The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #226  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
My only question: When did Liz become SUCH a B!TCH??!!??!!??!!
Yeah and what happened to her sticking it to Tracey??
Old 10-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #227  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I used to like Liz - now she seems just as crazy as Tracy, only crankier.

I am sad that Abby went home - I really liked her. For a second there I thought that maybe they would send Daniel home instead. Either something is up medically or he is not following the plan as much as he says that he is.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #228  
Ilene the Bean

There is something up with Daniel, sneak eating? Twice on the show and not more weight loss than this? I dunno

Tracy's eyes freak me out She really looks sometimes...

Abby is a nice nice girl, I loved her parents

Liz, maybe going through some hormonal changes, I can relate to that and the *****iness...

Yes, I did wonder : when did Jillian get her Psychology degree ? She's a bit much at times
Old 10-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Tracy is making me crazy.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I agree with you all. Liz seemed to have changed or are they just now letting us know the real liz???? Also I wonder about Danny, now myself would be over joyed with a 4 pound loss, but If I worked out and ate the way they do I would be very dissapointed with only -4. I am thinking it is medical. I also just wanted Abby to hit wonderland last night, but she sure looks great now!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

I think the only reason I really like this show is to see the peoples transformations. Not only in weight but over all.

I have noticed though, that the people I tend to like leave somewhat early. I think it is because I am drawn to their selflessness. Like Abby. Even though she says she wasn't 'living' she had a heart of gold. When Jillian was being the therapist I knew Abby was going home. I wonder if Jillian doesn't try to be therapist cause she wants to help these people more then showing them how to be healthy when it comes to food and exercise. I kind of think Jillian may have a caring heart, I think it may be what drives her to do what she has done in the industry.

It seems there are a lot of crazies this season. Maybe it is because it is only the second season I am watching. Unfortunalty I am guessing one of them will win. I will hope that they don't though.

I think Abby looked amazing. I am happy she is able to use her life experiences to drive her and motivate and inspire others. I can't wait to see her on the finale!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #232  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Jillian's mother is a therapist/psychologist or something, I believe (she's been on the show before in that capacity).
They probably have some sort of therapist consulting on the show, don't ya think?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #233  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think that something medical is going on for Daniel too. I am convinced that he worked hard this week. Jillian expects him to lose just like Danny because they are on the same program. Everyone is not alike. When people say that Daniel must not be following the program, it reminds me of all the times someone (usually a doctor) looked at me funny when I would tell them that I had been following a plan but was losing very slowly or not at all. Like they did not believe me.

I am looking forward to seeing how Jillian reacts to this. Will she not believe Daniel when he says that he is following the program? Will she consider that there is a possibility that he needs a different program? Will she have the doctor look into possible medical issues? Can she admit that HER program might not work for everyone? The story continues..................
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #234  
Token Vulcan

Wow, Liz has become nasty since losing Danny as her teammate. The ragging on Tracey made some sense but she is badmouthing everybody on black team now except for Danny, talking about how two-faced they are. Pot, meet kettle.

There is def an orange/pink alliance determining black team's voting...Amanda confirmed it. Danny was lucky he had immunity the last 2 weeks or it would have been his tush out the door first.

I'll miss Abby but I can see the sense in her going home. First, it was what she wanted and asked them to do. But, from a game point of view, she was injured and couldn't compete in anything. Her weight loss was diminished because of her restrictions. Keeping Daniel, who could at least compete, and has won several times, makes more sense for the team.

Now that it seems they are going to singles next week, Danny (brown Danny) might have a bit of a reprieve. He won't be the odd man out anymore, he'll just have to make sure not to fall below the yellow line. But he's a big guy with a lot of weight to lose, and guys like that are always threats. If he goes below with anybody but Rudy or Allen, he could be in trouble. At least he still has Liz...Rudy and Allen have both lost their original partners and we haven't seen them be particularly chummy with any of the others...they may not have any alliances to help them out.

I'm not really a fan of the former pink team girls but Amanda got on my nerves last night, esp. going on about the camera in her face 24-7. What did she expect?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #235  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
Amanda got on my nerves last night, esp. going on about the camera in her face 24-7. What did she expect?
I was thinking this as well. She knew what she signed up for! She has been living it for how many weeks, and all of a sudden, it's a huge issue. I wonder if she was PMSing or something. I like Amanda, but I want to see her go. She whines WAY too much for me. I love Rudy and Allen and I even like Danny. Liz is just a cranky crank, but I like it! Tracy and her crazy eyes!! lol, I thought it was so funny when Abby said "Tracy, well, she's just crazy."

I also noticed that Shay was wearing her wedding rings this week. Maybe they are just starting to fit again?

I cried for like an hour during the show. Abby puts me to tears. She looks so good now!!! Another 40+ pounds lost at home! Good for her!!! I hope life brings her a happy future.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
My only question: When did Liz become SUCH a B!TCH??!!??!!??!!
I never really liked Liz. She's always whining or b****ing about something. Like the episode when they had to eat out all week. She kept giving it as an excuse as if she were the only one facing that obsticle.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Between Crazy Tracy and B!tchy Liz....I am so sorry to see Abby go but she looks amazing! Still rooting for Daniel....bless his heart.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

I cried and screamed and yelled and swore to never watch again last night. I was so dissapointed that they sent Abby home. Cruel!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #239  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I agree...LIZ has stepped it up a bit..or MORE...in the smack talk..

wonder if it's "recommended" by the show....

Does anyone else think Danny might be "sneaking" food somehow?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #240  

I think Danny's problem is he has hit a plateau and they can last for weeks. I am on my way to a 200+ pounds lose and this has happened to me.