Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #16  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Chiming in again ladies! On vacation this week so taking advantage and trying to get to know the team!

CanadaMel - Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to do this, for the reminders, and to ask if we are LISTENING. I know that I tend to talk big, and my intentions are great, I need to listen. To my body. To my doctors. To my husbands who loves me dearly but worries about my health. Thanks for reminding to really listen and be aware of our choices.

Riddy and Rated - my sisters in Kris - ness! I haven't seen this many K's in one place ever!!!!

SuperHeroTeacher - I have found the recumbent bike to be a blessing. I have a lovely set of feet with plantar fasciitis in BOTH at the moment. I find I break a good sweat and without the pressure of adding my bodyweight to the mix.

Changergirl - C25K is something I have really wanted to master. Bravo to you for getting to and through week 7. I have NEVER been a runner, but ache to know that high that people talk about when they complete a new goal, a 5k, a marathon. I hope to report my success with it someday.

To the rest to the awesome RED TEAM, I look forward to getting to know you too! I hope to get back here later tonight and catch up!

Have a great Tuesday all!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #17  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Nixmom Kris - plantar fasciitis SUCKS. Hope yours backs off soon.

I started couch to 5k last June, so I'm still a pretty new runner. I took about 3 months to complete it, and I am still a slow runner. I don't get the runners high yet but I'm hoping. I did realize how much I like running when my old sneakers died and it hurt to run, so I didn't til I got new ones. Eventually I'd like to go faster and longer, but I'm not in any big hurry.

Tonight I did a belly dance class for only the second time. I'm not very coordinated, but it's a good workout and the girl power energy is awesome. I think I'll get better the more I do it.

Last edited by Riddy; 05-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #18  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #19  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I've been having a rough week watching my calories and getting my exercise in. I've got to try to regroup and get back on track. I started therapy about a week ago for my anxiety, and it's really hard. I'm falling back into avoiding working out in public or with friends. It's just too much. Which makes me mad that I can't handle it. Hormones this week aren't helping either. *sigh* I know I need to do this though. I literally can't remember the last time my day wasn't filled with anxiety and struggling to keep the constant panic hidden. It's exhausting.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #20  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening ladies. I hope you are all doing well.

Armygirl -your approach to sweets is the same issue I have with starchy stuff! Bread, potatoes, pasta... mmmmm. I have to limit my access but not deny myself. I LOVE ME SOME TATERS!

MonteCristo - My son does IF and he has been really successful. I'm afraid I would eat twice my body weight daily in the 6 or so hours I could eat. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it works for you!

thinkfit - I'm with you on kicking the "all or nothing" thinking. I'm done with self-sabotaging too.

Novus - Congrats on being at your lowest! Thats sweet!!! I can't wait to report that to the group myself!

We are going camping this weekend (ugh). I loathe camping but we have these things call kids that require fun outtings occasionally . So along with the standard burgers, dogs and chips list, I have instructed my husband to by chicken, veggies, fruit and granola. This should be interesting.

Have a great night team!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi all!
Hope everyone had a great day.
I've been going what seems like non-stop, with little to show.
Took the girls to Value Village - kind of like an upscale Goodwill. While they didn't find anything, I did find some running pants.
Eating was OP for the most part, though it was overcast & rainy which signals snack time for me.
It's all about being aware of the signals our body is sending us. Is it truly hunger or am I just thirsty. Just because your head may think you want something (insert trigger food here) does not mean that is what your body wants or needs. Listen & trust your instincts and trust yourself to make the right choice.
And if we happen to make a not so good choice. The deed is done, you can't undo it. Do not dwell on the issue. Journal it, accept it and then forget about it because tomorrow is a new day.
Time to get off my soapbox and into bed.
Have a good sleep all!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #22  

God morning team!
Did you remember to eat breakfast? Just like our moms used to say, "it's the most mportant meal of he day".
While I have trouble eating within the first hour of waking up ( or whatever the research now was you should do) I am sure I have something before I leave the house.
My go to meals are oatmeal or scrambled egg with cheese and salsa.
And don't forget your water.
Have a great OP day. Make positive choices at will help you achieve your goals.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 05-23-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #23  

