Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/201/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Mortified to post this...Strange fat "placement"

Okay I have nooo idea where to post this....but I'm starting to worry about this and I could never ask anyone this in person.

I've only lost 16 lbs so far, but I'm preparing myself to make this forever. I have been looking at TONS of before/after pics on the forum (wow!)...but I've noticed that....my stomach doesn't look like anyone elses...at all.

I started at 195 and am currently 179. The vast majority of my weight is on my midsection, but instead of having a "belly" - like one stomach area of fat, I have essentially five sections - I have the lower abdomen pooch, then 4 squares of separate fat, 2x2 under my breasts. There is a clear horizontal and vertical separation between them.

Now I'm afraid that my "after" will be really strange.

I've been overweight since puberty - and it's always looked like this. What on EARTH is the deal?? Ahhh!
kcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I have the double belly - lower belly, then an upper roll of belly on top (belly button lost between). I was always so jealous of ladies with one single rounded tummy.

As I approached goal weight, the upper belly went away (more or less). I still have a curved lower belly. I'm a pear, my upper half gets pretty scrawny when I try to get the lower half where I want it.

This is not me, but very similar to what I looked like when heavier (my belly button is placed differently)

Last edited by Glory87; 12-13-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/201/135

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Okay I definitely have the "double belly" you're talking about. What's really concerning me are these square (it's so weird) patches of fat under each breast....above the double belly. Do you have those?

I'm worried that means that my stomach muscles are separated or something.

Anxiety is a b*tch.
kcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #4  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have that too, it's kind of funny, I was just telling my husband that I thought I was the only one with several "tummies". I have a small roll right under my breasts, then another break right at my belly button.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #5  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I have the separate fat rolls under each breast also, plus lovely fatty armpits to add to the mix. Fat is fat, it will go away as we get slimmer, yet each of us will have areas that may be harder to get rid of.

When I think about it, I do have 5 separate fatty sections in my abdomen, you aren't alone. Yet I've also been quite slim and don't remember my belly being in issue then. So I'm just fat now, and that will go away.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Google "abdominal muscles" and look at the images to see how they lay.

Is your 6 pack starting to show through? Because that's what it sounds like to me. The best I ever got to was a 2 pack.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

You are not alone. I've always had a little... line.. or.. something, thats a clear definition to the 4 quadrants of my tummy. I too have the double belly, with the missing belly button in between. I also have the line down the middle. I always just thought that a muscle must be under there that contracts more than the others, hence making it more defined.

Don't worry. Anything we end up with in the end will be better than what we have now.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #8  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

It's just fat. It will go away when you get to goal.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote