Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Default Breast lift...I'm definitely gonna need it...

I've only been dieting hard core for 3 weeks and prior to that moderately from January first, but I've lost a grand total of 22.5 pounds.

Here's the thing, I've always been a size C (when thin) or bigger (D) when plump and as I'm 40 I've begun to note some sagging. Now that I'm actually losing weight, well, it's that much more exaggerated.

I'm considering doing a breast lift when I've lost all my weight. No implants. I'm done with big boobs, thank you. Still, I'm concerned. Has anyone had ANY experience with this type of scenario before? Are you considering it in the future?
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I've done it. As long as you get a good doctor, it is worth it. You will be so much more comfortable. When I had the procedure done, I was about 135, down from my highest of 175. It was so nice to feel comfortable after. Unfortunately, after having 2 more children since the procedure, my skin apparently does not have great elasticity. If I had the money, I'd consider doing it again. Good luck!

Last edited by NicoleInCt; 03-10-2011 at 03:38 PM.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

Nicole can i ask how long the recovery time was and how painful it was? Thanks. I've been thinking of getting one for a long time. Also is there any scarring?
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh I feel your pain- I've lost 45 lbs and the girls are NOT the same anymore

I just bought some skin firming lotion that is supposed to help but if nothing at least it's hydrating my skin and hopefully lessening further damage!

I told hubby when the weight's off we are getting pregnant and then when I'm done with my kids I'm giving myself a breast lift! lol. I think I'll have earned it by then

I think when you get a breast lift you do get some sort of implant underneath the breast to help with the lift though.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #5  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I have the same plan after I'm done losing the weight and having the kids, I'm getting breast implants. (Not just a breast lift because there's not much to lift....)
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #6  

You know what? I've crunched the numbers and I don't think I will be able to afford one. Even with financing, the monthly payments will be too much for me as I am a divorced mom of three and I'm going through nursing school.

I wonder if there's any possible way for me to get excited about keeping my saggy old boobs....it's gonna take a lot of positive self talk to get that done.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Kellibelli. If you can't afford abreast lift just yet, treat yourself to some underwear that makes you and your boobs look really good. Go into agood quality lingerie store and I'm positive (if you ask) someone willbe able to point you in the right direction.

Not only will you feelmore confident about your boobs, but (i dunno about anyone else) ifind when i put on new underwear i always feel confident. No matter what I weigh, a new pretty bra and knicker set make me feel good about myself
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalJess View Post
Kellibelli. If you can't afford abreast lift just yet, treat yourself to some underwear that makes you and your boobs look really good. Go into agood quality lingerie store and I'm positive (if you ask) someone willbe able to point you in the right direction.

Not only will you feelmore confident about your boobs, but (i dunno about anyone else) ifind when i put on new underwear i always feel confident. No matter what I weigh, a new pretty bra and knicker set make me feel good about myself
I think you're probably right. In fact, I just went over to the thread that talked about saggying boobs and I have to say that after reading a few of the posts, I already feel a little better. I loved reading the posts by the women who admitted to having saggy, even scary boobs, but whose self esteem either wasn't affected by it or who just have the philosophy of "take me as I am" and if you don't then that's your problem. I love that attitude. Forgive the pun, but it's very uplifting.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #9  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
I think you're probably right. In fact, I just went over to the thread that talked about saggying boobs and I have to say that after reading a few of the posts, I already feel a little better. I loved reading the posts by the women who admitted to having saggy, even scary boobs, but whose self esteem either wasn't affected by it or who just have the philosophy of "take me as I am" and if you don't then that's your problem. I love that attitude. Forgive the pun, but it's very uplifting.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote