Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #31  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikel1979 View Post
Color Run tomorrow morning!
Hey, I'm color running tomorrow also! Cool.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
NON SCALE VICTORY!!!

I have been a compulsive overeater, and a binger -- that's how I got to 298, and I've not been successful before with taking this weight off until starting this January. I've not been ccompulsively overeating or bingeing since January this year, but it was a HUGE part of my life before.

So last Tuesday I picked up my elderly mother at the train station. She has dementia (that was her last train trip even), and she had lost her luggage and she gets very angry if anyone tries to help her describe the luggage. I was feeling really frustrated trying not to "help her" describe her luggage (she didn't know size or color) or even did not know her address or phone number, and I spoke up and supplied this information, and of course she was irritable with me about it. Also during her trip my sister and I had talked and I'm needing to start paperwork for conservatorship hearings, etc. So needless to say when I dropped her off at her house I was pretty emotionally charged up.....and this is what happened.

I drove to a 7-11 to get a large diet pepsi with ice which was fine, but while the cup was filling up, I saw over to the side some cornuts, and stuff like that. I got my drink and was looking over the cornuts packages trying to figure our how many carbs etc., when I realized to the left of the cornuts was this WHOLE row of candy -- all the candy I have binged on in the past when having problems, and especially any problem with my mother's problems.

I stood there and looked at all that stuff and was very tempted to get what I'd want and just eat it in the car and no one would know. Then I said this to myself, "None of this will help me feel better. None of this will make my problem any easier to deal with. It won't help me deal with mom, or a difficult mom who also now has dementia. It won't help at all, it won't even help me feel better after I've finished the candy -- I'll just want more candy and I'll just be going back to my old ways and the weight will come back on and more."

Then I sighed, and walked away from the candy aisle, paid for my diet pepsi, and went home. That is probably the biggest non scale victoriy of my entire life, and it is a moment and a lesson I hope I never forget.

Thanks for listening.....
Well done, you motivate me so.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #33  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

So my official Medifast weigh in this morning was sad - just 0.2 pound loss (I guess I can't complain after 8 pounds last week!).

My counselor did measurements this morning, and that was a much happier experience! I'm down a total of 17.8 inches combined in 10 weeks!

Last edited by SuperHeroTeacher; 06-08-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Let us know how the colour runs go. They look like so much fun. I hope you take (and post) before and after pictures.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Hope all our color runners are having FUN!

Happy Saturday all. Sunshine today which makes my heart soar.

Had an early socce grams, now off to neighborhood garage sales and making the most of the day.

Make those choices that will make you feel satisfied and happy. Drink your water and be active.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #36  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
Let us know how the colour runs go. They look like so much fun. I hope you take (and post) before and after pictures.
The Color Run was fabulous! I posted some pics in this thread.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Just posted my weigh in unfortunately I gained 0.6 lbs.

I am not worried though because it is TOM and my muscles are still killing me (I can barely walk) from my hike up the mountain so I am sure there is some water retention. I tried on a dress I want to wear for the school awards and 5 weeks ago there was a 2inch gap at the back where the zipper should do up and today it zipped (even though it is still a tad tight). So I feel like I am making progress.

Good luck to everyone else for their weigh ins hope it is a good week

Last edited by Rated; 06-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Good morning team,
Last day if the weekend *sob*.

Making a sleepover breakfast of pancakes, bacon & blueberries before we head to soccer practice.

Remember to post your weight before the deadline.

Have a wonderful Sunday- I may be back on after my long run later on.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/165/120

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to EofAZ for reaching the ones!!! What a great feeling that must be for you!

Elizabeth779 your progress is so amazing!!! I am so happy for your tenacity and accomplishment!!! We had so much fun shopping for dresses Friday night, which I had put off not expecting to be able to wear what I want to wear for a very special event coming up. With encouragement from my wonderful friend and “consultant” on this evening, I bought the dress in a snug size which I intend to wear more comfortably in about six weeks. Shopping outing was followed by several extra hours of hanging out, talking about many things, including low carb foods, but, wow, we didn’t go for cheesecake or any fattening “treat!”

I’m so impressed with all of the exercise accomplishments by those in this group! It’s not easy sticking to it, when it’s not something engrained in us.

Great NSV’s by so many – it is amazing how our mindset makes all the difference in the world!!! Here’s to heading into summer with the mindset of reaching for food that’s healthy for us and valiantly snubbing the Snickers bar!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

How was the color run for those that went? I'm doing one in September- any suggestions now that you've completed one?

I didn't lose or gain this week. I know 100% it's due to a lack of effort- so no excuses or reasons why- just that I will try better this week. I had a heck of a week and I let that take precedent over my fitness. Bad news, but I'm going to push past it this week.

CanadaMel How was the sleepover and breakfast?
Rated You'll get it this week! And hopefully I will be joining you with a big loss
Dahlia Hopefully we won't even WANT a snickers I, thankfully, tend to crave much healthier foods in the summer anyway- so here's hoping that sticks this summer too

Yes, I was talking about the job before. I thought it was a done deal that I didn't get it.... but I DID!!! I had to fly out for a last minute meeting with the hospital directing doctor. She wanted to make 100% sure I was right for the job. Well she decided I was right for it and now I'm going to be a hospital director Woop WOop! I'm a little nervous that my workout and diet might suffer because of the move and change in job, but my husband has already agreed that we will stick to healthy eating no matter what and that we can buy a treadmill so I can make sure I get my runs in.

I'm so thrilled- we had a celebration slice of cake and a healthy dinner at Olive Garden (not an easy feat) and I'm back to the healthy eating.

I hope you ladies are all having a great weekend!

Last edited by angiemama; 06-09-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #41  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Congratulations angiemama!

I'm moving back down the scale after an incredibly slow week.

Enjoy the remnants of the weekend everyone!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #42  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

About to start the final week of school with kids, and I can not wait for it to be over! I'm ready for a breather from students, but know that by August I'll be ready to back in school...
Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #43  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiemama View Post
How was the color run for those that went? I'm doing one in September- any suggestions now that you've completed one?
My only advice is to get together a group of your most silliest friends and do it together. It's really about the fun and not the run.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Thanks superheroteacher! I can't wait to start it.

Thank you Novus! I'm doing it with a few friends so I think it will be fun
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #45  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evening teamies.

I totally spaced posting my weight this week. We have been house hunting, work has been crazy, and I am ready to run screaming to the hills (which, if I did would be the only exercise I've done in 2 weeks).

I promise to pull it together. Hope you all are doing well and get with it this week, I promise!!!!!