Old 10-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #1  

Post Almond Crepes for the egg haters!

I'm new to all of this but I have scoured the breakfast recipes for phase 1. I don't like eggs very much and only like them once and a while. This is a variation on some other recipes. The almond flour is just finely ground almonds. It really takes it to the next level. Variety is the spice of life!

This makes four crepes. I eat two and save the other two for tomorrow or dessert so I don't have to cook and clean twice.

Set the burner to medium heat. I use a 6 inch nonstick skillet (very small) and a good blob of smart balance.

Beat with a whisk:
2 eggs
1/4 c ricotta
3 tbs cream cheese
4 tbs almond flour
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
2 packets of stevia/splenda/sugar substitute

It will be a runny batter. Pour in enough to just cover the bottom of the pan. The pancake will go from glossy to matte as it cooks. If you are daring and used enough smart balance, you can flip it in the pan to cook the other side. Otherwise, don't flip, just cook a little longer.

Put three small dabs of cream cheese in a row while the crepe is in the pan and fold the sides over. Slide on to plate. I put a little of Polaner's Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves on top.

I would also try this with:
lemon flavoring in the crepes and serve with sugar free cool whip with a little lemon juice mixed in

1 tbsp of cocoa in the crepes and then mix cocoa with SF cool whip for topping.

maple flavoring in the crepes and SF maple syrup on top

You could fill the crepes with sour cream instead of cream cheese....hmmm.

The possibilities are huge! Let me know what you think and other variations you think of.
sapphiresong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!!
I made these just now and they are DELICIOUS!! A great alternative to eggs! The recipe doesn't say to save the cream cheese or to add it to the batter. I did not add it to the batter and everything turned out fine. I would recommend adding some butter to the pan before each crepe. I didnt add butter to the pan (because my pan was nonstick and i dont need the butter for traditional crepes) and i couldnt get the crepe out =)
Enjoy!!

Last edited by Makaidyn; 02-11-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Makaidyn is offline   Reply With Quote