The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #271  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Last nights episode was a snooze fest!! Did we really have to watch all the stuff with the Senators...yawn! I'd have rather seen some working out!

I hate it when they draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggg the show out...making an entertaining 1 hour show into 2 looooooooooooooonnnnngggg hours. We usually dvr...but that has been mentioned before several times..

and I too was bored with the senators...but I am thankful for it...

I appreciate the fact that the show (whether it is for ratings or whatever) is trying to MAKE a real difference in peoples lives...

Much of the talk here on 3FC is for education of food and issues concerning unhealthy eating and weight issues.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #272  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I looked up that bike/elliptical thing - $2000 plus shipping!!!

No thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #273  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Okay Liz and the blender thing....she is the crazy one, so petty! What a petty woman and at her age to be acting that way and talking to Abbey that way was so disrespectful. I like Rudy, Rebecca, and Danny more and more. I wish Sean was still on, it drives me crazy this falling on the sword thing. I want to shake Shay and tell her to snap out of being a victim! We need a new Tara next season! I am so sick of these people who aren't grateful and walk around with victim tattooed on their forehead.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #274  
Token Vulcan

I hope the men dominate the finale this season. I don't dislike any of the guys but almost all of the women.

Amanda: "Bob...blah blah...Bob...blah blah blah....Bob....blah blah...America's choice....blah blah...Bob...blah blah blah..."

Rebecca and that victory jump/dance every frickin time.

"Woe is me" Shay and woe is you because none of you need to be here as much as I do.

Liz is just as much a gameplayer as Tracey.

Tracey did look good in her update. I was surprised just how small she was at this point. I hope she's not gonna go into Helen obsessive-mode for the finale.

I hope Rudy makes it to the makeover. I wanna see all that hair fixed. I'd love to see the final four be Rudy, Danny, Daniel and Allen.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 11-05-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #275  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgetfitNStrongforme View Post
Okay Liz and the blender thing....she is the crazy one, so petty!
I wonderred why she even cared. It isn't exactly HER kitchen at home.
I am going to be 48 on Monday and I would not have cared about the blenders but I would sure clean the one I was using if I was there.....or bring my own from home.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 202/193/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartsushi418 View Post
Seriously? Hiding the blenders? Who asked her to was the dishes to begin with? Martyr! She wants to complain AFTER she does it? And Shay, annoying! She's rode that horse a little too long being a victim. She reminds me of a person that has put all her issues out front so people will make excuses for her and won't expect anything out of her.
I couldn't have expressed my feelings about Shay any better! Enough already! Shut up, she's not the only fat person out there...take a number. I think I would feel different and have more compassion if her story wasn't "my mom didn't love me and so on.." Now, Abby, she has a reason to have lost her way...her whole life went to **** in a moment!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 202/193/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgetfitNStrongforme View Post
Okay Liz and the blender thing....she is the crazy one, so petty! What a petty woman and at her age to be acting that way and talking to Abbey that way was so disrespectful. I like Rudy, Rebecca, and Danny more and more. I wish Sean was still on, it drives me crazy this falling on the sword thing. I want to shake Shay and tell her to snap out of being a victim! We need a new Tara next season! I am so sick of these people who aren't grateful and walk around with victim tattooed on their forehead.
Me too! Bring on another Tara..She was an inspiration!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #278  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskridla View Post
I couldn't have expressed my feelings about Shay any better! Enough already! Shut up, she's not the only fat person out there...take a number. I think I would feel different and have more compassion if her story wasn't "my mom didn't love me and so on.." Now, Abby, she has a reason to have lost her way...her whole life went to **** in a moment!
SO first off, i wanted to say since I never go past my 20 sometings I didn't even KNOW we had this forum here. lol. so sad.

and Im SOOOO Glad I'm not the only person who doesn't like Shay. She just cries SO much, and acts as if she's the only person who has problems out there, and that's why she gained all that weight.

And Abby. I was working out on my treadmill that eppy she was talking to Jullian, and I had to stop my workout and cry for her. It broke my heart! I wish she had stuck in there, b/c she was who I was rooting for.

and since my dvr cuts before it shows what's coming on next, what is happening next week? I needs to know!!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

It can't be said enough: Ditto all about Shay!

I'm SOOOOOOO bummed that my cable went out and I missed the episode this week (DVR didn't record - I don't think - cable is STILL out). Anyway, I missed Tracey's elimination and her transformation moment. I keep reading how great she looks and how beautiful her children are. :-( I missed it!

Me = bummed
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #280  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

You can watch on NBC. No need to miss the show
Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #281  
Token Vulcan

Next week's preview clip is here:

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...ation/1172308/

Tracey's update is here: (plus she answers some viewer questions)

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser..._cid=thefilter
Old 11-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #282  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
Next week's preview clip is here:

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...ation/1172308/

Tracey's update is here: (plus she answers some viewer questions)

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser..._cid=thefilter
THAnks for posting that!

and I knew a double elimination was n store that week no one was sent home.

and more shay crying. Isn't every single contestant there to get their life back? not just her?
I'm thinking with her standing around talking to people saying that that she'll bee in the bottom??

I hope someone else doen't say they'll go home so she doesn't have to like Antoine and Sean did. B/c didn't they tell her they would go home bcause they had a supportive family and she didn't? From what i saw with Shay she had a loving Husband and two great step children, how is that not support? IDK.

But I'm rooting for Rebeca. I love her, she's SO cute.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #283  
sugar is the devil

To me it sounds like Shay is under the yellow line from what the preview showed!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
You can watch on NBC. No need to miss the show
Thanks!

I'm a goober. I'd forgotten TBL airs on Tues and not Wed so I DO have it in my DVR.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 11-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #285  
Just Starting Out...

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'9.5"

Okay so I'm pretty late...I just spent the past week catching up on all the episodes this season and can I just saw WOW...

First off, I'm really glad Tracey is gone...and I still can't get over how she won that spinning thing either....that was creepy.

Second, I can't stand Shay. At first I felt bad, but this woman is more like a teenage girl, I often forget that she's 30, she looks and acts and talks like a 18 year old would...I get that she's big but c'mon, enough with the crying at EVERY single weigh in!!! Every time she's on screen I just

I don't think she will be able to lose the weight on her own, but at the same time I think she should be sent home sometimes...she doesn't seem like she's growing, she just continues the pity party </end rant>

I'm really not sure who will win this... but I'm rooting for Rudy, Rebecca, and Danny out of everyone...