The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #541  
angelmom313

I agree after tonight and Ron's backstabbing lie about "trying to help" Kristin by at least "talking" to his son...he has no integrity. I also think now that Mike is cocky about winning. I don't think he will win now. I wanted Kristin to win but now hope she takes second.

Before tonight, other than Kristin, I would've wanted Mike to win but not now. I guess out of the ones left.....hmmmm.....I am thinking Tara because that girl is a fighter!

I don't like Helen...I think she was selfish by practically sending her daughter home and staying instead of her.....not the sacrifice a mother should've made.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #542  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Okay, watching Kristin run during the last chance workout was making my chest hurt. How come they don't get the women into good quality sports bras?!

I didn't love tonight's episode - it felt like not much happened. The one part that I thought was great was her duking it out with Mike - physically and emotionally making him look at his situation.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #543  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
The one part that I thought was great was her duking it out with Mike - physically and emotionally making him look at his situation.
Here, here!!!! I love it when Jill does that. I think that's what makes her training style so dynamic.

I knew Ron was going to pull the crap that he did with Kristin. In some ways I feel bad for her, but in others I'm kind of glad we don't have to hear her up on her soap box all the time anymore.

I was kind of surprised when Tara took the money instead of the 1 pound advantage and Jillian had the reaction that she did. I thought Jill was going to be PISSED but she wasn't and I wasn't expecting that at all. And then her reasoning behind it was interesting and I was like "Hm..." but it does make sense. Tara was betting on herself, took that chance and came out on top. It was a good lesson for Ta Ta (my personal nickname for Tara) to learn how to take a chance and risk things because in real life that's the way somethings are and you have to take chances in order to really experience life sometimes so it was a really good lesson. Kudos to her!

Last edited by gymlee; 04-22-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #544  

[QUOTE=practiceliving;2708620]Okay, watching Kristin run during the last chance workout was making my chest hurt. How come they don't get the women into good quality sports bras?! QUOTE]

I always think that same thing when I see the girls running. OUCH!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #545  

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Okay, watching Kristin run during the last chance workout was making my chest hurt. How come they don't get the women into good quality sports bras?!
I always think that same thing when I see the girls running. OUCH
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #546  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

I read this thread all the time but never post but now I HAVE too!

Why did Kristin gain weight...because they don't eat enough!!! Anyone else think this when they watched last night? If there is anything I've learned from this board and from my own weight loss is that you need to eat in order to loss especially at such a high level of training. I'm shocked that Bob didn't yell at them more after watching the video diary. Don't get me wrong I love Kristin and I was rooting for her to win but the girl is still big, my size when I started, and she needs to eat more.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #547  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

After sleeping on it...as much as I don't like her...I'm pulling for Tara now. She's the lesser of the "evils," so to speak. She IS a strong woman, who hasn't been as evil and manipulative as a lot of OTHERS there, and I guess I can always get behind that.

It's weird about Mike. I think all the changes have gone straight to his head. He came in as a massively overweight kid and they're pushing that he's "become a man" on the show. Well, if that's the case he's become a man who's full of himself with an inflated ego. Gaining confidence is one thing...but his elevated level of ego is just getting crazy. He's given himself the title already and is counting out other strong people (Tara!).

I truly hope he doesn't win.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #548  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

OK, I have to put in my 2 cents.

I like Tara ... when she isn't whinning about no one likes her. She is strong and fights for every pound and wants this new life she is creating.

I don't like Ron, personally, but I feel he has been honest that his #1 priority is Mike, and since he didn't do that before I say it is about time he got his weight under control and helped his son do the same. He only promised that he would talk to Mike, he never promised to turn his vote. It didn't suprise me that he encourage Mike to do what Mike thought was best for him.

As for Mike, I like his attitude and feel that he was totally honest as to why he voted Kristin off the show. He could have done it last week, but choose not to go with the biggest threat and did the right thing by sending Laura home. Kristin opened the door a 2nd time by going under the yellow line and he had every right to vote her off.

Kristen got on my nerve last night. As much as I would have LOVED to see Helen go home (she is a selfish vane witch), I thought Kristen's comments about Mike not being a man and just trying to beat her instead was absolutely ridiculous.

Bob and Jillian say it all the time ... you don't have to worry about alliances and votes if you do one thing ... stay above the yellow line. She didn't do that and he had every right to vote her off, I might have done the same in his position.

Mike wants to win, he has actually found something he is good at and he is being confident. I hope he or Tara win, I think that the weight they have lost and staying above that line should really count in this game.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #549  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I don't like Ron, personally, but I feel he has been honest that his #1 priority is Mike, and since he didn't do that before I say it is about time he got his weight under control and helped his son do the same. He only promised that he would talk to Mike, he never promised to turn his vote. It didn't suprise me that he encourage Mike to do what Mike thought was best for him.

As for Mike, I like his attitude and feel that he was totally honest as to why he voted Kristin off the show. He could have done it last week, but choose not to go with the biggest threat and did the right thing by sending Laura home. Kristin opened the door a 2nd time by going under the yellow line and he had every right to vote her off.

Kristen got on my nerve last night. As much as I would have LOVED to see Helen go home (she is a selfish vane witch), I thought Kristen's comments about Mike not being a man and just trying to beat her instead was absolutely ridiculous.

Mike wants to win, he has actually found something he is good at and he is being confident. I hope he or Tara win, I think that the weight they have lost and staying above that line should really count in this game.

Agreed 100%, couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #550  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Still don't respect Ron and Mike.
Still love Tara!
Helen and Felipe really need to go.

I really hope Tara wins. She really deserves it.

*It was funny how they kept bringing up how Mike has been building this anger for the last 18 years and that he's been overweight that long too! Is he 18 or 19 now? The pics of him when he was younger showed that he was a good weight. If he didn't get overweight and angry until he was 6 or so then they should say the last 12 or so years! It is ridiculous to say you've been building up anger since you were born. ha.

Last edited by aangel22; 04-22-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #551  

Quote:
*It was funny how they kept bringing up how Mike has been building this anger for the last 18 years and that he's been overweight that long too! Is he 18 or 19 now? The pics of him when he was younger showed that he was a good weight. If he didn't get overweight and angry until he was 6 or so then they should say the last 12 or so years! It is ridiculous to say you've been building up anger since you were born. ha.
If I had that nasty piece of work for a father, I'd be building up anger since conception.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #552  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

I agree that unlike Ron who was a seriously overweight child (which according to him was a known issue his parents tried to correct), Mike looked like an average weight child as a very young boy.

The problem come in when you try to figure out how you tell a child not to eat the fried chicken when you are eating it. How to do get a child to eat healthier when you aren't? Ron and his wife needed to fix their problems early on to be able to affect a change in their boys lives. Children tend to learn by example. This is why so many of the young women that come on talk about wanting to get healthy and their weight under control before they try to start a family, otherwise obese parents tend to have obese children, and not just because genitically they a "pre-disposed" to be heavy, but because they eat the way their parent's eat.

Last edited by krjpy; 04-22-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #553  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I was glad they showed Mike talking to his dad and explaining about how mom had been overweight as well. That certainly cleared things up because I couldn't figure out why she was so thin when the rest were so heavy.

Even DH commented on Kristin's boobs flying around when she was running. That should be an ad for how not to wear a sports bra.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #554  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We're so talkative! Time to start a new thread...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show....php?p=2709294