The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #226  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Man the running community is small sometimes. I was trying to go through a race database search to see if I could find Daris. It pointed me to a fairly small race in OK and although he wasnt in the results, just scanning I saw 2 guys I know (oddly both ran the tiny marathon with me in Tennessee a couple weeks ago). Although none of the runners I know from OK were there.

MTA: I found him in the half marathon results so he is at least still running, although it looks like he isnt as fast as I remember.

Ada is still running too. She's done a triathlon and a half marathon and a couple adventure runs this year.

Last edited by ennay; 12-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #227  
focused and aiming

Okay, now I'm really wondering about each of those folks. Also wondering about the young man who got to come on the ranch 2 seasons. I'd love to read what any of you find out. When I get a chance, I'll do some googling, too. I'm just online a few minutes at a time today since I'm subbing in a 7th Grade computer lab.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't want John to win, either, but I think he is going to. I would love to see a special with the folks who have struggled with gaining weight back, or maybe a special season where all of these guys get together and compete again, like a second chance season
Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #229  

Height: 5'5

Yay! I'm so glad ramone is back
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #230  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Id LOVE to see anyone but John win. I don't know what it is but there is something about his whole atitude i just dont like. I've tried to like him, but he rubs me the wrong way.

Can I just say though, I absolutely adore that Antone is combining family time with workout time, I think he has the potential better than anyone to make this lifestyle change stick if he keeps things going that way.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #231  

it was interesting to see the trainers reaction to John's plan of letting his wife do everything
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

John irritated me seriously last night, and when Dolvette said he would gain the weight back, I thought, "Well, that's two people. Must be some truth to it..." And the way he was like, "Bring it on! I will go toe-to-toe with anyone, blah, blah, blah"....I don't know. He is coming off a little too confident. And I have to agree that once this is all over, and he isn't in competition or playing a game anymore...I have to wonder where he will find the motivation. So far, he says the motivator is his family, but he always acts like the game is the motivation.

Loving Antone with his kids as well. I think his kids being involved and saying things like, "I never want to see you like that again," and crying with him at the video is probably going to be huge.

I was a little disappointed with everyone's reaction to Becky's 10 pound loss. When Alison asked, "What happened? Having trouble finding time to work out or....?" I was a little miffed (and I love Alison). 10 pounds is a big deal in the real world, and she did it while going back to work. I believe that was the point of going home. Trying to fit this lifestyle into their everyday lives.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #233  

Not to mention Becky doesn't have much more to lose. Anyone know how long they were home for?
Old 12-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #234  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I have to say that I don't like john and I don't want him to win but I do hope that he keeps the weight off.

I love how far vinny has come he is just to awesome.

Ramone is back and I hope him or Antone win at first I didn't like Antone much but now I think he awesome. I love the way he made working out a family thing not only is he staying fit and healthy he also installing that into his children.

I am so stoked about the finale but also sad cause won't have nothing to watch on Tuesday till next season. I have to wait till wed morning to watch it so have to stay offline Tuesday night after the show till wed morning don't want anyone spoiling it for me...
Old 12-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #235  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I felt bad for Becky, I think it's awesome that she adjusted to her lifestyle back in her normal role and still lost 10 lbs with less to lose. To me that is a bigger accomplishment than John managing to get into the finale while not going back to work and having his wife do everything for him around the house.

I hope that John is able to stay on track once the idea of beating soandso or winning Biggest Loser is out of his head, and he has to balance things and keep himself motivated and committed without any incentive.

I loved seeing the marathon. Yay for Ramone! I had a feeling he and/or Jessica would be the ones to beat in that.

Last edited by Somni; 12-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #236  
focused and aiming

I am sooooooooo anxious to see the finale. It's going to be awesome! I'm like CountryGirl, though, and will be lost between seasons.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #237  
Ilene the Bean

I'm always lost between BL seasons ...

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to say it anyways ... Does anyone else find it odd that John's wife has not lost any weight, or tried to lose weight, the time he was away at camp to encourage John in keeping the weight off? I know as a wife I would certainly try my darndess to lose while hubby is away so that he wouldn't look better than me when he came back ... Same with Vinny's girlfriend ... Maybe I'm shallow
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #238  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'm sorry to see Becky go....

she has the greatest smile

Pulling for Ramone here....

out of the ones left he seems the most genuine to me.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #239  

Loved the show last night. Tried liking John, but he is so arrogant. I think he will gain the weight he lost, once he doesn't have dollar signs floating before him. I think he's in it for the money, period. Loved everyone this season, so will be happy with any of them winning (except John).
Old 12-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I'm always lost between BL seasons ...

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to say it anyways ... Does anyone else find it odd that John's wife has not lost any weight, or tried to lose weight, the time he was away at camp to encourage John in keeping the weight off? I know as a wife I would certainly try my darndess to lose while hubby is away so that he wouldn't look better than me when he came back ... Same with Vinny's girlfriend ... Maybe I'm shallow
I thought that too