Plastic surgery?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Mainecyn are you comfortable sharing pics?
  • I would be, but I don't have my before and after pics from my surgeon yet. She took the before pictures at the hospital that day, and has taken pics at each visit.

I went every two weeks for several months for a visit. I see her again in Feb, it will be a year. I should be getting those pics. I do have a pic on my old phone taken before surgery, looking horrible, and then with my bandages. I can try to get those on to my computer.

I've kept them off the computer because I never wanted my husband to see the before pic.

I do have one side that to me is noticeably larger. It doesn't have extra fat or anything like that, its just fuller, and its on the left side at hip level. I had a fold in the muscle, a huge crease. It was noticeable before surgery as well and no matter how much she removed she could only do so much. I don't have "rolls" of fat standing, but that side poofs out a little more.

In all honesty, I hit a major depression after my surgery when I didn't see the results that I wanted to see, the one side being slightly bigger, not all stretch marks gone, not making it washboard tight. However, they can only do so much, skin will tear so will muscle, my age, the amount of weight lost. I am thankful and definatley would do it again but let me tell you. I had been at goal weihgt before surgery and stayed at it for months..then depression hit and I gained 30 lbs. All because I have obsessed over this one side not being as small as the other. I learned my lesson and woke up accepting the fact that some things can't be totally fixed but improved. I had this issue before surgery, the one side being larger than other. Is it still there, yes, is it anywhere like it was, **** no. Does anyone else really really notice it? Probably not. But it drove me over the edge.

I have spoke with a friend of mine from another site. She had hers done two years ago. She went thru the same thing, major depression when didn't get the results she dream t of, still had the issue of the skins over all appearance.Also, she didn't have the type of surgery I had, she had a basic tummy tuck. She still has loose muscle up and down her stomach. I got the T cut and while it scared me it is the best for people that have lost a great deal of weight. I also had two c-sections and a complete hysterc. done so I had already been cut across hip to hip three times.

I no longer have the back pain, can run and jump around without pain or flapping. I will never be a beauty queen, but I am 100% better than I ever was. It gave me self confidence I never had, has opened me up more with my spouse. I never ever would have had the surgery if I didn't have so much medical stuff going on due to hauling around that skin and the pain it gave. I also only had it because I had received money from a settlement. If I hadn't I never would have spent the money.

I would do it again in a second, for sure. It has changed me, made me the real me. I had lost all that weight and yet I still looked horrible and no one understood I was still hiding me in clothes and crying, depressed when i looked at myself.

The first night in the hospital wasn't too bad. The drive home, I went to Utah and I live in Wyoming, was horrible as well. I did ok when got home as long as I kept taking the pain meds and didn't let it wear off Those prescription pain meds will run out before the pain does. The first several days after I ran out of pain pills I cried, I sat in that stupid recliner chair and cried thinking I'd die. The drains, hurt like heck. I had two. They left scars but they do fade a bit. I had already had my kids, was married, and never a beach gower wearing bathing suits, so the scars really eventually didn't matter to me. I also told myself I could carry around those scars, of the 10 pounds of skin the dr removed..10 entire pounds.

My start weight really was similar to yours, I was 220+ and was 147 when I had my surgery. I had kept the majority of weight off for several years. Thats why I knew it was ok to go ahead with surgery.
  • Mine is scheduled and dep has been paid $2100 still have 6000 to go before 4/22. I've stalled and I'm so worried I won't make it to goal weight before surgery. I think I have realistic goals. I by no means hope or want to be "skinny " I've always loved the slightly "thick" look. I just don't want the apron it's disheartening
  • Yup, the apron is what I had removed as well it was horrible and gross
  • I'd love to see pics. You can inbox me if that's easier