Hello everyone! Hope your week is going well, can't believe we're almost through week one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
thinkfit - I'm with you on kicking the "all or nothing" thinking. I'm done with self-sabotaging too.
Definitely my biggest hurdle! I've been bouncing around in the high 290's for almost a year now, but once I realized that that was my biggest problem, the weight is finally melting off... slowly, but surely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
God morning team!
Did you remember to eat breakfast? Just like our moms used to say, "it's the most mportant meal of he day".
While I have trouble eating within the first hour of waking up ( or whatever the research now was you should do) I am sure I have something before I leave the house.
My go to meals are oatmeal or scrambled egg with cheese and salsa.
And don't forget your water.
Have a great OP day. Make positive choices at will help you achieve your goals.
As a teenager I always used to skip breakfast (who didn't?), but now I can't live without it. If I don't eat something before leaving the house I get so cranky haha. My favorite is peanut butter toast w/ apple slices. Yummm.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #24  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaMel View Post
Did you remember to eat breakfast? .
I truly hate eating breakfast, but understand it is essential on my plan - my go-to breakfast for the past several weeks has been a Medifast mocha shake. I mix it up before showering and sip it while I'm getting ready and on the drive to work.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #25  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I went ahead and weighed myself this morning. Having been not allowed to run for a few weeks, I wanted to get my weigh-in out of the way. I'm sure there will be a bit of muscle water retention after my first run back this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised. Between being bloated and not being very good about exercise or food this week, I was worried I'd see a gain. I'm down a lb though.

Busy weekend ahead for me - today I'm gonna spend a couple of hours in the pool, then a couple of hours at the park for Kid 2's picnic, then a couple of hours at the school for Kid 1's picnic (why can't they be at the same place?!?!?!), and then, weather permitting, mow the grass. Tomorrow is the 10K I'm registered for, that I'm 95% sure I'm going to attempt as long as my ankle feels ok during/after my swim today, and then a classmate's birthday party. Sunday we'll be at the park all day for a family thing, and then the hubby & I might go out, since Sunday is his birthday & his mom is keeping the kiddies overnight.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I actually love breakfast, but I've cut it out for now while I'm trying IF. I just couldn't cut out dinner, as that's the time of day I'm most hungry, plus any exercise I do is in the afternoon, so I end of getting woozy if I don't eat. So far it is working amazingly well. I lost 4lbs in 2 weeks.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #27  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning all!

Packing up to take off to camp. Weighed in. Hope you all have a fabulous long weekend. I'll be back Tuesday!

Kris
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #28  

Hi gang-

Nixmom- have fun time camping. Hope you have great weather too.

MonteCristo- I'm drawing a blank- what does IF stand for?

Nikel-busy busy! Listen to your ankle. You don't want to do more damage. Have fun whether you race or cheer others on!

Proud of myself- stayed on running schedule & did 5k last night in the rain.
Usually I'm such a weenie and will only run if the weather cooperates. Even thought about going to the Y to get on a treadmill- but went in the rain and got it done.

Enjoy your afternoon!

For those red team members in the states, enjoy your Holiday weekend.
Everyone remember to post your weight on the weigh in thread before 6pm on Sunday!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Mel - IF is intermitent fasting. Basically you limit your eating hours. People use all different kinds of time frames. I currently do 15/9 which is 15 hours of fasting (8pm-11am) and 9 hours of eating (11am-8pm) so I eat lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and sometimes a little something in the evening. I like it because it gives me a chance to feel hungry, without feeling deprived, because even though I keeping the total calories low, the reduction of a meal lets each of the other meals increase in size. It has also changed the way I think about food...because I don't eat as often, food seems to have become more of a "need to" rather than a "want to". I'm sure that all sounds a bit hokey, but it at least is working for me.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Wow, you guys all seem really busy this weekend. I'm going to be lazy this weekend and try to do as little as possible, if I didn't have to run my W7D3 C25K tonight I probably wouldn't leave the house!!! I've gone out of town the last 4 weekends so I just need a break. Plus the house needs some late spring cleaning.

As for breakfast, I definitely need it. I'm a teacher and I don't get a break until lunch time at 12:20 so if I don't eat before school I am going to be starving and then eat way too much. Right now I'm trying to increase my protein levels so my normal muesli and yogurt is going to have to change. I'm thinking of alternating between a couple eggs with a piece of toast or 1/2 a bagel or some oatmeal with peanut butter. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to it. However I don't have a ton of time in the morning and I live in Korea so things like protein powder are expensive/hard to find.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and weigh in.