The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #436  

I can't wait to see the show next week and see the results for the at home players. Yippeel
Old 03-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Did it look to anyone else that mandi had put some weight back on? i hope she hasn't. I hope the sisters can work hard together.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #438  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

The Tara drama was too much for me last night. For goodness sake, it's a game, and her big fit about throwing the weigh-in was too much IMHO...Hasn't she ever played UNO? I play with my children who I know love me to pieces and they always dump the pick fours on me when I'm winning! I don't throw in my cards and cry "I'm gonna quit you meanies" Ugh, she's tough, and I'm thrilled she won the challenge after all, but give me a break with the drama...It made her look so childish. Oh and Phillipe, give me a break, about how he's finally going to do good now that he's back with Bob. He NEVER left Bob except for a week of playing cry baby. Helen has turned into a cut throat mean mama too.

I still wonder about Kristin going home soon, but I really hope she doesn't. I'd like to see her or Mike win it all...but I'm still confused why Kristin and Laura didn't have to pull cars?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #439  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
Did it look to anyone else that mandi had put some weight back on? i hope she hasn't. I hope the sisters can work hard together.

Yea, I though she looked bigger too. She is such a beautiful girl though. I hope it was just her outfit. Those low rider-tight in the thigh jeans makes every one, (even some skinny chicks) look fat IMHO.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 03-25-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

It just KILLED me that Kristin had a chance to vote out Felipe, one of the stronger players, and even said herself that Aubrey WOULD fall below the yellow line again, while Felipe might not. And she still voted out Aubrey.

I'm torn this season....I like rooting for the actual "biggest losers" to win, but at the same time these people aren't playing the game at all. They're going with the buddy system and not thinking clearly. If I were there, I'd be working my butt off to lose weight, but also playing the game and seeing what I could do and who had to go so I could be at the end...especially if I wasn't the top loser every week.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #441  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

The Tara drama was pretty extreme last night, but I have to say that I do feel for her. It seems like it’s only a game when they can bring other people down or give them an extra hurdle to get over, but when it comes down to voting, they all go by who they like more. I was really cheering for Tara to win immunity last night and have to say that I had a huge smile on my face when she won! I have to admit that I did want Kristin to hit the 100 lbs. first though as Tara has had accomplishment after accomplishment and I feel like Kristin really needed it. I’m glad Aubrey went home. I think it was pretty obvious that she wasn’t going to make it to the final four. I’m hoping that Ron goes next and then Filipe, although I’d kind of like to see Filipe go before Ron just because his attitude pisses me off so bad. I’m super excited to see the sent-home contestants!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #442  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

ok, so why did a few people not participate in the pull the car challenge. They are leaving out some lose ends lately.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #443  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
ok, so why did a few people not participate in the pull the car challenge. They are leaving out some lose ends lately.
Either last week or the week before, I read somethign about Kristin having a back injury; she didn't participate in a challenge at that time, too. Maybe it has not healed enough yet for her to be able to put all that weight on it.

On another board I visit, someone said that on Jillian's radio show, she said that one of the girls had a stress fracture in her leg, and they noticed that last week Laura had a boot on her foot in one scene, so I assume that she is who Jillian is talking about and therefore couldn't participate.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #444  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
I said the same thing when Aubrey went home. "Wasn't she there just two weeks ago?? How much could she have changed since then?"
I was shocked that she gained ten pounds after going home though. I'm glad she is going back in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to the eliminated players coming back too. I hope Carla gets to come back because I think she got screwed the first time.
I thought the same thing about Aubrey going home. Even if it was a long week she couldn't have changed that much.

I would love to see Carla or Dan come back. Has anyone heard about how he is doing at home?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #445  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Just got done watching and have to wonder if last night was filmed on January 12/13; did anyone else think Allison looked to be in labor? Also, Aubry said she had 60 lbs to lose in the next 15 weeks before the finale. That would make the timing right. Just a thought!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #446  

I missed so much of it last night. I need to rewatch it.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #447  
Token Vulcan

More random thoughts since I rewatched the show...

