Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

I think when it's a big hard round belly (like a lot of men have) that means it's more visceral fat (the kind surrounding your organs on the inside) and that's the worst kind- the kind that's most likely to contribute to heart disease and other issues. When it's kind of squishy and floppy on the outside, that's sub-cutaneous fat (the kind that's under the skin)- which may not be pretty to look at but isn't as deadly. So maybe it's a blessing in disguise to have this kind of belly.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
At 120lbs I still have a faint horizontal line bisecting at my bellybutton. When I bend my torso in, it folds there. It used to be the crease separating the top and bottom roll when I was bigger. I think it's just depends on how people are shaped if they have this or not. I still have that bottom pooch under my belly button, but the top is flatter. Still, when I draw my knees up, that's just where my tummy creases to create a top tummy and a bottom tummy.
Whoa I thought I was the only one!! I have never really been overweight and I have a horizontal crease just under my ribs. There is usually a red line there because it creases when I sit, or pretty much do anything. It's funny- very visible in my bikini pictures.

My fiance makes fun of me for it (in a nice way, just because it's one of those quirks about my body) and I've always been curious about it! Time to go hit up google and see what I can find about tummy creases...
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #18  
Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 265/195/150

Height: 5'3

I used to have 2 tummies and I started out at about your weight. As I am getting slimmer, both tummies are flattening into one.
keekles is offline   Reply With Quote