The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #16  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Also, if you watched the season with Abby in it, I don't know how you couldn't cry over her losing her husband, her daughter and her brand new baby in a car wreck all on the same day. I was a WRECK during that episode.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't watch much TV and only saw a couple of episodes of celebrity Biggest Loser, but I remember crying later about how I wish I had the gumption to just DO IT and how much easier it would be if I was FORCED to do it like they are on the show.

It's kind of cruel though to vote people off and to make it a race. Why do shows always have to make it a contest? Do they think people won't watch if it's more of a "let's help you all get fitter and thinner" and compare after a year and tell your stories.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #18  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I don't watch much TV and only saw a couple of episodes of celebrity Biggest Loser, but I remember crying later about how I wish I had the gumption to just DO IT and how much easier it would be if I was FORCED to do it like they are on the show.

It's kind of cruel though to vote people off and to make it a race. Why do shows always have to make it a contest? Do they think people won't watch if it's more of a "let's help you all get fitter and thinner" and compare after a year and tell your stories.
I started watching BL last season and went back and watched a few of the early seasons, but yeah, I would prefer watching the weight loss when there wasn't the voting people off, game playing, confrontation type conflict and drama.

I only watched the second season of DietTribe, which unfortunately also seemed to be the last season, because I've always wanted to do a triathlon and that was the goal they trained to do during the season. But I really enjoyed it because it was a group of friends working together and they had to accomplish weight loss goals as a team in order to get rewards, they were in their homes the whole time so still had to deal with family stress, temptations, etc. Oh and the trainer was HOT imo.

itunes has both seasons 1 and 2, I bought season 2 a while back for 2.99 for the whole season. Sometimes I think about getting season 1 and seeing if I'd like it as much, but I'm a cheapskate and they want 7.99 for less episodes for that season.

It makes me sad that it's not around now though!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
I've cried. Remember Olivia singing on the scale?
that was one of my favorite moments!! i cry also, not all the time but sometimes lol. I got mad at this season though because i auditioned for this season and got a call back for my open audition and the fact that people have left on their own, that could've been my spot lol
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #20  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cries during this show! I watched like 3 seasons on hulu a couple summers ago and totally bawled like a baby! Love that show so much...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #21  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

ALL.THE.DANG.TIME!

Especially when I really connect with whatever pain got them to that point... oy veh... waterworks abound.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I don't usually cry but i do get choked up! I love that show!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

I've cried at hearing some of the stories of the contestants and what they've gone through.