The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #346  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

"I am from Tennessee and do have an accent but it is amplified on TV and I think Liz plays the sweet southern gal and old lady card too much."

This is why I am annoyed with Liz. Not just because of her amplified accent. I honestly have nothing against anyone who has a different accent, I did not mean for it to sound like I am intolerant. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I agreed with what Rebecca was saying to Rudy and the other guy (sorry can't remember his name right now) Liz got her second and 3rd chance. It was time for her to go. I do think, however, that she should have said that in front of everyone and not try to be sneaky about it. I don't know if that's what Rudy was talking about with the 'trust' issue or not. I too feel like I missed something???
Old 11-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC View Post
Yes, I read an interview with him, Bob is gay. He always seems to have one woman that he's close too, I guess this time it's Amanda.
I thought I'd read an article that said he had a girlfriend (a few years back). I was sorta getting the gay vibes as well til I remembered seeing that article and was quite surprised by his fondness for Amanda. Oh well, guess I was wrong.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #348  
Ilene the Bean

Rebecca and Daniel you gotta be kidding... Odd match...

Bob, I've heard also that he is gay, but I still think he's cute...

I always enjoy the makeover show, they all spoke so well...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #349  

About Rudy and the trust thing: Ws Rebecca on Bule when they did the 2 teams? I thought he was saying that she always sat in on black's strategy sessions, so it was like she was playing both sides of the fence, buddying up w/ Blue and Black. Therefore, he didn;t trust her that she would stick it out w/ the former blue members but align w/ the former black members. Bunch of hooey to me!

That's why I don't like the whole team concept on the show anyway. I think they should be individuals, and when they do challenges, they could be randomly divvied up into 2 teams. That way, the teams would be different each time and could cut down on this "you can't vote for me, I am/was on your team" mess. At weigh-in the 2 people below the line are up for elimination every time, which would also cut down on the waterlogging, since no whole team would have immunity.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I always thought Bob was gay too. I agree he is a cutie but I can the definite gay vibe from him. While were on the subject is Jillian gay too? I definitely think she is too.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #351  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I've read that she is as well. I could see that too.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Yes, Jillian wrote in her book about her partner.
I'm fairly certain about Bob though.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #353  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
I always thought Bob was gay too. I agree he is a cutie but I can the definite gay vibe from him. While were on the subject is Jillian gay too? I definitely think she is too.
Yep they both scream gay to me....

Now the whole Bob and Amanda thing...I saw a rerun of BL a few months ago and in this episode there was a scene where Bob was pretty sure a contestant was going to get eliminated and he was talking to her and then they hugged and he kissed her on the forehead, I thought it was a very odd thing for a trainer to do, they don't show the trainers getting that close to the contestants anymore, although I'm sure they do.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #354  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC View Post
Yes, Jillian wrote in her book about her partner.
I'm fairly certain about Bob though.
which book? lol, I expected bob being gay, but Jillian? wow...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #355  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
There must be something to Danny's personality that is being left out in editing, because I just can't see them together. She has such a great personality and he always seemed sort of flat to me, not to mention a bit immature for her.
This is interesting because I had the same sort of disbelief, but because she seems more immature to me than he does! Again, maybe it's editing, but all the talk about "a pretty face" and her constant victory dances/jumps, the "all or nothing, black or white" attitude Jillian described...she just didn't seem like someone who had much depth. Then there's Daniel, who's I guess 20 by now, who wants to be a youth pastor, who picks the heaviest woman to be his partner (not likely to be a game advantage)...he just seems more thoughtful and compassionate. I may be totally off the mark but I'm imagining Rebecca dumping Daniel when someone better-looking takes notice of her. The whole quad of Shay/Daniel/Rebecca/Amanda struck me as funny because I kept thinking these are four people who probably would never have been friends had they met "on the outside."
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I lost a lot of respect for Rudy. Did he do what he had to do? Yes - he voted out someone who was big competition. Just like last week, IMO, when he voted for Shay, who was finally starting to pull BIG numbers and had a TON left to lose. He's playing the game.

But come ON. Admit it instead of pulling BS excuses out of thin air! He was already sending Rebecca home and KNEW his vote would be the one to do it just because of where he was sitting at the table. Did he really HAVE to insult her, call her integrity into question in any way, shape or form and make her cry more than necessary?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #357  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I lost a lot of respect for Rudy. Did he do what he had to do? Yes - he voted out someone who was big competition. Just like last week, IMO, when he voted for Shay, who was finally starting to pull BIG numbers and had a TON left to lose. He's playing the game.

But come ON. Admit it instead of pulling BS excuses out of thin air! He was already sending Rebecca home and KNEW his vote would be the one to do it just because of where he was sitting at the table. Did he really HAVE to insult her, call her integrity into question in any way, shape or form and make her cry more than necessary?
I totally agree with you. Man up Rudy

Liz is on the bottom almost always so Rudy has PLENTY of time to get rid of her... this will work in Liz' favor, always being the one saved because she is seen as a non-threat.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Just like Helen from last season...nobody thought she was a threat and then she won.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #359  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Not that it makes any difference but Bobs friends took him to a CHER concert for his birthday....nuff said!!

I love Liz! I dunno that I'm rooting for her to win but I like her!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #360  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I can't wait for tonight's show and tomorrow's "where are they now" special episode.

I've seen pics of Erik that make me think that he's gained most- if not all, back. I wonder about the others?