If you're looking to bake it yourself, I've made this recipe called "Ribbon Pumpkin Bread
" that I found on allrecipes.com. I've served it to a bunch of people and they have no idea it's low fat. However, I find that the batter is not enough to create two layers with the cream cheese inbetween - double the batter part of the recipe, and then a serving is one piece (1/14 of the loaf pan). I double the cinnamon and cloves to make it extra yummy. It freezes well.
Ribbon Pumpkin Bread
SUBMITTED BY: Beth Ask
"'No one will guess they're eating lighter when you serve moist slices of this pretty pumpkin bread with a ribbon of cream cheese inside,' assures field editor Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania."
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 40 Min
READY IN 55 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 14 servings
About scaling and conversions
* 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 2 egg whites
* 1 cup pumpkin
* 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 egg
* 2 egg whites
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. For filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour and egg whites in a bowl; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, egg whites and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts.
2. Divide half of the batter between two 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spread each with filling; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 slices) equals 107 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.