 135/133/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to give these a try tonight with the Turkey Bacon, my biggest problem on Ph 1 is trying to find breakfast that is fast during the week, these sound perfect
Aldergrove BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Default Crustless Quiche Cups - The (almost) original SB Recipe

Ok, so this is VERY old, so probably no one will see it. I didn't even know I had an account, but took a guess with an old user name and password... SCORE!

This looks to be a pretty nice recipe that doesn't seem to say how many it makes. From what I've read here, it's might be only 6. What ever happened to the original SB crustless quiche recipe. And also, even that one uses whole eggs. Why not egg substitute? I've made it for years with egg subs., and they've been great. No onions or mushrooms in this recipe.

That recipe called for 8 eggs. I use just under 2 cups of egg substitute. Here's the recipe. (BTW... invest in silicone muffin 'tins'! No spraying, no papers, just let them partially cool in the pan). The recipe calls for Canadian bacon and to put it at the bottom of each cup. Not necessary, whatever breakfast meat you use and mix it in with the rest of the ingredients. I cut up 12 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links in small pieces (about one per cup). No need to make them just before you want to have them. These can be frozen! (see below)

4 oz. Canadian Bacon (or 12 indiv. breakfast turkey sausage links), diced
1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted & squeezed dry
1-1/2 cup rf cheddar, grated (plus some for sprinkling over the top of each muffin - optional)
1/4 sweet red (or green) pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese (I use non-fat)
8 eggs (I totally disagree with this ingredient... use egg substitute)
salt & pepper
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F
If needed, cook meat and cut up in small pieces (Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage is already cooked).
Mix all remaining ingredients except for salt & pepper and cayenne (if using).
Divide into 12 muffin cups, pressing gently
Whisk together eggs (or egg substitute), s&p & cayenne
Divide putting some in each of the 12 muffin cups
Sprinkle bits of shredded cheese on the top of each muffin (if using). It gives them a nice color when done.
Bake for 30 minutes
Once cooked & cooled a little, remove muffins to a cookie sheet and placed in the freezer.
When frozen, they can then be placed in a freezer bag without sticking together.
Pop one or two in the microwave for about 2 minutes (a little longer if 2), and voila! Instant breakfast!

VEGETARIANS: Use GimmeLean sausage. Make up patties and cut them up. I used this for years when my vegetarian daughter came back home for a bit, but continued using it long after.

Last edited by zynr; 01-08-2015 at 11:35 AM.
zynr is offline   Reply With Quote