Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'4"

Default A few questions!

Just curious if anyone here has excess skin from weight loss and isn't planning on having it removed or any cosmetic surgeries? I am not to my goal yet but I know I will have a lot of excess skin around my stomach, I already do from my pregnancies. Honestly I am not sure how I will feel when I reach goal but as of right now I feel like I will just be so happy to be thin that the excess skin won't bother me much. Even if it does I won't have the money for a tummy tuck so I guess I have to accept it for now. My DH says stretch marks, loose skin etc don't bother him but sometimes I wonder if he really means that. If this isn't too personal for anyone that is married and is at your goal weight or close to it how do you feel being intimate with your wife/husband now that you are at goal but have loose skin? Do you feel good about how you look?! What has the reaction from your partner been?!
MommytoGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #2  

I would love to answer your question, but unfortunately I am not close to goal so I have no loose skin to speak of . It is nice that your DH is so supportive! I have a friend who lost alot of weight though and she said working with a personal trainer helped with the after weight loss droop.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey I lost 70+ lbs and have loose skin on my belly, inner thighs and right under my armpits. Barring a freak lottery win, I am not planning on having any corrective surgery. The loose skin on my inner thighs isn't really noticeable (to me, not sure what uh, views the SO might have at times), I have become a pro at picking out clothes that hide the loose skin in my armpit. The loose skin on my belly is pretty unattractive, particularly if I am lying down on my side or bending over.

Do I wish I didn't have it - yes. Does it bother me endlessly - no. I have no problems being intimate, whereas when I was heavy, I hated to be naked.

When I'm dressed, it's completely invisible and I love love love the way I look in clothes. I am ecstatic with my weight loss, 100% a happier person than when I was heavy and the loose skin is really a very small price to pay for my new slender self.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have lost 150 lbs and even though I'm still overweight, I have a bit of loose skin. I am unsure once I get to goal if I will have surgery but I may because after losing 200 lbs, it may be necessary.

Currently, I have no problem being intimate and my clothes do hide most of my loose skin although I do like short sleeve shirts in the summer and well I have a bit of flab/loose skin on my upper arms that is difficult to hide.

I also have no problem being intimate as well. My husband is ok with the loose skin and although I told him I want to consider surgery, he doesn't seem to be too fond of the idea but is willing to support me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I met my DF literally the very moment I hit my goal weight so everything was at its "loosest". I don't know why, but I just didn't care, probably because he doesn't care. He thinks I'm pretty hot and digs me all the same

Now me on the other hand, well! I would like to have children in the next few years and I think a tummy tuck (which I feel in desperate need of sometimes) would be a a bit of a waste. Post-kids, though, I'm marching into the surgeons office first thing (whether I can afford it or not is another issue).

Last edited by junebug41; 11-01-2007 at 12:16 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote