Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #61  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Terapet- Welcome back!!! You've rocked the last two challenges so I'm sure you will do awesome things this time around as well. Your such a great motivator too!!

GettinFit- My pleasure!!

Everyone else- Hope you are all doing well. I noticed someone said something about reading what other people are doing in their nutritional and workout journals to get ideas...this is awesome! Looking back on my last two days this week I noticed I'm eating too much cheese product so I'm cutting that out as of this morning. Sometimes we don't notice the small changes we can make in our everyday lives can actually show big results later on.

On a side note- WEIGH IN INFORMATION- Just because the weigh in cut off time is Sundays at 10:00pm AST (Google the time zone), doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in. If you weigh in on another day of the week, go ahead and post your weigh in early. It is much better for you to post, then wait until last minute and end up using one of your freebies. In most cases as the challenges progress we tend to lose members because people forget to weigh in. So remember, you don't have to wait until Sunday night to post you weigh in.

Good luck to everyone. It's Hump Day here in SK. The sun is up but its still really cold. I'm back to work..kiddos are on reccess. I'll drop in some more later tonight.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #62  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hello everyone, I'm honey.

I am not officially a part of the Challenge since I missed the cutoff, but I was invited by RainbowSmiles to "play along" with your team. I won't be 'officially' weighing in but hope to get to know everyone.

I hope no one minds that I am playing along.

In any event, I am 27 years old, married to a wonderful man (who unfortunately is away at this time) I've been with for 8 years. We have 1 daughter who is 16 years old (we adopted her about 7 years ago). Even though she is very close in age to me, it has several benefits. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have battled weight all of my life.

I am director of a nonprofit as well as I own 2 businesses (a greeting card company and the other I can't say b/c then I'd have to kill you). LOL.

Ok enough rambling for now. I have read through all of the personals. Hello to all of you LOSERS!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #63  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBodyisMyTemple View Post
Hello everyone, I'm honey.

I am not officially a part of the Challenge since I missed the cutoff, but I was invited by RainbowSmiles to "play along" with your team. I won't be 'officially' weighing in but hope to get to know everyone.

I hope no one minds that I am playing along.

In any event, I am 27 years old, married to a wonderful man (who unfortunately is away at this time) I've been with for 8 years. We have 1 daughter who is 16 years old (we adopted her about 7 years ago). Even though she is very close in age to me, it has several benefits. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have battled weight all of my life.

I am director of a nonprofit as well as I own 2 businesses (a greeting card company and the other I can't say b/c then I'd have to kill you). LOL.

Ok enough rambling for now. I have read through all of the personals. Hello to all of you LOSERS!
welcome honey....what better place than here...to make GREAT friends...and lose weight...and enjoy the NEW YEAR NEW YOU CHALLENGE!! by the time the spring challenge comes around, YOU WILL BE IN FULL SWING...AND PROBABLY HAVE ALREADY LOST 25 POUNDS!!!

i am sooooo proud of you for not putting it off just because of a deadline!! i wish you all the best...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-11-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #64  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Mel - I'm in Edmonton. Also absolutely freezing!!

I like the idea of checking out the nutritional journals for ideas...brilliant!

Who else is watching this season of The Biggest Loser? This is the first season that I was lighter than all of the contestants starting weights....kind of a fun NSV for me (I've watched every season since the 3rd I think).
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #65  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Heya red team!

Just ended a 12+ hour day and am prepared only for a long nights sleep.

Wanted to send KUDOS out to all you girls getting your food and exercise right this week. I am looking forward to joining that part of my life again soon to. Stinkin' work has got the best of me both days so far this week. I start out on track and by noon have no will power.

Keep up the good work! I need role models!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!

My name is Kasia, I'm 26, and I currently live in Colorado. This is my first Red Team/Blue Team BL Challenge, although I've done one in the 20s forum that had many more but smaller teams, so this will be new. So many people to keep up with!

Anywhos, I've been "big" my whole life and ballooned up to my current rate from an almost-healthy 160 lbs about 4 years ago (took me one semester in college to gain 30 pounds...that's what an injury plus bummedness over said injury did to me). I've been trying, but too hard, to lose the weight ever since but it's always crept up. So now I'm trying to get myself moving more often and eating healthier.

So far I've restarted C210K and have joined an adult swim team to get myself somewhat ready for rugby season, which is starting up in about 6 weeks. I also did a couple triathlons last summer and was not impressed by my results so I'm going to try to build a base and get used to exercising daily before I start an official training program in mid-March.

