The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #16  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I was also happy to see a woman win, but I do hope Ali lays off the exercise a little and eats a little more. She looked a little TOO thin at this point IMO. I was so proud of the guy who qualified for health insurance... I have to admit, that teared me up a little. Nothing else did, but when he said he wanted to provide for his family by having insurance, that got me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I also wanted to make a comment about Alison Sweeney's dress - I loved it (lovely colour) but I think those sheath dresses are so dangerous. Did you notice how it accentuated the tiny tummy she has? Especially when the fabric has some sheen. I just kept staring at that spot all the time. [smacking myself senseless]
Me too. I shouldn't be like that! Women shouldn't judge other women, yet it's so hard. I wondered why she chose such a form-fitting dress. I guess we need to learn to stop judging other peoples' bodies and just accept them as healthy, happy people!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #17  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I loved everything about the finale! (Except Bob's tie!!) Bernie winning by 1 pound & Ali winning it all was magical!

I also totally relate to Ali comment about it happening 5 pounds at a time. I lost 112 pounds 10 years ago and gained it back slowly, but surely...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #18  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Default Female on Three!!! Ali Wins!

Here's the after video from the Today show this morning:

ALI on TODAY

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...57837#24157837
Old 04-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #19  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I didn't think Ali looked "too thin". She looked strong and muscular to me. I think she has a petite-ish upper body naturally. I have a sister with a similar build. She's almost bony up top, but curvy on the bottom.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I'm surprised no one is commenting on Brit...she looked like a supermodel when she walked out in that dress, wow! I knew she would be beautiful, but she lived up to it, she was gorgous but not too skinny, and she motivates me.

I was so proud of Kelly, she looked like a woman and even her walk was different in the dress. On the ones going for the at home $$, I wasn't as blown away as in past seasons, some of them in their first dresses I couldn't even see a difference really. But, the ones that did make big transformations I feel they are so changed they will keep it off, like it seems to have really changed a lot for their entire lifestyle and I hope they do keep it off.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I didn't think Ali looked "too thin". She looked strong and muscular to me. I think she has a petite-ish upper body naturally. I have a sister with a similar build. She's almost bony up top, but curvy on the bottom.
I don't think she is too thin either. She has a lot of muscle definition and just looks glowing healthy to me. And she has a great smile, she makes me feel I can do this, if she can I can.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #22  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

I love Ali! I love her energy, competitiveness, confidence and mostly her spirit! You can tell she is a good person. She is the type of woman girls can look at and look up to. She is the reason I began losing again she is a huge inspiration and motivation for me. She is thin enough I agree. I dont think she needs to get any smaller but she looks good.

Kelly is the Cinderella of the competition. I rooted for her week after week but never expected her to make it that far. She looked gorgeous and I pray God blesses her with children.

Brittany was a SUPERMODEL. And she is young and can live her life now. Dan too! Im super excited for them.

I cried when Curtis' bio was going. I think he is the biggest winner because he can provide for his family. He made a commitment and stuck with it.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #23  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Just as an FYI. Curtis had insurance for his family, he just could not get it for himself because of his weight. It is still a big deal, but just wanted to make the clarification.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I think Ali looks absolutely amazing....from the beautiful muscles on her tiny petite frame, to her sassy new hairdo.

BTW....every other woman in Georgia has that same haircut. Its hugely popular right now. That's why I don't have it! I have to be independent.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
............ I just kept staring at that spot all the time.........
OOPS! I caught myself staring at something else

All in all ~ I was very pleased with this season and the final results! I am curious to see what my wife thought about it since she watched it in New York...I hope she did!...she never misses and I didn't dvr it...oh-o!........

Oh well, I will know in about 5 hours when she gets home!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #26  
Ilene the Bean

I jumped off the couch too when she won I was so happy for her... I love her body and she is not too thin, just muscular and strong... I also love her hair, I have that cut, but with no bangs ...

I was happy too that Bernie won and by only one pound, take that Mark!!

Anyways I gotta get to the gym myself
Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #27  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Ya know...when Ali said in the retrospective: "I literally got fat 5 lbs at a time..." ooooh, LIGHTBULB moment for me!

Yep, I recall that process, step on the scale every few months...and see a little gain and think, "oh, no biggie".....NO! It's a BIGGIE! After a couple years of that I am now a BIGGIE!

Whew...I CAN do it...5 lbs the other way at a time....
Dang right you can! Did you sign up for TBL Challenge with us???
Old 04-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #28  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Dang right you can! Did you sign up for TBL Challenge with us???
Yep, I sure DID! Thanks Diva! I'm looking forward to it!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #29  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Kewl beans!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #30  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I finally played the video of the interview with Ali (I don't have sound at work) and I noticed that her scar disappeared. She must have had it fixed between the departure from the ranch and now.

Here is a funny pic of Paul and Kelly I found on NBC's site: