The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default I miss Jillian on the show!

I tried to like Kim, maybe I will as time goes by, but without Jillian the show seems to lack someting.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I wasn't a huge Jillian fan, but this one's fake boobs really bugged me. She just looks so barbie-dollish I hope I will warm up to her.
What is up with Bob's hair? Does he think Maddox Pitt-Jolie has a great look or something?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #3  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm not crazy about Kim either. She said something in the show that bothered me. I can't remember verbatim what she said but it was something to the effect that SHE wants to beat BOB. I know this is a game, but isn't it about the contestants winning over their own obstacles and insecurities?? And against each other?? Bob was focusing on pushing the contestants through their own hurdles... Kim was focusing on beating Bob. How many times did she says.. "This is my first time doing this.... I'm so nervous about....."??

OK.. canya tell I haven't warmed up to her yet??? LOL
Old 09-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/224/155

Height: 5 ft 6 in.

Default Jillian

I also miss Jullian. I don't care too much for this new gal. I didn't like it when she said she wanted to "beat Bob" either. It is about the contestants. I hope Bob's team wins but I want everyone to be successful. I know it's a struggle and I wish them all good luck!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

PERSONALLY~ I LIKED KIM

As for BOB, I think his intentions are for the best...but come on! that HAIRCUT? plzzzz......that is just down right NASTY LOOKING!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #6  
banned

jillian we miss you!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #7  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Honestly, I'm rather surprised that Jillian's not back for another season. I have heard through various grapevines on the net that she decided to pursue other interests. Wish her the best!

As for Kim, from what I've read up on her bio, it doesn't sound like she's ever had any weight issues at all. So this is going to be a bit of a stumbling block if she can't relate to her clients here. Still, give her a chance and we'll see how it goes. And Bob, dude....lose the hairstyle......
Old 09-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #8  

Martha, I noticed that too. It's not about her "beating Bob". It's one thing to want to prove herself as a good trainer, it's another thing to take it to that level.

Ottoette, I totally agree. I cannot stand it when girls get implants. Obviously she is so superficial. Jillian would have NEVER even considered it.

I miss Jillian too!!!! What else would she be persuing? She is living proof that you can be overweight and get fit. She knows where we are coming from, so she can relate to us better (lol, I'm talking as if "we", as in overweight people, are some type of species).

Ezmoney and Nemesis, I don't like the haircut either. I will tell you why he got it though...he has a receeding hairline, and rather than have the hair be missing on the sides, he just went ahead and tried to make it in to some hairstyle. I feel sorry for guys, because they have to deal with balding. I will say though that my grandfather died at 88 with a full head of hair...everyone's different.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #9  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Beginning View Post
Ottoette, I totally agree. I cannot stand it when girls get implants. Obviously she is so superficial. Jillian would have NEVER even considered it.
Well, remember that Jillian was very honest about her own choice to have plastic surgery...that being said, as I've indicated in another thread, I can't STAND the fact that they have a woman with big breast implants as the 'role model' for fitness and health for these out of shape and over fat folk
Old 09-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #10  

What I am not liking about her, besides the fact that she is just MEAN, is, I have read that she's never even been overweight. I am assuming Bob and Jillian were. I dunno because this is my first yr watching, but how in the heck can she relate to and understand her people if she's never been there herself? The comments she made to and about them was mean and insensitive. I do not view it as tough love or what not. I saw someone on here make the coment that they can't be motivated by someone insulting them...Well I agree with that 100%. If someone is saying these rude things to me, the first thing I'd do is confront them, complain to their superior, quit, and go home and stuff my face. The only person that wench loves is herself. Bob cares about his people and he even said on the first show that he picks people that interests him that he wants to get to know...

This Kim person is a superficial (b)witch. I don't like her and I wil not grow to like or respect her
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Where did Jillian go to? I miss her too, although I always had my eye on Bob....and I agree, his hair cut is not a nice one....
Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #12  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

I guess I Never heard Jillian or Bob's story. I didn't know they'd been overweight also. I'd love to hear about it.

Divalicious~ I'm a misplaced Georgia Peach also. My screen name on several sites used to be SwtJawJaPeach. LOL Where abouts are you/were you from?? I'm from the Atlanta area but now living in NY. I Miss it horribly sometimes. My sister still lives in Duluth, Ga.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #13  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Jillian posted this herself as what she looked like at her highest weight..IMHO she wasn't that big....but she felt big! And relative to her current condition..RIPPED....

Here's a link to the thread

She was posting pretty regularly for a while there...lots of good advice in this thread!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe....I'd forgotten that picture!! oh my!!

ottoette.....you made me laugh with Bob's reference to Maddox Joli-Pitt hair!!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #15  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Does anyone know why Jillian isn't on this season of Biggest Loser?