This is long enough so I'll end here. I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone's introductions, but I have read most of them and it seems like we have a very diverse group. I'm really excited for this challenge and for the support this group gives to everyone in it!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 274/247/165

Height: 5'4

Hello Red Team!
My name is Tanya and I live in Anchorage, AK. I am 29 yrs old, married with one 6 yr. old daughter. I am new to 3fc and am excited to have a "team" to hold me accountable! In 2009 I went from 274 to 222 and felt great. It was the first time in my entire overweight life I had lost that much weight but I wasn't strong enough to sustain through the uphill challenges that life threw me that year. This year I’m starting fresh and am ready to get back in the groove!
I have chosen to count calories and to eliminate fast food and soda pop from my diet. I need to somehow incorporate an exercise routine into my schedule- I was going 5 days a week when I lost before-but with my schedule now that is simply not possible! I have a wii and have read several posts about the wii fit and am strongly leaning toward a balance board! We'll see~
Old 01-12-2011, 03:13 AM   #68  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!
I'm kori, 20, a student/office assistant in CT!
I'm excited for the challenge! Trying to lose 50lbs
Bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred tonight!! Can't wait until it comes in the mail <3
Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #69  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Just checking in to say hi and see how everyone's doing so far
It's been a good on plan week for me. We got about 4 inches of snow here overnight, so I'm off to shovel out the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Stinkin' work has got the best of me both days so far this week. I start out on track and by noon have no will power.
I completely understand! It was SO HARD for me over the holidays at work, I ended up caving in for awhile, but back on plan now, and trying to stay strong. You can do it!! Maybe you could bring some yummy on plan snacks to work to try and avoid temptation?

Last edited by chickadee dee dee; 01-12-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #70  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Good morning Red!

Thank god we have these boards to turn to for motivation. I was feeling low, but after reading a page or two of posts I'm off to the treadmill!

THANK YOU ALL!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Hi Fellow Red Team Members,

I'm GettinFit aka Sheila. I live in the Atlanta area.
HEY!!!!!! I live in the Atlanta area too!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting to have a teammate who lives close to home too! Awesome!

peanutt and Wild Vulpix - Thanks for the Wii game advice! I am going to check out Gamestop and see if they have used copies of either one of those two. Do I need any additional equipment for them other than the game? I know the Wii Fit has a scale or something with it. Do these two also require something like that or will I be fine picking up a used copy of just the game? I am thinking about going ahead and taking the gift cards and getting the Wii today while I am off from work.

On a side note, every Wednesday I look at the scale to see if it is less than what I weighed on Sunday, my official weigh in day. I call it the Midweek Scale Peek. Before the new year I wasn't posting the actual weight on my blog, but I am now. I think it will help me to stay accountable. So this morning I posted about my Midweek Scale Peek and posted a pic of the scale on there! I am on the verge of saying good-bye to the 240's again! I AM PUMPED!!!!!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 01-12-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello,

I am Lynn. I'm 65 years old, I post on the 50+ site in the Golden Girls thread & teach online courses in a graduate education program for Phoenix University. I have watched Biggest Loser for years, but have never before joined a BL Challenge.

I am late posting bc I just returned from Disney in FL where my DD ran the marathon on Sunday. I REALLY want to fast walk a 1/2 marathon, but will NOT commit until I can get my speed up. I don't want to be swept. When I began my "fast" walking, I could do only a 20-minute mile. I am down to a 17-minute mile. To be in a marathon, I need to get down to at least 15-minute mile.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Lynn
Old 01-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #73  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

CourtneyDaisey: The Biggest Loser Challenge is just the game. It can be used with the Wii Fit board if you have one, but it's not necessary. EA Sports Active can also be used with the board, but again not necessary. It should come with some additional sensors (that wrap on your arm and thigh) to be used with the game though.

I switched my rest day to yesterday. It's cold and miserable here (-28C as I type) and I was feeling totally run down. Hopefully I'll be more inspired to get in a good workout tonight.

One of the challenges for DH and me over the past week has been comfort food. When it's cold we just want to hibernate and eat things like chicken pot pie and mac and cheese. So I've been trying to find OP comfort food recipes. Last night I made a delicious OP creamy chicken soup with olive oil biscuits. My cup of soup and biscuit was only 350 calories for a hearty and warming meal. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post

On a side note, every Wednesday I look at the scale to see if it is less than what I weighed on Sunday, my official weigh in day. I call it the Midweek Scale Peek. Before the new year I wasn't posting the actual weight on my blog, but I am now. I think it will help me to stay accountable. So this morning I posted about my Midweek Scale Peek and posted a pic of the scale on there! I am on the verge of saying good-bye to the 240's again! I AM PUMPED!!!!!
midweek scale peek!!

i love it!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #75  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello, fellow REDheads (some of us literal, some more in a team sense!)

Hope everyone who's getting hit with all this snow is staying warm. It's a balmy 6 below here in Kansas City today, so I'll be staying inside, but the kids and I have decided to turn on the Music on Demand and have ourselves a DANCE PARTY MARATHON! Yay for family bonding and exercise at the same time!!

I also have two really large candle orders to get out over the next couple of days...175 candles total, so I'll be in and out for most of the day...just wanted to pop in and say hi!!