I think Ali flubbed when she announced Filipe in 5th place. They finished: Tara, Mike, Sione, Filipe, Helen, Aubrey and Ron, with Kristin and Laura not participating.

Filipe's remark about having to see the sunshine in everything. He griped for weeks about training with Jillian and he couldn't even bring himself to say anything to or about her when they were choosing trainers.

Bob's team is so entrenched in their "original Bob's team" mode...they kick off the stronger players when those people would have benefitted the team and now that they are individuals, they keep the bigger threat around and vote off a weaker player. I hope the players who come back were part of Jillian's original team. I would love to see Daniel come back but I wonder at his size, would he be able to keep getting a high enough percentage to stick around? Then there's Dane, who's a machine, and I think he'd choose to train with Jillian and at least have two allies in the green girls, rather than go back with folks who voted him off. Carla could be a contender, too, though she'd probably go back to Bob. Then I could picture people saying, "hey Carla, you can do this at home so we're voting you off!"

It bugged me when Kristin was talking about how she was taking control of her weight. At this stage, Bob is the one in charge. On the ranch, she's in a controlled environment being forced to work out and eat properly. The week she went home, she gained a pound. Filipe, on the other hand, despite Sione's dire description, lost 7 pounds at home! And, BTW, where's the blame on the trainer this week that Filipe fell below the yellow line?

It's sweet how Mike's blossomed. In the beginning, he kind of faded into the background, I think, from a combination of so many players, so many strong personalities, and the focus on Daniel and his more outgoing personality. I remember around Week 4 or so when they advertised Mike in the preview as having been taken into America's heart, I was thinking I'm not quite sure that's happened just yet, he wasn't really focused on much at that point. I think it was Daniel in America's heart but then he ("the heaviest player") was gone so they focused on the "youngest player." Part of me hopes the show allows Ron's son Max to be on when he turns 18. But a bigger part of me is hoping he loses weight before then.....otherwise, what would Ron & Mike have been doing with him all this time?

I think next week is when we'll see Ali V and/or Michelle take over for Alison.

BTW, didn't Jerry Skeabach look great?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post

I think Ali flubbed when she announced Filipe in 5th place. I noticed that too.

Then there's Dane, who's a machine, and I think he'd choose to train with Jillian and at least have two allies in the green girls, rather than go back with folks who voted him off. I forgot about Dane and Blaine. I wonder if one of them comes back we will get mention of the marathon fiasco.

I think next week is when we'll see Ali V and/or Michelle take over for Alison. After someone mentioned Ali possibly being in labor I had to watch the show again. It does sound like she is breathing funny during the elimination.

BTW, didn't Jerry Skeabach look great? DH and I both said the same thing.
Why did the half mile they were pulling the cars look so long? My road is a half mile and it really seemed like they pulled those cars a LOT further. I know some of it is camera angles and what not but Tara made up a lot of ground and then to win by as much as she did it almost seems like Sione would have had to stop and stand there while she passed him.

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 03-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I wondered about Kristin and Laura not participating also. I did see Laura wearing a boot cast too, I think it was on one of the Bonus Sceens on the web page. If Kristin has a back injury that would explain it.

Tara's drama was a bit over the top but I can only imangine how screwed up their emotions are at this point. There body's have gone through such changes while they are spending so much time in the gym and away from there families. Remember all the crying and emotions from Mark a couple of seasons ago. I think the stress would get to many of us.

That being said I was so glad to see Tara beat all of them in the challenge, she is amazing. Although she sure isn't dropping much weight the last few weeks. She would have been below the yellow line had she not had imunity.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #450  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna b thin View Post
Tara's drama was a bit over the top but I can only imangine how screwed up their emotions are at this point. There body's have gone through such changes while they are spending so much time in the gym and away from there families. Remember all the crying and emotions from Mark a couple of seasons ago. I think the stress would get to many of us.
Not to mention the cameras in your face a lot of the time.